News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/27 - MPP - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Tomapella, June 27, 2010, 11:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: Alumni on August 06, 2010, 04:49:15 PM
I think you're all  :crazy:

:evil:

I'm not asking for a Beefeater, or Tanquery, or Bombay Sapphire. Wake me up when they get up to Seagram's.

werd :beers:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Phish_Lifer

When I was 3 and 4 living in Maryland, my family and I went to the Phish shows up in Maine. Grew up my entire life listening to them, and since those two concerts, it took until the New Years shows last year for me to see them again, since I live in Miami now and they don't come often. Went up to Maryland with a friend to see them as a graduation present. If I thought I was a Phish Phan before, I was an idiot. Since those shows, my iTunes collection of Phish has gone from under 100 to 315, and is about to jump somewhere around 400. Those two shows were absolutely fantastic and I'm even GLAD I chose the Phish concerts over the Crossroads Festival on the same date as the first show (original reason was financial and timing). Having the full moon come over the trees in the middle of Wolfman's Brother was surreal and being under the awning area the second night was electrifying. Just when everyone around me including myself thought we were just about zapped of energy, Trey pulls out the one thing I'd been hoping for in the back of my mind ever since I downloaded his version of Izabella off of livephish.com, a Hendrix cover. Loved hearing the entire audience jolted back to life on those first couple notes!

PHISH, FOR THE LOVE OF...... PHISH, COME TO FLORIDA!! (Play at UCF like you did 15 years ago, TRUST ME I'll be there :D)

:phish:

And to those guys on the previous page analyzing every bit of minutiae from the show, enjoy the music! Every show has its faults, there's no need to scrutinize all of them, it's not like they have more than one chance to get it perfect, it's LIVE! I liked the show better live because I was there to listen to Trey make his guitar sing, and not waiting until the end of the song to make sure they segued properly. C'mon guys that's not what Phish is about!
You just lost the game.

VDB

I just listened to this Piper again, and every time I do, I like it more.

At the time, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Too much going on, too dense to comprehend. Clearer of mind now, I can better appreciate just how much stuff is crammed into this version, and I don't mean "crammed" in a bad way. I won't compare the sheer quality of the improvisation to your '94-'95 days, when they could accomplish far more in 12 minutes' worth of Tweezer than ever they could in 22 minutes' worth of '03 or '04... but I sure do like hearing them trying to develop multiple new ideas rapidly and on the fly from time to time.
Is this still Wombat?

G. Augusto

sophist

Quote from: G. Augusto on January 24, 2011, 03:28:12 PM
This is one of the best 3.0 shows?!
Holy god.
1) No

2) Peep the 18 year old n00b trying to explain Phish to us (Phish_Lifer).   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

G. Augusto

Quote from: sophist on January 24, 2011, 03:32:29 PM
Quote from: G. Augusto on January 24, 2011, 03:28:12 PM
This is one of the best 3.0 shows?!
Holy god.
1) No

2) Peep the 18 year old n00b trying to explain Phish to us (Phish_Lifer).   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Listening to the RMSTR now and honestly, this has got to be one of the worst 3.0 shows.

I remember not listening to these two shows so that I could listen to them on our flight to Fiji, and was all "WTF?" when I heard them.
I'm still all WTF?

McGrupp

3.0 has become a lot more about "the moments" rather than "the shows".

Unfortunately, these shows didn't really have any "moments".
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

fauxpaxfauxreal

VDB

For as much as people like to hate on this show (hey, to each his/her own), I don't think I've seen anyone directly try to hate on this Piper. Go on, I dare you.
Is this still Wombat?

G. Augusto

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 25, 2011, 04:15:32 PM
For as much as people like to hate on this show (hey, to each his/her own), I don't think I've seen anyone directly try to hate on this Piper. Go on, I dare you.

Ok.
Piper is boring.
It sounds like every other 3.0 jam.

Igbo

Agree with Aug. Lame Piper, short and went way too soon to the lyrics.

antelope19

Quote from: Igbo on January 25, 2011, 04:43:06 PM
Agree with Aug. Lame Piper, short and went way too soon to the lyrics.

Is this not everyone's complaint with the 3.0 Pipers?  The intro is always cut too short? 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

fauxpaxfauxreal

Antelope-this show sucks-

(puts on headphones...rages to Piper, Ghost and JJF)

Yup.  Still sucks.

danje

Besides the maybe the Gin, I thought the Piper was the highlight of the show. Trey was all over the place, but I respected that fact that he was going for it.

Igbo

JJF sucks too. They shouldve just jammed it rather than singing any verses. JJF jam would have been ill.