News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2012-2013

Started by antelope19, February 21, 2012, 10:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 26, 2012, 04:04:37 PM
Quote from: phil on April 26, 2012, 03:57:48 PM
They killed the Pro Bowl when they moved it to before the Super Bowl

This.

Actually, the move to that Sunday was a last ditch effort to save the Pro-Bowl. They figured with the Superbowl still to come, people would still be focused on football so much that they'd actually watch. That theory proved horribly wrong, of course. Week before or week after - doesn't matter. It's a shitty game with no compelling reason to watch.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

phil

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 26, 2012, 04:07:36 PM

This.

Actually, the move to that Sunday was a last ditch effort to save the Pro-Bowl. They figured with the Superbowl still to come, people would still be focused on football so much that they'd actually watch. That theory proved horribly wrong, of course. Week before or week after - doesn't matter. It's a shitty game with no compelling reason to watch.

When I was little I used to love the Pro Bowl, it signified the last time I'd get to see football until August
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: phil on April 26, 2012, 04:09:16 PM

This.

When I was little I used to love the Pro Bowl, it signified the last time I'd get to see football until August

Yeah, but that was when you didn't have a bunch of whiny pussies running around refusing to tackle people. Now it looks like a goddamned girls flag football game.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

phil

Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 26, 2012, 04:16:42 PM

This.

Yeah, but that was when you didn't have a bunch of whiny pussies running around refusing to tackle people. Now it looks like a goddamned girls flag football game.

Truth. I also liked it when Redskins players were involved.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

antelope19

You mean like when Sean Taylor killed the punter from the bills?

If you haven't watched that hit in a while, you should go to youtube Right now
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

runawayjimbo

Quote from: phil on April 26, 2012, 04:21:18 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on April 26, 2012, 04:16:42 PM

This.

Truth. I also liked it when Redskins players were involved.

Redskins? In the Pro Bowl? Doesn't ring a bell.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

runawayjimbo

Quote from: antelope19 on April 26, 2012, 05:14:48 PM
Dream Team, lol.

What's even funnier is that no matter how bad the Eagles are, I know we are guaranteed 2 wins every year when we play the Skins.

Speaking of the Dream Team, I forgot to mention they traded Asante Samuel to the Falcons for a 7th rd pick. Hard to believe they couldn't get more than that for him, but good fucking riddance. I definitely won't miss watching him dive at people's knees every week.

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

barnesy305

Quote from: antelope19 on April 26, 2012, 04:48:37 PM

Just watched it. During the replay they air the Japanese broadcast audio, they go nuts.

phil

Quote from: antelope19 on April 26, 2012, 04:48:37 PM

I'm surprised Roger Goodell hasn't posthumously fined him for that hit.

zimbra

Dallas decided to trade up to pick #6 from #14 to get the dumbest yet maybe the most dangerous secondary player in the draft.......  :?
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

phil

Quote from: zimbra on April 27, 2012, 05:49:14 PM
Dallas decided to trade up to pick #6 from #14 to get the dumbest yet maybe the most dangerous secondary player in the draft.......  :?

Sloppy seconds. DC dumped that hoe.

Superfreakie

I'm really loving that the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl this year.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 28, 2012, 01:35:21 AM
I'm really loving that the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl this year.

Lulz.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul