News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Baker's Dozen - 07/21 - 08/06/17

Started by runawayjimbo, January 31, 2017, 10:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

So maybe the boys got around 1.5 million each in their pockets from ticket sales?

Not bad considering they got to sleep in their own beds every night. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on September 07, 2017, 01:32:09 PM
So maybe the boys got around 1.5 million each in their pockets from ticket sales?

Not bad at all.

Do you think they get a % of the ticket sales money or do you think its more just a flat rate for each show for the band, no matter what the ticket sales are.

Hicks

Quote from: emay on September 07, 2017, 02:21:56 PM

Not bad at all.

Do you think they get a % of the ticket sales money or do you think its more just a flat rate for each show for the band, no matter what the ticket sales are.

They probably got an upfront guarantee, but the suits probably also had a very good idea of what the gross would end up being. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Nedstruzz

Quote from: Hicks on September 07, 2017, 02:35:21 PM

Not bad at all.

They probably got an upfront guarantee, but the suits probably also had a very good idea of what the gross would end up being.

Yeah they get an upfront guarantee and the promoter which in this case is Madison Square Garden takes the risk. 

But yes MSG Presents knows what they will get back.  Keep in mind most of their take is venue rental, concessions sales.  Most ticket cost goes to covering the band guarantee. 

jam>

Quote from: Nedstruzz on September 18, 2017, 01:13:05 PM

Not bad at all.

Yeah they get an upfront guarantee and the promoter which in this case is Madison Square Garden takes the risk. 

But yes MSG Presents knows what they will get back.  Keep in mind most of their take is venue rental, concessions sales.  Most ticket cost goes to covering the band guarantee.

Interesting... And Phish fans drink lots of beer.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: jam> on September 18, 2017, 03:45:25 PM

Not bad at all.

What are you trying to say? What? You think I have a problem or something? Who are you to say that?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 18, 2017, 03:53:06 PM

Not bad at all.

What are you trying to say? What? You think I have a problem or something? Who are you to say that?

I think your current avatar says it all.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 18, 2017, 05:07:24 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 18, 2017, 03:53:06 PM

Not bad at all.

I think your current avatar says it all.

He's not a golfer?

WhatstheUse?

I was thinking about this today....

As bummed as I feel that I didn't get to experience, say, The Great Went, 20 years ago...

I'm gonna look back at the Baker's Dozen, 20 years from now, and feel even more grateful than I did bummed that I was apart of it.

This band is still doing things and we're all lucky to be alive in the same time-frame as them!

:phish:
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 18, 2017, 09:27:34 PM
I was thinking about this today....

As bummed as I feel that I didn't get to experience, say, The Great Went, 20 years ago...

I'm gonna look back at the Baker's Dozen, 20 years from now, and feel even more grateful than I did bummed that I was apart of it.

This band is still doing things and we're all lucky to be alive in the same time-frame as them!

:phish:

:wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu:

mbw

Thats a nice sentiment Scott, but don't forget....you were not at The Great Went.

pcr3

Quote from: mbw on September 18, 2017, 09:40:29 PM
Thats a nice sentiment Scott, but don't forget....you were not at The Great Went.

:-D
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3