News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

BCS Football Discussions Enter Here *

Started by ucusty, November 10, 2006, 03:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

atleast Florida should play michigan for the right to play ohio state

gainesvillegreen

If I only had school spirit, I could SO contribute to this thread given Florida's placement!

As it were, I only went there because of the warm weather  :-D

ucusty

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on December 04, 2006, 04:20:50 PM
If I only had school spirit, I could SO contribute to this thread given Florida's placement!

As it were, I only went there because of the warm weather  :-D

the girls at fsu, uf, and um are smoking....  wearing bikinis to class and what have you.  i couldnt handle that

guyforget

Quote from: guyforget on December 04, 2006, 01:13:49 AM
The worst flaw of this system is that Notre Dame got a BCS bid.  THATS whats most fucked here.  LSU is going to manhandle Notre Dame.

ND didnt deserve to be where they were and they proved it. 

ND may = $$ but it doesnt mean theyre any good.

ND Tradition = losing bowl games they had no place playing in

OVER RATED!!!
-AD_

jedifunk

yeah, fuck ND... if there were ever a team that was perpetually overrated, it would without question or hesitation be ND...

so they were good like 60 years ago.... who gives a fuck now.

they should have been playing in the sandlot bowl or equivalent this year... but instead they take away a BCS spot & BCS $$ from several more deserving teams.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

ucusty

i know,  i wanted nd to play a crap bowl they might of won, they dont have the speed or defense yet to compete with the better schools.  Guy dont forget WV only won by 3 to a team that suspended the starting qb before the bowl game!  LSU could probly beat ohio st. it was a horrible matchup for nd and a match made in heaven for LSU and louisana.
The first step: ND and weis need to take is fire Rick Minter the defensive cordinater.  His defenses have given up 1200+ plus total yards in the last 2 bowl games which is unacceptable

The next step: is to schedule some tougher oppenents. duke, unc, airforce, army, navy arent helping them prepare the best teams

last step: keep recruting speed

guy-did wv fire bobby bowden back in the day?

ucusty

Quote from: jedifunk on January 04, 2007, 02:13:03 PM
yeah, fuck ND... if there were ever a team that was perpetually overrated, it would without question or hesitation be ND...

so they were good like 60 years ago.... who gives a fuck now.

they should have been playing in the sandlot bowl or equivalent this year... but instead they take away a BCS spot & BCS $$ from several more deserving teams.

check my avatar

ucusty

we did win 12 championships 60 years ago
:beers:

guyforget

Quote from: ucusty on January 04, 2007, 02:18:58 PM
Guy dont forget WV only won by 3 to a team that suspended the starting qb before the bowl game! 

guy-did wv fire bobby bowden back in the day?

Ask anyone who watched GA Tech this year and theyll tell you that Ball never played as well as Bennett.  Bennett came into almost half of GA Tech's games during the regular season, so its not like they stuck a Freshman out there w/ only one pass attempt under his belt.  Many GA Tech fans believe Bennett was the better QB all year, and were not disappointed to see Ball benched for the Gator Bowl. 

Bowden was an assistant at FSU before he took over the WVU head job for 6 seasons before returning to FSU to become head coach.  WVU did not fire him, he resigned when he took the FSU job.  He took WVU to the Peach Bowl twice in 6 years.  He has won 2 Nat'l Championships @ FSU in 31 years, with one undefeated season.  In the same period of time WVU has had 2 undefeated seasons, but lost in 2 Nat'l Championship games.  Bowden should have retired from FSU when Nehlen retired from WVU - he's too old, and this season he actually had to watch his own son be forced out from being FSU's offensive coordinator.  Hardly a position to be jealous of, IMO.  Plus, FSU blew this season.

None of this has shit to do with Notre Dame being over-rated and constantly fluffed by the ridiculous media.  Even last night as they got their asses handed to them (LSU could have easily scored 60 on them, that INT over-rule was ridiculous - the ball never touched the ground) they were still on their knees for Quinn and Weiss, which is a total joke.  ND has had top 10 recruiting classes for the last few years and have amounted to diddly shit every single one of them. 

Weiss = over rated; he could learn a thing or two from Pete Carroll, thats for sure. 

Quinn may be a big NFL prospect, but hey, so were Rex Grossman, and Eli Manning.
-AD_

jedifunk

Quote from: ucusty on January 04, 2007, 02:24:03 PM
we did win 12 championships 60 years ago
:beers:

see your avatar for my response... history doesnt win championships, just relives it
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

Quote from: guyforget on January 04, 2007, 03:24:17 PM
Weiss = over rated; he could learn a thing or two from Pete Carroll, thats for sure. 

Quinn may be a big NFL prospect, but hey, so were Rex Grossman, and Eli Manning.

agree about weis....

and about quinn too... and then think about someone like drew brees, who wasnt a top prospect, but is lightyears better than most QBs that are highly rated.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Quote from: jedifunk on January 04, 2007, 04:04:21 PM
agree about weis....

and about quinn too... and then think about someone like drew brees, who wasnt a top prospect, but is lightyears better than most QBs that are highly rated.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.  Brees was a top prospect.  He was the second QB taken in the 2001 draft, and was a heisman finalist. 

From Wikipedia:

Brees was drafted by the San Diego Chargers with the first pick in the second round (32nd overall) in 2001. Brees was the second quarterback selected (behind Michael Vick) and San Diego's second selection of 2001, after San Diego traded the first overall pick to Atlanta Falcons for the 5th overall pick, which they used to select LaDainian Tomlinson. This particular draft is notable for San Diego and Brees. Firstly, San Diego forfeited the opportunity to select Michael Vick in favor of Tomlinson, despite the fact that the quarterback position was the more pressing one. It was expected that the Miami Dolphins or Detroit Lions would select Brees in the first round, however both teams allowed Brees to slip to the second round, where San Diego happily drafted the QB. Additionally, the draft was significant for Brees because, while Brees was a senior at Purdue and attending the Heisman awards ceremony with the then TCU runningback Tomlinson, the two joked about how it would be great if they could be on the same team because they attended nearby highschools in Texas and even played with each other in a league all star game. Evidently as it turned out they did end up on the same team. During the draft, Tomlinson and Brees greeted each other and made a vow to turn the Chargers team around. [1]. He played in his first-career game on November 4, 2001, against the Kansas City Chiefs. Brees won the starting job over Doug Flutie during training camp before the start of the 2002 season, but was later replaced during the 2003 season by Flutie.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

susep

I think ND football is over-hyped because it stems from that multi-million dollar deal they signed w/ NBC back in the day when they had the Rocket and other big guns.  

Another reason why the BCS should dissolve and allow the NCAA to create a definitive playoff.

antelope19

Umm, 9 straight Bowl game losses for ND.  A new college football record.  They haven;t won since Holtz was their coach.  Could this be the curse of Lou Holtz developing?  I sure hope so.  F Notre Dame!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

guyforget

Seriously, 9 straight, and 4 or 5 of those were BCS bowls.  Its a scam that they keep geeting put in these big games, that they get huge checks for losing, and dont have to split the $$ w/ the rest of their conference like the rest of NCAA Football does.

Its no wonder that everyone who didnt grow up a ND fan hates on them so much....
-AD_