News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Boy Meets World - Shawn Hunter: Deadhead

Started by Gumbo72203, September 13, 2012, 09:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

So, I get up in the morning to watch Boy Meets World.  Yeah, its awesome.

The last episode on was "The Fugitive" when Shawn blows up the mailbox with a cherry bomb.  In the last scene, there is this:

Winning!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

barnesy305

I don't know if I would call portraying the show's juvenile delinquent as a deadhead as winning.

mistercharlie

My younger sister used to watch that show. If I remember right the only reason to watch it was that I thought Topanga was hot, but looking back I don't really find her hot anymore. She's kinda got a big face.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

I guess there are some people who missed the memo about using the term "winning"... it means you're probably about a year behind on a bad pop culture joke that should have died quickly.

Also, you watch TV in the morning?
Also, you watch Boy Meets World?

VDB

Quote from: barnesy305 on September 13, 2012, 09:50:58 AM
I don't know if I would call portraying the show's juvenile delinquent as a deadhead as winning.

Ha.

Could just be a t-shirt the costume designer saw at a thrift store and figured was something a young hooligan would wear.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on September 13, 2012, 10:00:47 AM
I guess there are some people who missed the memo about using the term "winning"... it means you're probably about a year behind on a bad pop culture joke that should have died quickly.

Also, you watch TV in the morning?
Also, you watch Boy Meets World?

stick'd

Not only does he watch TV in the morning, but apparently Boy Meets World is the only thing that gets him out of bed.

Also, I heard that the kid on Two and a Half Men is into Panic, tiger blood!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

I say winning all the time myself; I never really noticed other people using it lol. 

I think you guys are reading too much into it; if the show wanted Shawn as a Deadhead, there probably would be a ton of other sightings but this one is the only time I think it happened. 

Matt, yeah I watch TV in the morning because I'm currently at home studying/training for the licensing exams to be an Edward Jones Financial Advisor.  I passed my Series 7 Securities Licensing exam yesterday, and tomorrow I begin studying for the Series 66 Insurance Licensing exam. 

And yes, I watch Boy Meets World.  It rules.  You know that.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VDB

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 13, 2012, 10:00:33 AM
My younger sister used to watch that show. If I remember right the only reason to watch it was that I thought Topanga was hot, but looking back I don't really find her hot anymore. She's kinda got a big face.

Yeah, and what the hell kind of name is "Topanga" anyway?
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

I just can't imagine a world where I would wake up in the morning and immediately queue up a 90s(?) pre-teen TV comedy on YouTube, then tell people on the internet that I did that.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on September 13, 2012, 10:13:49 AM

I just can't imagine a world where I would wake up in the morning and immediately queue up a 90s(?) pre-teen TV comedy on YouTube, then tell people on the internet that I did that.

This.

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 13, 2012, 10:14:40 AM

This.
Clearly, you don't remember life before adulthood. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: sophist on September 13, 2012, 10:19:27 AM

This.

Youtube didn't exist then.

Also, less internets.

mattstick

Quote from: sophist on September 13, 2012, 10:19:27 AM

But he's studying to be a financial advisor!

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 13, 2012, 10:09:48 AM
currently at home studying/training for the licensing exams to be an Edward Jones Financial Advisor.  I passed my Series 7 Securities Licensing exam yesterday, and tomorrow I begin studying for the Series 66 Insurance Licensing exam. 

I sure hope my Financial Advisor doesn't watch Boy Meets World in the morning.

Wolfmansbrother

Topanga was not hot. Boy Meets World still kicks ass.

gah

This.

I want the last 30 seconds of my life back. I'm fairly certain this needs to be nominated for worst thread of 2012, and ranking it top 5 of all time wouldn't be a stretch.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.