News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 29, 2012, 09:16:17 AM
Quote from: natronzero on March 28, 2012, 04:11:11 PM
Father arrested for girl's picture of toy gun

QuoteOn Friday, Sansone said his name has been slandered by the incident. He said he was upset with how all the authorities involved handled it.

No shit.  :shakehead:

So wait, are handguns illegal in Canada?

That's fucked up, right there.
You'd think they'd have to execute a warrant and produce the gun before they could arrest a guy.

runawayjimbo

QuoteOn Friday, Sansone said his name has been slandered by the incident. He said he was upset with how all the authorities involved handled it.

Very. Didn't you see Bowling for Columbine?

That reminds me of this cute little story where a store in Brooklyn is being forced out of business for selling a gun that looks too real.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/fake_gun_fine_unreal_fdcYUeshHyvth4maEHXrpM

The gun in question looked like this:
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

My son has that exact same pistol, and cuffs.
His set came with a short shotgun, too.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 29, 2012, 02:29:16 PM

sawed-off?  sweet.

McGrupp

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 29, 2012, 02:29:16 PM

virginia'd
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 29, 2012, 02:28:11 PM

Very. Didn't you see Bowling for Columbine?

That reminds me of this cute little story where a store in Brooklyn is being forced out of business for selling a gun that looks too real.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/brooklyn/fake_gun_fine_unreal_fdcYUeshHyvth4maEHXrpM

The gun in question looked like this:

I thought the whole point of the orange barrel plug was to make toy guns look unrealistic. Guess NYC says that's not good enough?
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

http://wilcoworld.net/the-whole-love-now-available-on-piano-roll/

Answering the call from octogenarian fans and audiophiles worldwide, Wilco have finally released their Grammy-nominated 2011 album The Whole Love on piano roll. In partnership with Player Piano Store Day (PPSD) 2012, each 30-gram, onion-paper pressing of The Whole Love has been hand-punched in Munich and will be available April 31. "Wilco pride themselves on authenticity and a respect of the American musical tradition, so what better way to honor that heritage than to listen to The Whole Love on a barely functioning piano in a dusty antique store," writes Chief Wilco Strategist Lucy Lillabee. "Besides, these things cost like $1 to make, and hipsters are going to eat this shit up." All proceeds from piano roll sales will be donated to ChicagoBase, an Illinois non-profit that will come clean out your grandmother's basement if you want.

natronzero

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 01, 2012, 08:53:22 AM
http://wilcoworld.net/the-whole-love-now-available-on-piano-roll/

Answering the call from octogenarian fans and audiophiles worldwide, Wilco have finally released their Grammy-nominated 2011 album The Whole Love on piano roll. In partnership with Player Piano Store Day (PPSD) 2012, each 30-gram, onion-paper pressing of The Whole Love has been hand-punched in Munich and will be available April 31. "Wilco pride themselves on authenticity and a respect of the American musical tradition, so what better way to honor that heritage than to listen to The Whole Love on a barely functioning piano in a dusty antique store," writes Chief Wilco Strategist Lucy Lillabee. "Besides, these things cost like $1 to make, and hipsters are going to eat this shit up." All proceeds from piano roll sales will be donated to ChicagoBase, an Illinois non-profit that will come clean out your grandmother's basement if you want.

Lol.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

runawayjimbo

This Miss Canada contestant is pretty hot:

FOR A DUDE!!!!!!!

The next time The Donald does something stupid (which likely will be very soon), remember that he does get it right once in a while.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/04/03/canadian-transgender-model-may-get-clearance-to-compete-in-miss-universe/#ixzz1qzRTVb6q

NEW YORK –  The transgender model booted from Miss Universe Canada will be able to compete in the beauty pageant after all, as long as she meets certain gender recognition requirements, the Miss Universe Organization said in a statement Monday.

Jenna Talackova was disqualified last month because she did not meet pageant requirements.

"The Miss Universe Organization will allow Jenna Talackova to compete in the 2012 Miss Universe Canada pageant provided she meets the legal gender recognition requirements of Canada, and the standards established by other international competitions," the organization said in a brief statement.

The New York-based organization did not specify which other competitions' standards Talackova would have to meet, leaving her entry up in the air ahead of next month's beauty pageant.

Talackova, 23, was born as a male, but has identified as a female since the age of four. She began hormone therapy at 14 and underwent gender reassignment surgery at 19, according to a 2010 interview posted on YouTube.

Her story attracted worldwide attention last week after she received the backing of more than 25,000 people who signed an online petition calling for her to be reinstated as a contestant.

Monday's statement from the Miss Universe Organization superseded an earlier statement from Miss Universe Canada, which said Talackova was eliminated as a finalist "because she did not meet the requirements to compete despite having stated otherwise on her entry form."

At the time, the national director of Miss Universe Canada told CTV that each contestant must be a "naturally born female."
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

kellerb

gah

Quote from: kellerb on April 03, 2012, 10:33:43 PM
so confused right now.

I know what you mean. This is definitely going to set me back a few visits with the therapist.  :-(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Quote from: goodabouthood on April 03, 2012, 10:39:08 PM
so confused right now.

I know what you mean. This is definitely going to set me back a few visits with the therapist.  :-(

Oh does she have a cock too?

Lifeboy

Quote from: kellerb on April 03, 2012, 10:51:58 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on April 03, 2012, 10:39:08 PM
so confused right now.

Oh does she have a cock too?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mbw

No confusion here, i would fuck the hell outta that dude.