News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer Tour 2019

Started by emay, January 09, 2019, 03:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: jasonsobel on January 09, 2019, 10:49:44 PM
the Bangor, ME shows will be the first Phish shows in New England since July 9, 2016.

Is that so? Hadn't noticed... :frustrated:

But what a show that was!

I thought it was even smaller, but Mohegan's capacity is 10K. Seems like that will be a tough ticket, no?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Hicks

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 09, 2019, 09:14:43 PM
Quote from: Hicks on January 09, 2019, 09:02:03 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on January 09, 2019, 07:46:11 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 09, 2019, 03:34:05 PM
Feeling uninspired by these dates.

Me too. Three closest shows (Blossom, Alpine and Bonnaroo) are all 5 hour drives away.  I just figured out that MO is actually the closest show to me at a 4 hour drive.

#PhishDeerCreek2020

Breaking news, guy with no kids can't be bothered to drive 4-5 hours to see his supposed favorite band.   :roll:

This is the closest Phish has played to me since 2013 (at the same venue - 5 hrs)

Since 10/7/00 Phish has only played closer than five hours to me in 2014 and 2015 and those were two and three hour drives respectively.   
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Dates are killing me. Colorado is so far, Wont know if I'll be available for anything until we book some stuff, might actually hit up boat cruise guy in Bangor now that I think about it. Dude had some of the best acid ever. Freaked me the f out.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on January 10, 2019, 12:23:20 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 09, 2019, 09:14:43 PM

Me too. Three closest shows (Blossom, Alpine and Bonnaroo) are all 5 hour drives away.  I just figured out that MO is actually the closest show to me at a 4 hour drive.

#PhishDeerCreek2020

Breaking news, guy with no kids can't be bothered to drive 4-5 hours to see his supposed favorite band.   :roll:

This is the closest Phish has played to me since 2013 (at the same venue - 5 hrs)

Since 10/7/00 Phish has only played closer than five hours to me in 2014 and 2015 and those were two and three hour drives respectively.   

Yeah, I guess I got spoiled by 1.0 and 2.0. Indiana was a lock for every summer tour back then. From '93-'04 (minus '01 & '02), they played here every year.

I would even be willing to make one of the drives this year, except my co-woker is pregnant and once she has the baby (due in the end on May), I'll be working both of our jobs and pulling 60-70 hour work weeks until her maternity leave ends. It would be tough for me to take off weekdays for the MO or OH shows. And I just plain don't want to go to Bonnaroo.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 10, 2019, 03:10:16 AM
Dates are killing me. Colorado is so far, Wont know if I'll be available for anything until we book some stuff, might actually hit up boat cruise guy in Bangor now that I think about it. Dude had some of the best acid ever. Freaked me the f out.

If the boat cruise thing happens again, myself and a few other nutjobs would be down to join.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

tet

ok well that's interesting... lots of "local" shows.  none of them present an opportunity for a luxury box, however, so my wife's interest is limited... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 10, 2019, 10:57:23 AM

If the boat cruise thing happens again, myself and a few other nutjobs would be down to join.

Count me in as one of the nutjobs.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on January 10, 2019, 12:26:35 PM

Looking forward to kicking it with ya again Paul.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gainesvillegreen

#PhishDeerCreek2020

:-D

I was thinking the same thing. The habits of the childless are a mystery to me  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
However, as much as I think St Louis is a great city with plenty to see and do, tour openers with this band anymore are a huge gamble in terms of quality of the music played. If these were the 10th and 11th shows of the tour, then sure, I can see it, but not the openers. I understand his trepidation from that standpoint.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 10, 2019, 12:45:31 PM

Hell yeah Aaron!  You thinking you'd just drive down for Bangor, or would you also participate in the Fenway Mohegan shenanigans?

Caravan2001

Quote from: tet on January 10, 2019, 12:11:42 PM
ok well that's interesting... lots of "local" shows.  none of them present an opportunity for a luxury box, however, so my wife's interest is limited...

SPAC has boxes and Camden does as well (https://www.suitehop.com/bb-and-t-pavilion-suites).  There are a few options to keep the poors at bay.

tet

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 10, 2019, 01:43:01 PM
Quote from: tet on January 10, 2019, 12:11:42 PM

SPAC has boxes and Camden does as well (https://www.suitehop.com/bb-and-t-pavilion-suites).  There are a few options to keep the poors at bay.

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

alcoholandcoffeebeans

I was hoping for Deer Creek, too... but Dead and Co are there the same Wednesday Phish is in St. Louis.

gal pal that adventured to the Curveball fiasco with me just moved out there... looks like I'm doing 2 nights in the 'lou instead of Dead/Deer Creek... that may be all I can swing; doubt Cuyahoga is doable if St. Louis works out.

:beers:
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on January 10, 2019, 01:36:44 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 10, 2019, 12:45:31 PM

Hell yeah Aaron!  You thinking you'd just drive down for Bangor, or would you also participate in the Fenway Mohegan shenanigans?

I've always wanted to go to Fenway but I'm thinking this is a one venue trip this time.
I almost had the fam convinced to come down and make a summer vacation out of it but it's also nice to be travelling unfettered.
The same buddy (firefighter) that came with me to Worcester 13 is in tow this trip too.

VDB

I don't usually say this, but thank god for Charlotte.
Is this still Wombat?