News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2012 Election Thread

Started by runawayjimbo, January 03, 2012, 08:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

South Carolina goes to Newt.

Probably a bump in the road for Romney. SC was not very kind to him four years ago either, so no huge surprise. But he did better this time around, a sign of his much improved strength from 2008.

Fans of the horse race will like this result as Mitt is obviously not going to run away with it any time too soon. At least, it looks like that now...
Is this still Wombat?

twatts

Quote from: kellerb on January 20, 2012, 05:09:45 PM
A former coworker of mine had this to say:  "Never turn down a blowjob."

How did his cock taste???

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

kellerb

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on January 22, 2012, 12:25:34 AM

Terry

+K

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 21, 2012, 08:13:29 PM

Probably a bump in the road for Romney. SC was not very kind to him four years ago either, so no huge surprise. But he did better this time around, a sign of his much improved strength from 2008.

Fans of the horse race will like this result as Mitt is obviously not going to run away with it any time too soon. At least, it looks like that now...

Fascinating

It amazes me how self-identified Evangelicals (2/3rds of the vote) can break for a twice divorced adulterer 2-1 over Romney and Santorum in spite of because he told John King "Go fuck yourself" after being asked how he pitched swinging to his 2nd wife.

Also hilarious/depressing, of the 1/3rd or the electorate who "strongly agreed" with the Tea Party, Newt won almost half the vote. People who claim to oppose bank bailouts are going overwhelmingly for a guy who got paid millions to lobby Fannie/Freddie at the height of the housing bubble but now rails against their role in the crisis.

I thought Newt would close the gap or sneak out a victory; I definitely did not expect this kinds of ass whooping. Now I get why states' rights can be such a frightening prospect for you dudes from the South.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 22, 2012, 01:02:19 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 21, 2012, 08:13:29 PM

Fascinating

It amazes me how self-identified Evangelicals (2/3rds of the vote) can break for a twice divorced adulterer 2-1 over Romney and Santorum in spite of because he told John King "Go fuck yourself" after being asked how he pitched swinging to his 2nd wife.

Also hilarious/depressing, of the 1/3rd or the electorate who "strongly agreed" with the Tea Party, Newt won almost half the vote. People who claim to oppose bank bailouts are going overwhelmingly for a guy who got paid millions to lobby Fannie/Freddie at the height of the housing bubble but now rails against their role in the crisis.

I thought Newt would close the gap or sneak out a victory; I definitely did not expect this kinds of ass whooping. Now I get why states' rights can be such a frightening prospect for you dudes from the South.

And what should we expect from the least educated State in our Union??? 

"Newt kicked ass!  Romney is a pussy.  Santor-who?  Throw me a Bud and watch this!"

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will

twatts

SC

I take it you've never been to the Palmetto State...  It is a whole 'nuther palce unto itself...

Terry

----------------------

I want super-human will

Superfreakie

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on January 22, 2012, 12:25:34 AM

Terry

I would imagine it tastes like chicken. Most white meat does.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

phil

People in south carolina voted for newt because they like gettin' some strange. States rights to be swingers is more like it.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

VDB

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on January 22, 2012, 02:36:28 AM
SC

I take it you've never been to the Palmetto State...  It is a whole 'nuther palce unto itself...

Terry

Pay no attention to the northerner!
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Cmon Floridians, you've got a reputation for being batshit crazy to uphold, dont let me down by playing it safe and going for Romney. 

GO NEWT GO!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

antelope19

Quote from: Hicks on January 22, 2012, 02:56:30 PM
Cmon Floridians, you've got a reputation for being batshit crazy to uphold, dont let me down by playing it safe and going for Romney. 

GO NEWT GO!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on January 23, 2012, 12:26:21 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 23, 2012, 09:32:48 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on January 23, 2012, 08:50:12 AM
Interesting aside, related to something we talked about earlier.

Why Apple's products are 'Designed in California' but 'Assembled in China'

After reading that, listen to this: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/454/mr-daisey-and-the-apple-factory
I've heard excerpts - disturbing stuff

But it's not just Apple. It's all Western electronic companies that are using the Chinese labor market and lots of other industries, taboot.
Also,  very little of that was totally new to me. It's just tough to hear it all at once.