News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on June 25, 2008, 10:21:05 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 25, 2008, 10:11:27 PM
Quote from: khalpin on June 25, 2008, 07:21:24 PM
Wow!  Didn't realize there was that much interest in Yes here.  I recently uploaded an episode of "In the Studio" about Close to the Edge for a Yes message board I frequent.  It's a weekly radio show about the making of various albums.  I don't know when it originally aired, probably back in the 80s.  It's music and interviews.  Anyway, here's the link if anyone wants to give it a whirl.  Some good stuff in there:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gjxh92

and not to be annoying, but The Yes Album was actually their third album, not the first.  Although, the first two pale in comparison to TYA material and later.

Also, if anyone wants some live Yes, audio or video, let me know.  I love spreading that music.

yeah i know... i just forgot since i dont have any of my LPS anymore... but we're all sick of hearing about that so its shut up time for slim.
i used to have their entire catalog on vinyl...as well as jethro tull's as well as pink floyds as well as zeppelin as well as the stones as well as ...well you get the idea.

I'm getting the idea that you have a geezer's record collection.   :wink:

yeah back before entertainment weekly discerned the top 100. :-D
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Hicks

Quote from: VA slim on June 26, 2008, 11:03:30 AM
Quote from: Hicks on June 25, 2008, 10:21:05 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 25, 2008, 10:11:27 PM
Quote from: khalpin on June 25, 2008, 07:21:24 PM
Wow!  Didn't realize there was that much interest in Yes here.  I recently uploaded an episode of "In the Studio" about Close to the Edge for a Yes message board I frequent.  It's a weekly radio show about the making of various albums.  I don't know when it originally aired, probably back in the 80s.  It's music and interviews.  Anyway, here's the link if anyone wants to give it a whirl.  Some good stuff in there:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gjxh92

and not to be annoying, but The Yes Album was actually their third album, not the first.  Although, the first two pale in comparison to TYA material and later.

Also, if anyone wants some live Yes, audio or video, let me know.  I love spreading that music.

yeah i know... i just forgot since i dont have any of my LPS anymore... but we're all sick of hearing about that so its shut up time for slim.
i used to have their entire catalog on vinyl...as well as jethro tull's as well as pink floyds as well as zeppelin as well as the stones as well as ...well you get the idea.

I'm getting the idea that you have a geezer's record collection.   :wink:

yeah back before entertainment weekly discerned the top 100. :-D

It's not too late to pick up some Lauryn Hill and Mariah Carey vinyl!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

i got sorta bummed the other day when i was in a store and saw 36 chambers on vinyl. i wouldve snagged that baby up right away.

Hicks

Quote from: VA slim on June 26, 2008, 05:04:50 PM
i got sorta bummed the other day when i was in a store and saw 36 chambers on vinyl. i wouldve snagged that baby up right away.

So the inability to play records keeps you from buying them?  Amateur!   :wink:
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

ok, so has everyone here listened to great gig in the sky on dark side and turned it up real loud at that one point so you can hear the chick say:
"if you can hear me whispering, you are dying."?

amateurs.

Hicks

Of course, right before I spun my record backwards so I could hear the hidden message at the beginning of Empty Spaces.   :-D

Ri©h

What's up tet?  Remember me?

I'm gonna get in on this thread when I have more time.  I've been a vinyl junkie for many years.  :mrgreen:

tet

Quote from: Rich on June 27, 2008, 02:38:39 AM

I'm gonna get in on this thread when I have more time.  I've been a vinyl junkie for many years.  :mrgreen:

um, not particularly?  my memory is hazy, please illustrate...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Details, man!
We need details!

tet

whoever he is, he stole my idea for a PH1SH license plate, which was my other option a while back...

of course, we all know i ended up with a far better plate:

-Phish

Ri©h

Quote from: tet on June 27, 2008, 10:53:48 AM

Sure ya do, man.  week4paug was my old mIRC chatroom.  And my old Furthur handle was weaselfee.
tethead...   :wink:

tet

-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: Rich on June 27, 2008, 02:20:55 PM

Sure ya do, man.  week4paug was my old mIRC chatroom.  And my old Furthur handle was weaselfee.

get out!
And you don't remember me, huh?

w34ks4uc3.

:wink:

Wilkommen

Hicks

Quote from: Rich on June 27, 2008, 02:20:55 PM

weaselfee huh?  I remember you from furthur, I was ikki (and occassionally still am, but I digress) back then.  I think I remember you calling guyforget for setlists after the shows in Aug 04. 

mattstick

How did you guys forget Rich/Fee/weaselfee ??

Bunch of burnouts around here!