News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R14/W07 6-16-90 Townshend Family Park, Townshend, VT

Started by Caravan2001, January 08, 2012, 11:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

6/16/1990 Townshend Family Park

DC Bag- Upbeat Bag to get the show going and everyone sounding nice and loose.   PA issues also seem to energize Trey further in his blistering solo.   

Divided Sky- Extremely tight to say the least and pleasant on the ears despite more PA issues.    Man that was beautiful! 

Wilson- Energy is up but the recording really hurts on this one.  The whimsy seems effortless, love it.

Reba- Drool over these early versions.  Definitely not "perfect" but exciting to hear.  Short and sweet with a toned down peak and whistling!

Horn- interesting version that very quickly jumps to>>

Uncle Penn- like candy from a baby

Bouncin- yep

Timber- Page having a little fun on the intro but overall sounds flat.   Stash like tension on the solo

Lawn Boy- Page sounds so so nice

Possum- More huge tension from Trey, great and unexpected version.

Golgi- slight bumps in the composed but Trey can really bounce back, love the finish.

Esther- Audience is definitely digging it, did Trey sneeze just before Page's solo? Great interplay with Trey and Page. 

Tweezer - a little extra something in the intro.  Having a little too much fun with the vocals!  Crazy jam with everyone following Trey's lead, live the old school ending.

MSO- mixing up the set, vocals here really show how young the boys are. 

Gin - getting back to the meat, old intro before the grand.  Where's Mike?!  Short and similar to the Tweezer in terms of jam success.

YEM - Trey seems to just nail this, hard to imagine he wrote this so many years ago.   Page gets a nice tinkly organ solo that seems to bring out Mike's bass a bit.  Trey comes in nicely and pulls the whole band together for a really strong finish, and finally more Mike!

Lizards - always been a sucker and this is no exception.   

Antelope - heavy Trey shred with everyone holding on for dear life!  One of my highlights.

La Grange - caught one of these at Vernon downs.   Blistering solo and tight overall.

Yamar- birthday wishes and a needed break.  Nice work by Page, fun and loose.

Foam - slow intro and everyone seems to nail there parts, just can't hear Mike.  Near perfect, easy show highlight for me.

Oh Kee Pa- sets up >

Suzy - Page gets his moments in an era dominated by Trey. 

Fee- no megaphone?!   Sounds good to me. 

Rocky Top - it happens

Caravan - very cool and dig the placement.  Sounds different and Wedge like during intro. 

If I only had a brain - Henrietta being called out! Good stuff and rolls >

Mike's - playful intro and extremely loose from there.   Wouldn't mind hearing a better mix.

Hydrogen - as purdy as ever with a slight church feel from Page in the beginning. 

Weekapaug - Complete Trey shred whoa.  Faces melted.

Contact- this set is $$, love me some Contact although Fish sounds a little too excited.

BBFCFM - this show has everything, wonder what Todd was thinking about now?

GTBT - as nasty as one would expect.

Sickness, and especially more do your first show, hook set.  Highlights were Antelope, Weekapaug, Foam and really that third set as a whole.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong