News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish's Terrapin Station - good?

Started by abstractstar, November 19, 2005, 08:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

i left before the Bobby encore on 10-06-00.
in my defense, i had a mad fever and needed to rest up before the final show.
on tape....
i didnt miss anything too good.
a

VA $l!m

Ps gumbo, abstracstar started this theard last Year i believe, so the welcome is alittle belated bro! :wink:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Quote from: VA slim on December 18, 2006, 02:18:43 PM
Ps gumbo, abstracstar started this theard last Year i believe, so the welcome is alittle belated bro! :wink:

:lol:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Yeah they did learn it that day. They did the same thing with DSOTM (aside from Great Gig but they hadn't played that in what? 5 years?)

oh, and the Ripple was at Crap Center, of course.

Gumbo72203

hahaha well aren't i the fool then.  lol. 

they learned Dark Side in one day also?  That doesnt surprise me... the music is quite simple for that album, and its so engrained in their heads that im sure they learned a lot of it as kids anyway. 

but what about lyrics?  Did they use a teleprompter or anything for Dark Side or Terrapin Station?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

rowjimmy

no prompters on stage.

I do recall the big posterboard lyric sheets brought out for "Git Jiggy With It"

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 18, 2006, 03:11:35 PM
no prompters on stage.

I do recall the big posterboard lyric sheets brought out for "Git Jiggy With It"

ditto w/ the Ventura Sexual healing-- straight Kareoke night kids!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on December 18, 2006, 03:13:13 PM
ditto w/ the Ventura Sexual healing-- straight Kareoke night kids!
I've sung that @ Karaoke before...  :oops:

Gumbo72203

heres an interesting question: would you have rather had Fishman use a giant posterboard lyric sheet for Cecilia and sing it correctly (the words at least) or do you feel his actual rendition is priceless?

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Wolfmansbabymama

I was blown away when they played Terrapin. chills up the spine. i also loved the Running with the Devil in Atl. though.
Quote from: phan003 on April 18, 2007, 07:40:22 PM
Band Bashing and owning is a 5 step process.

danje

They learned Terrapin during encore break

cactusfan

Quote from: august on December 18, 2006, 02:17:45 PM
i left before the Bobby encore on 10-06-00.
in my defense, i had a mad fever and needed to rest up before the final show.
on tape....
i didnt miss anything too good.
a

i WISH i'd left. LIVE you didn't miss anything good, either. sure way to kill a phish show dead in its tracks: bring out a member of the dead.

August

nice!
even if i saw Bobby coming out, i would have left.
i was SICK...i had to leave.
whatever, i saw Bobby back when he was in a real band!
a

Gumbo72203

haha thats funny.  I know that Phish also learned Misty Mountain Hop during set break with Warren Haynes (from a Guitar World article).  im pretty sure that Page learned New York, New York during the 1st set break, taught it to the band during the 2nd setbreak, and then played it for an encore.  Pretty sure it was New York, New York.  its from the Phish Book, i can't remember exactly

mattstick

Misty Mountain Hop was debuted Toronto '99 - are you saying Warren Haynes was there too?