News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Show Attended?

Started by cactusfan, November 03, 2006, 01:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: gah on April 16, 2015, 10:47:23 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 14, 2015, 10:57:26 PM
Just got back from Corea/Hancock at Massey Hall and holy shit, that blew my mind.
I grabbed a last minute release of upper balcony tickets and I would have paid 4 times that to see what I just witnessed.

glad you enjoyed it!

WhatstheUse?

Saw Corea/Herbie as well on Sunday at the Boston Symphony. Completely agree -- shit was absolutely mind blowing. I really can't see anyone walking away from that and feeling differently. Those two guys are absolute masters of their craft. 

That night was also Herbie's 75th BIRTHDAY! Dude looked and sounded as great as ever.
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 16, 2015, 12:43:58 PM
Saw Corea/Herbie as well on Sunday at the Boston Symphony. Completely agree -- shit was absolutely mind blowing. I really can't see anyone walking away from that and feeling differently. Those two guys are absolute masters of their craft. 

That night was also Herbie's 75th BIRTHDAY! Dude looked and sounded as great as ever.

review and photo's of that show here:

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/124685/Review-and-Photos-Herbie-Hancock-and-Chick-Corea-Boston
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on April 14, 2015, 10:57:26 PM
Just got back from Corea/Hancock at Massey Hall and holy shit, that blew my mind.
I grabbed a last minute release of upper balcony tickets and I would have paid 4 times that to see what I just witnessed.

I'll do the same for the TO show...

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/2015/04/15/herbie-hancock-and-chick-corea-delight-massey-hall-with-improvisation-fuelled-concert.html
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Glossy Jesus RSD 2015 in-store. On my way to another shop for the next one.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

Bob Dylan tonight at Bass Concert Hall. It was last minute and the ticket was free. But I am so glad I went. Perhaps the best Dylan show I've ever seen. He was in fine form. Sang really really well for him. Played a baby grand that was actually high in the mix and he played it really well.

Crowd was insanely quiet and respectful. Like a symphony audience, honestly. Beautiful show all around.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PGLHAH on May 07, 2015, 01:06:20 AM
Bob Dylan tonight at Bass Concert Hall. It was last minute and the ticket was free. But I am so glad I went. Perhaps the best Dylan show I've ever seen. He was in fine form. Sang really really well for him. Played a baby grand that was actually high in the mix and he played it really well.

Crowd was insanely quiet and respectful. Like a symphony audience, honestly. Beautiful show all around.

It's great to hear he can still put on a good show. The last time I saw him in 2008, it was pretty bad.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Just got back from an awesome Nick Cave gig in The Hague.

Holy fucking shit. He was on fire for 2,5 hours straight.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

jam>

Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 16, 2015, 07:25:17 PM

Love that dude. I really need to see him perform live.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: jam> on May 16, 2015, 11:07:49 PM

You should. Here's the setlist:

QuoteWater's Edge
The Weeping Song
Red Right Hand
Brompton Oratory
Higgs Boson Blues
Mermaids
The Ship Song
From Her to Eternity
Stranger Than Kindness
Love Letter
Into My Arms
West Country Girl
Tupelo
Black Hair
The Mercy Seat
Jubilee Street
Encore:
Babe, You Turn Me On
We No Who U R
Up Jumped the Devil
And No More Shall We Part
I Let Love In
Jack the Ripper
Push the Sky Away

Twitter | FB | Instagram

shoreline99

Jane's Addiction
5/19/15

THE Capitol Theatre, Port Chester NY

Up the Beach
Ocean Size
Had a Dad
Ted, Just Admit It...
Standing in the Shower... Thinking
Summertime Rolls
Mountain Song
Idiots Rule
Jane Says
Pigs in Zen
Been Caught Stealing

Encore:
Three Days
Stop!

Doors at 7, opener at 8, Perry didn't hit the stage until just before 10. Good thing we grabbed beers and dinner at the beer hall next door and skipped the opener. They played for an hour and 20 minutes, and I don't think Perry and Navarro even looked at each other on stage more than once. They sounded great though, crowd was into it.

Followed by a high five by a bombed Peter Shapiro on the way out.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mopper_smurf

Primus killed it last night at the Tivoli in Utrecht.

"Charlie" set was great and trippy. No need for chemicals to get into the groove.

Huge mosh during this one (except the dead beats up front.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

emay

Mr. Natural

Quote from: jam> on May 16, 2015, 11:07:49 PM

That band can make a full-size thunderclap indoors. Amazing.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

fastfingers12

Got to see Sharon Jones and Tedeschi Trucks band last night. It was at an outdoor venue and it rained the whole time, but it was an awesome show!
That's a hundred nineteen to you and me