News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Paul McCartney at the Commons in Halifax on Saturday.
This is my 3rd time seeing him and probably the last seeing as he's hanging up the guitar after this year.
Should be a blast.  :beers:  :rawk:  :beerbang:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

fauxpaxfauxreal

gah

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on July 08, 2009, 09:54:23 AM
^^^ LUCKYYYYYYYYYY!

I'll second that...

me, debating seeing the Avett Bros tonight....also got Les Claypool in town though, but I am less likely to get hammered at the Avett Bros. so leaning that way.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Tortoise at the Mohawk in Austin next wed. Can't freakin' wait. I love those guys.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 09, 2009, 11:37:45 AM
Tortoise at the Mohawk in Austin next wed. Can't freakin' wait. I love those guys.
I was just recently introduced to their music and they're pretty rocking.  I would definitely check 'em out if they toured nearby.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 09, 2009, 11:36:53 AM

me, debating seeing the Avett Bros tonight....also got Les Claypool in town though, but I am less likely to get hammered at the Avett Bros. so leaning that way.
I would definitely pick the Avett Bros, given the choice.  Nothing against Claypool, he's a talented musician but I find he gets a little tiresome after awhile.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Phishy69 on July 09, 2009, 02:49:34 PM
I was just recently introduced to their music and they're pretty rocking.  I would definitely check 'em out if they toured nearby.

There eponymous first album was the soundtrack to a year of my college life. It's still my favorite... much subtler than all subsequent albums. You should pick it up.

This will be my 7th Tortoise show going back to 1996... They don't tour very much.

inourdr

^^^ LUCKYYYYYYYYYY!

I'll second that...

I caught the Avett Bros. at the Attucks Theatre last year...They put on a great show and the acoustics in that place are nice. I would highly recommend seeing them if you haven't already.

My next show is probably going to be Xavier Rudd. Been wanting to see him for a while but haven't had the chance.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: inourdr on July 09, 2009, 03:49:31 PM

My next show is probably going to be Xavier Rudd. Been wanting to see him for a while but haven't had the chance.

Caught Xavier Rudd at ACLFest last year - some great tunes, but the show seemed to lack flow or something. Like it just kept running out of steam.

gah

^^^ LUCKYYYYYYYYYY!

I'll second that...

I caught the Avett Bros. at the Attucks Theatre last year...They put on a great show and the acoustics in that place are nice. I would highly recommend seeing them if you haven't already.

Yeah, I got it all figured out for tonight, balcony seats at the Harrison Opera House, so you know the acoustics in there are going to be great. Did you ever see anything there? I saw a show at the Attucks when they first reopened it, beautiful little theater, 2nd row, Dar Williams (was on a date, her choice), but yeah, the sound in there was incredible.

Never seen Xavier Rudd, but that should be good.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

cleech74

Ween -Thursday, July 16th @ RamsHead Live.

Toots and the Maytals -Sunday, July 19th @ Pier Six.

Both shows are birthday presents from my g/f. :-D

If any other 'Paugers are attending either of these shows, hit me up with a pm, and we'll grab a few :beers:.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Blaise

sweet. me too.

Gonna see Luke Hess tonight then Bonobo live band Sunday. Maybe Osunlade in the afternoon, not sure though.

So much music coming up for me though. Pitchfork music festival and west fest next weekend. Wicker park music festival the weekend after. The gorge or lolla the weekend after that.

mattstick

Only 3 weeks 'til Phish opens the Red Rocks run with BDTNL...

inourdr

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 09, 2009, 04:04:50 PM
^^^ LUCKYYYYYYYYYY!

I'll second that...

Yeah, I got it all figured out for tonight, balcony seats at the Harrison Opera House, so you know the acoustics in there are going to be great. Did you ever see anything there? I saw a show at the Attucks when they first reopened it, beautiful little theater, 2nd row, Dar Williams (was on a date, her choice), but yeah, the sound in there was incredible.

Never seen Xavier Rudd, but that should be good.

You know, I never even went inside it and I worked at the Scope for 2 years. Shame on me. Anyhow, Enjoy the show!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 09, 2009, 04:01:10 PM

Caught Xavier Rudd at ACLFest last year - some great tunes, but the show seemed to lack flow or something. Like it just kept running out of steam.
I saw him Summer of 2006 and he was pretty amazing, but it could have been the atmosphere since it was a small fest in the middle of nowhere on PEI.  Nice environment, which seemed to go along with his style.  I saw him again at a club in 2007 and I felt the exact same way as PG, there was just something about his song selection or something.  Just didn't really do it for me.  I guess he can only do so much as a one piece.  Def worth checking out though if you've never seen him.