News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2011 Week4paug NFL Suicide Pool

Started by khalpin, September 07, 2011, 12:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 08, 2011, 12:17:17 PM
Picked Buffalo. You know, at some point in time you're going to have to pick Buffalo/Cleveland/Cinci/Jacksonville.....or the Jets. Might as well rip the band-aid off early.
Actually, usually there's a winner by about week 6, mostly due to people forgetting to make their picks.

Pretty ballsy going with an underdog, though.  But as a Bills fan, I sure hope you make it to week two!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: khalpin on September 08, 2011, 12:48:10 PM
Picked Buffalo. You know, at some point in time you're going to have to pick Buffalo/Cleveland/Cinci/Jacksonville.....or the Jets. Might as well rip the band-aid off early.
Actually, usually there's a winner by about week 6, mostly due to people forgetting to make their picks.

Pretty ballsy going with an underdog, though.  But as a Bills fan, I sure hope you make it to week two!

It is tempting save some of the better teams for later weeks in favor of a team that might only win 3-4 games all year, but I've been burned on that in the past so I like taking a sure thing early just to get through the first couple of weeks. Therefore, I'm taking the stinking Pats (for now).
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

DoW

better to save picking the Jets for the Pats game.

I'll sign up for this later.  I tend to pick against teams more often than picking a team.  pick the 3 or 4 worst teams and choose the one who has the least chance of pulling off a miracle.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

JPhishman

Quote from: aphineday on September 08, 2011, 02:10:37 AM
Quote from: JPhishman on September 08, 2011, 01:53:30 AM
Quote from: aphineday on September 08, 2011, 12:54:35 AM
In.
I have no idea wtf I'm doing. Just pick ONE team I think will win?

The hitch is that you only get to pick a team once per season.

I'm goin with the Browns this week. Don't get many opportunities to feel confident about those guys...
Whoa, thanks Heath. I totally picked the Pack this week (partly out of fandom), changing now.
Also, you may get more of an opportunity to feel confident in Cleveland; Colt McCoy is going to rip shit up IVHO.

I agree with you that McCoy is going to be a solid QB in this league and the Browns are improving, but let's be clear...

Fuck the Browns. New and old. (Ravens)

The Steelers will own the AFC North again this year. See ya in the Superbowl rematch John.   :samurai:
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

barnesy305

aphineday

Quote from: JPhishman on September 08, 2011, 02:35:02 PM
Quote from: aphineday on September 08, 2011, 02:10:37 AM
Quote from: JPhishman on September 08, 2011, 01:53:30 AM
Quote from: aphineday on September 08, 2011, 12:54:35 AM
In.
I have no idea wtf I'm doing. Just pick ONE team I think will win?

The hitch is that you only get to pick a team once per season.

I'm goin with the Browns this week. Don't get many opportunities to feel confident about those guys...
Whoa, thanks Heath. I totally picked the Pack this week (partly out of fandom), changing now.
Also, you may get more of an opportunity to feel confident in Cleveland; Colt McCoy is going to rip shit up IVHO.

I agree with you that McCoy is going to be a solid QB in this league and the Browns are improving, but let's be clear...

Fuck the Browns. New and old. (Ravens)

The Steelers will own the AFC North again this year. See ya in the Superbowl rematch John.   :samurai:
LOL!! Well said, and agreed.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Casey Lenahan

I owe Aug $20

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

nab

Superfreakie

Buffalo bitches - eat it and get ready to be schooled by a Canadian at your own game.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

khalpin

First time I ever someone get knocked out by forgetting to make their pick week one!  :-o

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: khalpin on September 12, 2011, 08:06:46 AM
First time I ever someone get knocked out by forgetting to make their pick week one!  :-o
I was away all weekend and totally forgot.  Pretty sad, I know.  :shakehead:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

barnesy305