News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

[weather-tangential thread jack]
We had unseasonable cold in VT over the holiday. Lost power on Thanksgiving for about an hour right after dark, just as I was starting to plate the food. Luckily my old man had a stash of shabbos candles on hand... but somehow they started getting distributed around the house, burning, on fucking pieces of cardboard. Gonna have to talk to my folks about basic safety. I'm one more incident from suggesting that we need to pay someone to be there with them when I'm not.[/tj]
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

antelope19

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 26, 2018, 10:01:17 PM
We had unseasonable cold in VT over the holiday. Lost power on Thanksgiving for about an hour right after dark, just as I was starting to plate the food. Luckily my old man had a stash of shabbos candles on hand... but somehow they started getting distributed around the house, burning, on fucking pieces of cardboard. Gonna have to talk to my folks about basic safety. I'm one more incident from suggesting that we need to pay someone to be there with them when I'm not.[/tj]

:-o

Yeah, that's def eye-opening.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

Been super cold here too lately.

Denver got two snows already
The mtns have been getting slammed. Couple slopes opened early.
I drove back from Vegas with a friend and got to Eagle, CO like 20-30 miles west of Vail and it was white out conditions. They closed the Vail pass around 1030 and we didn't make it time slept at my friends spot in Vail village for the night. Woke up it was still pounding. They got like 6-8 inches between those two days wish I could have stayed to hit the slopes.

Buffalo Budd

I don't remember the last time we got solid snow like this by mid Nov.
The hills should be open by first week of December.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

yikes
we've had a ton of rain here (my least favorite weather is 40 deg and rainy) but nothing like what you guys have had to deal with.

good luck sunrise - taking care of parents is not fun
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gah

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 26, 2018, 10:01:17 PM

ooooph! aging parents...that def sounds like it could've ended badly.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

kellerb

Quote from: slslbs on November 27, 2018, 11:40:10 AM
yikes
we've had a ton of rain here (my least favorite weather is 40 deg and rainy) but nothing like what you guys have had to deal with.

good luck sunrise - taking care of parents is not fun

On the other hand, 50ish Fahrenheit and rainy is perfect 'Driving around listening to Use Your Illusion II' weather.

antelope19

It got down to 39 overnight.

People here are freaking the fuck out! It's hilarious. :-o

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mehead

Quote from: antelope19 on November 28, 2018, 05:00:45 PM

Give yourself a couple of years for your body to adjust. You'll be freezing your ass off when its in the 60's.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

ph92

Quote from: mehead on November 28, 2018, 05:38:36 PM

Give yourself a couple of years for your body to adjust. You'll be freezing your ass off when its in the 60's.
I have still not gotten used to this Florida weather. It was 37 when I woke up and didn't get much over 45 during the day. And I'm regretting wearing pants, my employees are all bundled up!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mehead

Quote from: ph92 on November 28, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

I have still not gotten used to this Florida weather. It was 37 when I woke up and didn't get much over 45 during the day. And I'm regretting wearing pants, my employees are all bundled up!

I moved from Maine to Georgia 3 years ago. Below 60 and I'm freaking cold. Below 50 is just ridiculous.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

ph92

Quote from: mehead on November 28, 2018, 06:04:52 PM
Quote from: ph92 on November 28, 2018, 05:53:19 PM

I moved from Maine to Georgia 3 years ago. Below 60 and I'm freaking cold. Below 50 is just ridiculous.
But see I'm young... I'm also fat, so there's that.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

sunrisevt

North Carolina when it snowed was fucking hilarious to this Vermonter. And a little scary.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

kellerb

Still waiting for the first real snow in Indiana, i.e. the day each year when they wipe everyone's minds and no one remembers how to drive.

anthrax

Quote from: kellerb on December 01, 2018, 10:24:58 AM
Still waiting for the first real snow in Indiana, i.e. the day each year when they wipe everyone's minds and no one remembers how to drive.

love that day!