News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/28 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, December 28, 2012, 11:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igbo

Went straight to the Wolfmans this morning. Really dug it. Kind of fitting since I was taking down Xmas decorations.

Thrillhouse

*Insert Gumbo-esque verb attack of nonsense to explain in one word what I thought about this show*

Fun
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Gumbo72203

Mike is so good.

Fish was the weakest last night, imo.  He just... I don't know; wasn't pushing.  He seems fearful of deviating or letting go of the crutch drumbeat for each jam tune.  Like in Wolfman's, he refuses to let go of its standard beat.  Same with Twist, and in Tweezer Trey was noticeably goading Fish to get a groove going when all he wanted to do was space out.  Very odd.

Edit:

This Free is awesome, I've never liked this song before.  But this one has so much... its different.  Its got soul.  I love Trey's tremolo effect he's got throughout the song.  And I love how he ditched the normal licks. 

I really feel like Trey wanted this jammed out.  I love Fish's playing at the end of the jam; it actually builds up.  This is fucking awesome.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

anthrax

i thought last night was better than any of the 4 msg shows last year.  honestly, i wasn't expecting much from this run, but last night raised the bar.  the next few nights will be hot.

mistercharlie

Like an archeologist with a shovel, I dig it.

Tube was short but rockin'. Nice work from Trey.
Wolfman's was crazy good.
SET II WAS FIRE!!!!!!!!!! 

The boys are ready to make this year go out with a bang!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gumbo72203

This might be the best 3.0 Tube.  Takers?

Listen to Mike's licks.  They're just stupid good.  And Trey finds themes RIGHT AWAY.  Its like he finally gives a crap about the song now. 

Fish on the woodblock during the jam!!!  This Tube!!!!!!  Trey wah pedal!!! 

And if you check the video, look at the lights.  Kuroda is keeping a generally-stable color pattern of red across the stage, shifting later to yellow beams out into the audience.  No bullshit LOOK AT ME I HAVE 8 MILLION THINGS I CAN DO.

I noticed this in Wolfman's too; and I can't help but see the effect its having on the music.  The band has a visual mood to latch onto.  He isn't throwing chase/peak patterns and effects everywhere over the music when its not called for.

And it really works in Wolfman's because when TREY finally pushes the music to a peak, Kuroda then FOLLOWS, like he should.  And it creates a structural separation in the music.  The two are finally in sync again.

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

anthrax

show was good however the new msg is not so good.  I miss the old set up.

DoW

gumbo,
you have 34 more hours to wait before you start talking about best anything.
don;t you have any respect for rules?

a show is good to me when you don;t need to compare anything to anything.  it is good enough on its own legs.
thjat wolfmans was so good that I didn;t need to start comparing it to anything.  I just wanted to hear it again.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Gumbo72203

You're not supposed to be in the internet.  Stop being a slacker and go tape a band, bvaz.  Jeez. 

As for the Tube, I proclaimed a proclamation as said thus proclamation due to an inherent fact that within the brain structurally-housed in an interior-like state within the cranial space allowed by my head, it got me excited in a way as in which a Tube, thus-far in the already-having-returned-to-the-stage version of Phish (duly noted per the interwebs as a three-poin toe), has insofar failed to do. 

And the Wolfman's is the best awesome 3.0 Wolfman's too.  There are other awesome 3.0 Wolfman's, but this is the best awesome one.

rowjimmy

sls.stormyrider

Very happy with this show.
I will listen to this one several times.

this is  :phish:

:music:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

tweezerfan

I so wish we could ban gumbo from this forum. Fucking child.

whatapiper

Quote from: tweezerfan on December 29, 2012, 04:53:19 PM

Whoa there, easy up and have a drink on me.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

rowjimmy

I could ban you for being an ass.
Then you wouldn't have to see his posts.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 29, 2012, 05:30:41 PM

I could ban you for being an ass.
Then you wouldn't have to see his posts.

back with a vengeance for 2013!