News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: Goodfellas vs. Rashomon

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

mistercharlie

"Now run home and grab your fuckin' shine box."
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

So I admit I've never heard of, much less seen, this Rashomon thingy... Though I'm sure it wouldn't matter.
Is this still Wombat?

cactusfan

i'm just happy Rashomon squeaked in here.

Scorsese, of course, would think you were a moron for rating Goodfellas above it, but that doesn't mean much.

the importance of Rashomon in the history of film cannot be overstated. if you haven't seen it, you should see it. it's better than everything on your netflix queue.

PIE-GUY

Rashomon got a bum draw... them's the breaks sometimes.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

barnesy305

Rashomon. Kurosawa was a genius, it's too bad there's not more of his work in this thing.

khalpin

Shit.  I read that too quickly and thought it was Rushmore.  Thinking to myself "how could that possibly get voted in here."  Still can't believe Seven Samurai didn't make the cut.

aphineday

Henry Hill was a bad mother fucker.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

whatapiper

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 08, 2012, 08:52:24 AM
So I admit I've never heard of, much less seen, this Rashomon thingy... Though I'm sure it wouldn't matter.

Same here so this is an easy one despite Goodfellas being a good contender in any round
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

susep

Lifeboy

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on May 08, 2012, 08:52:24 AM

same here. Goodfellas is a top 10 for me. I used to watch it repeatedly when I was a youngster.

Tommy - "I like this one. One dog goes one way and the other goes the other way. And this guy's saying, "Whaddya want from me?" The guy's got a nice head of white hair. Beautiful. The dog it looks the same."

Jimmy - "Looks like somebody we know."
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke: