News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

The Machine tonight
Disco Biscuits tomorrow  :banana: :banana:
I owe Aug $20

woodsyn2o

peace
woodsy

tet

tehdead - how was The Machine?  what sort of show did they do, random PF covers or an entire album/concept (DSOTM+Alice in Wonderland) set?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Casey Lenahan

tet if you get the chance check these guys out, awesome! show. Guitar + Keys were unreal.

The Machine

Awesome show check these guys out! really tight band great guitarist and keys. got to sit front row so i had a good view, i also called out for a Fearless and got it, and i thanked the guys after the show.

setlist:
Set 1
Shine, The Machine, Brain Damage> Time> Saurcerel of Secrets , Mother, Sheep, Another Brick in the Wall
Set 2
Take it Back, Sorrow, FEARLESS, Hey You, money, Have a Cigar, One of these Days> Echos, Wish you were Here, Comfortably Numb
E:
Run Like Hell

Highlights: Shine on you Crazy Diamond was sold, Mother had a kick ass long extended jam, Sheep Brought the house down. Sorrow was a high energy into the Fearless i go them to play. Cool Have a Cigar and then a Echos and for the rest of the show i just couldn't have asked for more
I owe Aug $20

tet

oh yeah i've seen em a few times already, usually on tours that are supposed to be their last... and they keep on touring!!  they really are a VERY tight band and absolutely nail the music.  the most amazing part is the guitarist's ability to mimic Syd, Davis, and Roger, all of whom have very distinct singing styles.  this is one of those cover/tribute bands whose talent is almost on par with those they are mimicking. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

antelope19

A fried invited me to go see John Butler Trio.  Don't really know much about them and have only heard the one song they play on the radio sometimes.  But it's at a venue in B-more I've never been to.  So, I am leaning towards yes, but am still very much on the fence. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

August

Quote from: antelope19 on November 06, 2007, 05:36:31 PM
A fried invited me to go see John Butler Trio.  Don't really know much about them and have only heard the one song they play on the radio sometimes.  But it's at a venue in B-more I've never been to.  So, I am leaning towards yes, but am still very much on the fence. 

If it's a chick doing the inviting, there is no reason to think about it.
Is it a chick?
a

cleech74

Caught JBT at Jazzfest 2005.  Go see them, you won't be dissapointed.  They are good, live.

Oh, and I second what Aug said. :-D
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

antelope19

Quote from: August on November 06, 2007, 05:43:48 PM

If it's a chick doing the inviting, there is no reason to think about it.
Is it a chick?
a

I wish!  Nah, its a friend and his wife.

antelope19

Leech, I think it's at Sonar.  Ever Been?

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

cleech74

Quote from: antelope19 on November 06, 2007, 06:01:34 PM
Leech, I think it's at Sonar.  Ever Been?

Yes.  Saw RJD2 and Busdriver there.  Nothing special about the venue, it's an old warehouse.  It's not fancy, like Ramshead Live.  But it's cool.  Dark walls, think dank.  Drinks were cheap, and they have Natty Boh! :-D

Going to see Ween there, on the 23rd.   It will be the place to be in Baltimore, that night. 8-)  I've got a group of 8-10 peeps going.  There will be carnage and chaos, guaranteed. :evil:  I cannot wait for this show.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: tet on November 06, 2007, 04:08:15 PM
oh yeah i've seen em a few times already, usually on tours that are supposed to be their last... and they keep on touring!!  they really are a VERY tight band and absolutely nail the music.  the most amazing part is the guitarist's ability to mimic Syd, Davis, and Roger, all of whom have very distinct singing styles.  this is one of those cover/tribute bands whose talent is almost on par with those they are mimicking. 

O yeah, saw that through the entire show, and i love the emotion the keyboardist (Scott) puts into his playing.

Yeah its more of a fun, spiritual time kinda show  :-P
After my girlfriend and I saw them, she fell in love with them, same goes for Xavier Rudd, but he owns
I owe Aug $20

gimmetela

AESOP ROCK TONITE.
gotta get some bitters and soda to beat my massive hangover today.
none of this:  :beers: for me tonite
a lot of this:  :banana: and  :clap: and a bit of   :evil:

Caravan2001

Getting stoked to go see Ween on Monday....still a few days away, but I am pumped....big shout out to Hicks (again) for the tix....

Zappa plays Zappa is coming up too, but I forget the date.  Better find my ticket in this mess......