News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

09/02 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, September 03, 2011, 02:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 04, 2011, 01:28:25 AM
Dude, i don't give a shit what underwear Trey puts on anymore, because with them having tossed down the shit in UIC night 1, Trey could pick his nose with a broken plastic fork and put it on a platter, record the resonant frequency of said booger, and then reproduce via his Boomerang and I would tip him for having done so, even if my eggs were quite undercooked.

So, the point is: we have our band back. 
:clap:
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

rowjimmy

Listening to set 2 in the car yesterday and, as I'm singing along to Sanity, my 3y/old son announces, "This is my favorite song."

McGrupp

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 04, 2011, 07:48:16 AM
Listening to set 2 in the car yesterday and, as I'm singing along to Sanity, my 3y/old son announces, "This is my favorite song."

Ha! That's hilarious.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Caravan2001

Quote from: G. Augusto on September 03, 2011, 03:56:06 PM
Meh.
This one wasn't really that tight.
Good thing they had a gimmick to roll with!

I dont have the energy to the debate the tightness of this show, but let's get one thing straight: it wasn't a gimmick, it was a tribute...

G. Augusto

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 04, 2011, 12:25:08 PM
Meh.

I dont have the energy to the debate the tightness of this show, but let's get one thing straight: it wasn't a gimmick, it was a tribute...

I get that and I can appreciate it.
Aside from that aspect, the show didn't do anything for me.

Caravan2001

Quote from: G. Augusto on September 04, 2011, 02:35:52 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 04, 2011, 12:25:08 PM
Meh.

I get that and I can appreciate it.
Aside from that aspect, the show didn't do anything for me.

Fair enough...

G. Augusto

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

zimbra

So glad I got that Sweet Virginia.  I had been chasing sloth and sanity all summer and finally got both of them!  I had a blast during this show I kept saying to my gf the whole time "This S thing is really fucking with me"  Very glad they played the stand alone simple instead of our normal 3.0 M>S>W like I am used to hearing.  When the second set started off the place exploded! -7>Suzy>Scents was the fucking   :rawk:

During this show I loved every minute of it, I have yet to relisten and it may stay that way.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

SSSSSSSSSSSS
cant believe they chose CO1 to bust this type of show out. The energy in my group was high but the people around us seemed to be oblivious to what was going on. I still loved this show. Was so stoked that did a letter show though. The Sally is hot stuff! Then the Sand > Simple is some sweet. Soul Shakedown > slave is so awesome, some of my fav  :phish:.

Gundo

This second set was by far my favorite set of the run. Sand, Simple, and Steam were great IMO. Mike was fuckin killin it!  :rawk: SPARKS :rawk: Seven Below. Suzy. Sanity. Two stones covers. SSSSSHhhhhitE!