News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NHL 2013

Started by khalpin, January 06, 2013, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Goaltenders rematch from the Olympics
Let's hope that this one turns out different
should be a great series

there is no easy road to the CUP
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mattstick

Toronto hockey fans are so weird, half the people I spoke to at the Jays game last night were stoked Montreal beat Boston and the other half were pissed that the Habs won...

khalpin

Quote from: mattstick on May 15, 2014, 09:37:03 AM

Toronto hockey fans are so weird, half the people I spoke to at the Jays game last night were stoked Montreal beat Boston and the other half were pissed that the Habs won...
Which camp are you in?

mattstick

I'll cheer for any Canadian team left, excluding the Canucks and Senators.

After what Boston did to us last year, the harder they lose the better.

khalpin

Quote from: mattstick on May 15, 2014, 10:05:25 AM

Despite the Toronto / Montreal rivalry?  See that's nuts.  No way in hell would I ever root for Philly, NJ or the Isles.

You're right, Toronto fans are so weird.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

khalpin

Quote from: khalpin on May 15, 2014, 10:09:45 AM

Despite the Toronto / Montreal rivalry?  See that's nuts.  No way in hell would I ever root for Philly, NJ or the Isles.

However, people seem to root for given teams for the strangest reasons.  A lot of people have told me "I'm glad <so and so> won the cup.  Since they knocked us out of the playoffs, it feels better that they were the team that won the cup and we didn't lose to just anybody." or "I root for whatever team is in the East because it makes our conference look better." 

Never made any sense to me, but whatever.

mattstick

Quote from: khalpin on May 15, 2014, 10:09:45 AM

Toronto/Montreal was my Dad's rivalry.  The Leafs haven't played the Habs in the playoffs since 93. The Leafs main rivals are the Sens.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

pcr3

He clearly deserved it
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mattstick

Remember when Marchand did this, didn't get called for delay of game and effectively ruined my enjoyment of hockey for at least a year?

mattstick

This is still the best tho

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: mattstick on May 15, 2014, 01:56:18 PM

Remember when Marchand did this, didn't get called for delay of game and effectively ruined my enjoyment of hockey for at least a year?

your enjoyment of hockey was ruined last year because the Leafs couldn't hold a 3 goal lead. They gave up 3 goals in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd, 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd.

Keep crying in your beer, but don't blame the refs
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

That's Delay of Game. If your team is stupid enough to violate the rules to start overtime they should get a penalty.

The Leafs were a bad team and that was a nightmare to watch, but a correctly called Power Play there could have turned the tide or stopped the bleeding, at the minimum it slows Boston's momentum.

Between the Leafs coming that close and losing last year and the Olympic tournament being so good this year, I've just had enough hockey and can't enjoy NHL the same way.