News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/12 - Bonnaroo - Manchester, TN - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, June 13, 2009, 03:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

I didn't make any late-nights on Saturday either.

Friday was an amazing day though...

Vieux Farka Toure >
Bela Fleck & Toumain Diabate >
Al Green >
David Byrne >
Phish >
Girl Talk

keeb333

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 16, 2009, 11:12:00 AM
Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on June 16, 2009, 12:54:58 AM
Bonnaroo kicked my arse.  I was soo tired every day.  I think the road is starting to wear me thin.  I completely missed NIN because I went back to my car and fell asleep at 8:30 and woke up at 3:30... saw what time it was and went back to sleep and woke up at almost noon the next day.  Had fun though and phish rocked that place the fuck out.  

Same here man...... I didn't make it past 10 pm on saturday!!!! 

Only to be woken up at 6 am the next day to moe still raging it past sunrise :roll:  Worst wake-up ever.

I fell asleep on the lawn saturday during Bruce...woke up, went back to camp and saw nothing else that night.  Raged Friday night, made through the entire Phish set and then wandered around a bit.  Some some crazy shit at Paul Oakenfold!  Sunday was insane, too.  Liquid everywhere!  :evil: :-D :-o

whyweigh5.0

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mattstick on June 16, 2009, 11:18:41 AM

I didn't make any late-nights on Saturday either.

Friday was an amazing day though...

Vieux Farka Toure >
Bela Fleck & Toumain Diabate >
Al Green >
David Byrne >
Phish >
Girl Talk

That was a sick day indeed, minus Girl Talk, those were all the same shows I saw Friday as well!
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

i'm listening to the LP sbd of this show and i'm thinking the recording is sorta bleh. cant hear mike worth a shit for one thing...

anyway, i was wondering if anyone could recommend a good audience of this show.
thanks.

BTW., just heard the h00d for the first tiemfrom this show, and i thought it was pretty cool.
though during the decent 2001 i started wondering what the F_ is up with TRey and his Whammy? ser. how long is this silly fad gonna last? i'd almost rather him go back to looping dive bombs in every song.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Rift

Quote from: VA slim on June 19, 2009, 05:44:27 PM
thanks.

This one:  http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=525871

Mike is fairly buried in the mix though but this is a damn good FOB source. I think whomever was running the board that night just didn't have Mike turned up loud enough. Maybe we need to start up PLM again!  :-D
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

VA $l!m

Quote from: Rift on June 19, 2009, 06:17:12 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 19, 2009, 05:44:27 PM
thanks.

This one:  http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=525871

Mike is fairly buried in the mix though but this is a damn good FOB source. I think whomever was running the board that night just didn't have Mike turned up loud enough. Maybe we need to start up PLM again!  :-D

thx bro., +K.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

So my friend just got back from the 'Roo last week and said he spent one of Phish's sets standing beside Sean Avery and the beautiful women surrounding him.  He even weaseled a few free beers out of the bartender serving Avery.  I  would have never thought that guy would be a fan of Phish.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

Sean Avery being a phan isn't nearly as much as a stretch as Ann Coulter liking  :syf:, but she does and has been to a lot of shows.

go figure
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: slslbs on June 24, 2009, 08:08:16 PM
Sean Avery being a phan isn't nearly as much as a stretch as Ann Coulter liking  :syf:, but she does and has been to a lot of shows.

go figure
Yeah, I read an article on her being slipped acid at a show back in the day.  Definitely a stretch, she drives me bonkers to listen to her rants.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Quote from: Phishy69 on June 24, 2009, 09:24:05 PM
Quote from: slslbs on June 24, 2009, 08:08:16 PM

go figure
Yeah, I read an article on her being slipped acid at a show back in the day.  Definitely a stretch, she drives me bonkers to listen to her rants.

They must have fed her the brown acid.

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sls.stormyrider

back to the music - finally getting to this one

up to 2001, very good show but I'd take Camden over it.

DWD = sick
Stash - really enjoyed it. Not the same type of sickness as 93 - 95, but very interesting. Better than Fenway, imo, but Fenway had some great moments too.
KDF - I like where this one is going. Some parts of the jam seem familiar, just an observation, not a complaint.

excellent source:
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=525871
Source: Schoeps MK21(nos) > kcy > Schoeps VMS5U + Schoeps MK4(ortf) > kcy > Schoeps VMS02IB > Lifted Chris Hall interconnects > Busman Mod R4 Pro

Lineage: Edirol R4 Pro @ 24/48 > HD > Wavelab 5 > CDWave > TLH

Tape and Transfer: Jeff Hatcher (habit1973@gmail.com)