News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

You'd think they'd be happy to have people stay there and sleep off their intoxications rather than immediately getting into their cars and driving away.
Is this still Wombat?

Bobafett

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 21, 2016, 11:06:45 AM
Quote from: anthrax on May 21, 2016, 10:08:23 AM
...and the cops are going to be all over those campgrounds.  i'm pretty over alpine at this point.

yeah, something tells me it won't quite be the Alpine free-for-all camping that I heard about in the 80's/90's...

I doubt I'll ever go back.  They were busting people selling grilled cheese for fucks sake.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

zimbra

Quote from: Bobafett on May 22, 2016, 01:37:34 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 21, 2016, 11:06:45 AM
Quote from: anthrax on May 21, 2016, 10:08:23 AM
...and the cops are going to be all over those campgrounds.  i'm pretty over alpine at this point.

yeah, something tells me it won't quite be the Alpine free-for-all camping that I heard about in the 80's/90's...

I doubt I'll ever go back.  They were busting people selling grilled cheese for fucks sake.

Not the grilled cheese! Anything but the grilled cheese!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Lifeboy

I'm sure none of you have heard about it, but I didn't know where else to post it.

This happened in my hometown  :frustrated:

http://kfor.com/2016/06/02/oklahoma-sheriff-arrested-for-bribery/

This is the same sheriff who urged the citizens to arm themselves in this embarrassing letter

http://www.snopes.com/county-sheriff-urges-arming/

Ardmore, Oklahoma, ladies and gentlemen
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on July 15, 2016, 10:15:23 AM
Bonnaroo ticket sales drop by 28,000, hitting all-time low

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/07/14/bonnaroos-ticket-sales-plummet-28000/87003736/

saw this - not surprised. There are so many options for your festi dollar these days. Phish can't even pull more than about 45K to festivals that used to draw 80K.

For 'roo it's all about line-up, I think. They swung and missed this year. I don't doubt they'll do better next year.

That said, part of me thinks the sellout to LiveNation is part of the problem. Independent they could book whoever would be a draw and they were very successful. LiveNation is gonna push LN acts first and foremost. That could be a big part of the problem.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

That's some fine management, right there. Sharp shooting every step of the way.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 25, 2016, 03:05:14 PM

zimbra

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 25, 2016, 03:05:14 PM

Good management is hard to come by. Just ask Yahoo.... Marissa is quite a looker in board meetings though.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

Buffalo Budd

I just heard about this today, sounds like a very cool weekend...

http://michelbergermusic.com/

WE'RE PUTTING A WEEKEND FULL OF MUSIC TOGETHER, INVITING OUR FRIENDS FROM ALONG THE WAY. IT'S ABOUT NEW MATERIAL, COLLABORATIONS, UNIQUE ARRANGEMENTS AND DISSOLVING BORDERS
JOIN US IN BERLIN AT FUNKHAUS
THE HISTORICAL RADIO RECORDING
STUDIOS OF THE FORMER GDR
1-2 OCTOBER, 2016
80 ARTISTS. CONFIRMED SO FAR

ALL THE ARTISTS WILL SPEND A WEEK TOGETHER HERE IN BERLIN, WORKING, REHEARSING AND TRYING NEW THINGS IN THE SPACES WHERE THE SHOWS WILL TAKE PLACE
THIS IS A NOT-FOR-PROFIT, ONE-OFF GATHERING OF ARTISTS. THEY ALL CONTRIBUTE FREE OF FEES. TICKET PRICE REFLECT PRODUCTION COSTS. THERE ARE NO SPONSORS OR COMMERCIAL INTERESTS

IT'S BEEN BROUGHT TOGETHER BY:
AARON DESSNER
S T A R G A Z E
BRANDON REID
BRYCE DESSNER
JUSTIN VERNON
MICHELBERGERS
RYAN OLSON
VINCENT MOON

anthrax

http://liveforlivemusic.com/news/game-of-thrones-announces-orchestral-immersive-experience-tour-in-us

'Game Of Thrones' Announces Orchestral Immersive Experience Tour In U.S.

QuoteGame Of Thrones fans, get ready, because you're about to experience the series like never before.

A brand new tour has just been announced, promising "an immersive music and visual experience that will bring the Seven Kingdoms to life on a scale never seen before. Using state-of-the-art technology, Game of Thrones composer Ramin Djawadi, along with a full orchestra and choir, will take fans on a musical journey through the realm – from King's Landing to Winterfell, along the northern stretches of the Kingsroad to The Wall and across the Narrow Sea to Braavos, Meereen and beyond."

To accompany the music, the tour will feature footage from the show, as well as unique footage designed just for this tour. The tour itself hits 28 cities, spanning from February 15th through April 2nd of next year.

"For seven years, Ramin has been blowing our mind with his music's force, subtlety, and endless inventiveness, said Thrones executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss in a statement. "The GoT Concert Experience will be unique in the history of concert tours, an eye-popping, ear-splitting, phantasmagoric blend of the show's visuals and Ramin's powerful compositions. We are more excited for it than anyone."

"For the past six seasons of Game of Thrones, I have been tremendously inspired to compose music to David Benioff's and D.B. Weiss' extraordinary adaption of George R.R. Martin's epic 'A Song of Fire and Ice' series," says Ramin Djawadi. "Now, by combining the music with state of the art technology, we are going to bring the astonishing world of Westeros to fans in a live and unique concert experience.

Buffalo Budd