News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jimi Hendrix Thread

Started by susep, September 30, 2006, 06:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

On my to list for next Summer.

http://handelhendrix.org/learn/about-hendrix/

About Hendrix
Jimi Hendrix at 23 Brook Street
Jimi Hendrix sitting in 23 Brook Street

Jimi Hendrix in his 23 Brook Street flat © Barrie Wentzell

Brought to London by manager Chas Chandler in September 1966, Jimi Hendrix quickly established a reputation as a spectacular live performer, based on an intensive period of playing in London clubs, as well as venues across the UK, often delivering more than one set per night. The success of his first two single releases, Hey Joe (December 1966) and Purple Haze (March 1967), and his first album with the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Are You Experienced? (May 1967), coupled with the reputation established by his UK shows, led to fame; ensuring that when he returned to play shows in the USA, only nine months after he had arrived in London, he was already a European star.

After spending much of 1968 recording and touring in the USA, Hendrix returned to London, moving into an upstairs flat in 23 Brook Street which his then girlfriend Kathy Etchingham had rented for them that summer.

Kathy had completely furnished the flat with their joint possessions and new purchases, including curtains and carpets from John Lewis on Oxford Street.

For Hendrix, Brook Street was the doorstep to the London music scene of the late 60s.

For the next three months Hendrix used the flat as his base, giving interviews there, writing new songs, and preparing for his February concerts at the Royal Albert Hall. On learning that Handel used to live next door he went with Kathy to the One Stop Record Shop in South Molton Street and bought some classical albums – including Handel's Messiah and Water Music.

For Hendrix, Brook Street was the doorstep to the London music scene of the late 60s. His flat was a short stroll from legendary venues like the Marquee, the Speakeasy and The Scotch of St James and he would spend many evenings wandering from club to club looking for a chance to play.

On 14 September 1997, 23 Brook Street was chosen for an English Heritage Blue Plaque commemorating his life and work. It is the only officially recognised Hendrix residence in the world.

Handel House opened in November 2001 and the Hendrix Flat is due to open on Wednesday 10 February 2016.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Bump!

Best sounding boot of this gig imo.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Superconcert '70' Deutschlandhalle, Berlin, Germany 9/4/70

Quote1. Straight Ahead
2. Spanish Castle Magic
3. Sunshine Of Your Love
4. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)
5. Message To Love
6. Machine Gun
7. Purple Haze
8. Red House
9. Foxy Lady
10. Ezy Rider
11. Hey Joe
12. Power Of Soul
13. Lover Man
Twitter | FB | Instagram

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for posting Mopper.
WTF is up with the whistling fans?
I would be so pissed if I was beside someone whistling through the majority of Red House.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 09, 2018, 12:43:57 PM
Thanks for posting Mopper.
WTF is up with the whistling fans?
I would be so pissed if I was beside someone whistling through the majority of Red House.

I read somewhere that the show started late. Which is mo real excuse for those strung-out Germans to act like assholes.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

My so found this for me. Weird compilation with questionable picks. But hey, my inner completist likes it.

https://www.discogs.com/Jimi-Hendrix-Collection/release/2040441

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mattstick

Collection +75min is not a great album name.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram