News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by Buffalo Budd, December 31, 2013, 07:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

Looking forward to hearing some parts of this one.
I've been pretty much on my death bed the last few days with a stomach virus.
Not good.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

rowjimmy

antelope19

Quote from: aphineday on December 31, 2013, 11:20:22 AM
Looking forward to hearing some parts of this one.
I've been pretty much on my death bed the last few days with a stomach virus.
Not good.

Get well soon!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

cactusfan

gin and wombat were nice in the first set.

chalkdust was very enjoyable to start the second, and then everything after that was pretty bland. simple was kinda pretty, i suppose, but i was really bored by the end of the show. not even a surprise extra song in first tube could help.

WhatstheUse?

Nothing specifically pulled me in tonight but it was a decent show.

Wasn't really getting into the chalk dust personally, not sure why.

Really liked wombat and was psyched at the new arrangement. Jam far surpaced The AC version. I could see this song going places.

Overall, better than night 1... Not as good as night 2.
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Heavy things, botched punch, sample, jibboo was a real buzz kill for me last night.  2nd set had some good moments, but for the most part it just didn't do it for me.

rowjimmy

Gumbo72203

omg this KDF!!!!   Its like 1.0 Trey!  Patient, smooth.  Holy crap.  Who knew?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 31, 2013, 03:54:01 PM
I enjoyed that Jibboo with my coffee this morning.

Of what I heard, this is what caught my attention the most.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Gumbo72203

WOOWWWWWWWWWWW GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HOLY FUCK BALLS!!!!

The whammy coolnesss!  Peak!!!  FUCK!!!!!!  Trey!!!!!

Dude this Ghost!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG.   That's the best peak of the weekend, IMO.  I fucking loved that, holy fucking god damn ass-shit. 

For those who wish to be intrigued before listening, Trey discovers this whammy lick that reminds me of the theme to the 9/27/00 Piper, or something kind of like the end of the 7/22/03 Gumbo, where he's doing complete note bends as part of the lick.  its SO cool.

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Weekapaug is legit too!!!  Yeah Trey!!!!  Real guitar playings!!!!!

tet

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on January 01, 2014, 11:06:43 AM
WOOWWWWWWWWWWW GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HOLY FUCK BALLS!!!!

The whammy coolnesss!  Peak!!!  FUCK!!!!!!  Trey!!!!!

Dude this Ghost!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG.   That's the best peak of the weekend, IMO.  I fucking loved that, holy fucking god damn ass-shit. 

For those who wish to be intrigued before listening, Trey discovers this whammy lick that reminds me of the theme to the 9/27/00 Piper, or something kind of like the end of the 7/22/03 Gumbo, where he's doing complete note bends as part of the lick.  its SO cool.

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mehead

Giving the 2nd set a proper listen to this morning.  This CDT does nothing for me   :tte:
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

tet

Quote from: mehead on January 02, 2014, 11:34:28 AM
Giving the 2nd set a proper listen to this morning.  This CDT does nothing for me   :tte:

I'm tending to agree, wasn't my favorite part of the show.

My personal favorites were KDF, Lawn Boy, Jibboo, Ghost, and Slave.  Still a very enjoyable time and tons of energy everywhere - they were really having fun out there!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

anthrax

Quote from: mehead on January 02, 2014, 11:34:28 AM

upon relistening, i agree.  this chalkdust took forever to get going.  it gets pretty rad at 14:40, but that's pretty short lived. 

mike's>devotion should be illegal, but the ghost>week more than makes up for it.