News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/07 - Comcast Center - Mansfield, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by aphineday, June 07, 2011, 11:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster Nutbag

Also I would like to add that I'm not super pissed at Trey for not being able to play the way he used too, I love Trey as a person, and he is someone that has brought me so many good times in life as a stated above, I'm just really thankful and proud of him for pulling himself together and not going down the sameway that Jerry did, which really, really, really sucked!!!
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

DoW

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on June 08, 2011, 06:43:17 PM
Also I would like to add that I'm not super pissed at Trey for not being able to play the way he used too, I love Trey as a person, and he is someone that has brought me so many good times in life as a stated above, I'm just really thankful and proud of him for pulling himself together and not going down the sameway that Jerry did, which really, really, really sucked!!!
I completely get what you are saying.
but I respect their musical abilities.  I don't necessarily respect their life decisions.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: bvaz on June 08, 2011, 07:04:19 PM
but I respect their musical abilities.  I don't necessarily respect their life decisions.

Oh!! I know that, and did not mean to imply that I did respect all their life decisions, but at the same time there aren't to many people who I can say that I do respect all their life decisions, I certainly don't respect all of mine. Although I can say that some of Trey's decisions have transformed my life in a way that I'm really thankful for, which is more than I can say for most of the people that I have been in contact with throughout my life. 
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

DoW

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on June 08, 2011, 07:10:44 PM
Quote from: bvaz on June 08, 2011, 07:04:19 PM

Oh!! I know that, and did not mean to imply that I did respect all their life decisions, but at the same time there aren't to many people who I can say that I do respect all their life decisions, I certainly don't respect all of mine. Although I can say that some of Trey's decisions have transformed my life in a way that I'm really thankful for, which is more than I can say for most of the people that I have been in contact with throughout my life.
I gotcha.  it's all good.  I am glad he turned himself around.
I'm glad we can all see the road he was leading down and not wanting to go there.
he really seems happier and that makes me happy.  not just him.  the whole band.

Undermind

Quote from: bvaz on June 08, 2011, 05:52:23 PM
Quote from: Undermind on June 08, 2011, 05:24:42 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 08, 2011, 05:22:58 PM
Were you in/near the taping section?

right next to it, towards page's side of the sbd.  Great place to see a show.  The sound was phenomenal.  I talked to Jason for awhile, but didn't catch up with bvaz.
sorry.  once I knew you were there I knew lights would be soon and I had to sett he levels for the first set.
then at setbreak, I didn't see you.  you were probably talking to jason   :frustrated:
I'll need to make it up to port city one night this summer or one of those shows on the pier in portland.

Yeah I wanted to come by at set break, but went to get a beer and take a piss and by the time I got back to our seats the 2nd set had started.  My bad.  Let me know if and when you are coming up!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

DoW

Quote from: Undermind on June 08, 2011, 07:23:33 PM
Quote from: bvaz on June 08, 2011, 05:52:23 PM
Quote from: Undermind on June 08, 2011, 05:24:42 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 08, 2011, 05:22:58 PM
Were you in/near the taping section?

right next to it, towards page's side of the sbd.  Great place to see a show.  The sound was phenomenal.  I talked to Jason for awhile, but didn't catch up with bvaz.
sorry.  once I knew you were there I knew lights would be soon and I had to sett he levels for the first set.
then at setbreak, I didn't see you.  you were probably talking to jason   :frustrated:
I'll need to make it up to port city one night this summer or one of those shows on the pier in portland.

Yeah I wanted to come by at set break, but went to get a beer and take a piss and by the time I got back to our seats the 2nd set had started.  My bad.  Let me know if and when you are coming up!
I'll look.  definitely will let you know.  I barely got to talk to jason and a few other tapers as well.  I was sort of segregated last night.  talked the most to a guy that patched out of my rig that I met last night.

eta:  I have no motivation  to transfer this and it sounds good too.  going to take me all night.

props to jason and 3 other tapers that transferred already.  and basically the ones who haven't are on their way to darien.  I just suck at life.

fauxpaxfauxreal

gah

I enjoyed reading this thread. The faux v. faux discussion was amusing hicks. IN any case, just finished listening to this, and thought it was a decent show. Nothing stood out as particularly worth relistening to, although I'd like to hear Rhymes a couple more times. Def dug the meatstick teases in antelope and suzy. Also, liked the pebbles and marbles coming out, first time this tour, I believe. On to 06/08....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

aphineday

Yeah, just finishing up Mango. The only thing that has really stood out to me is the Rock & Roll jam. I would have enjoyed this show if I was there for damn sure.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...