News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

HBO GO

Started by VDB, February 13, 2013, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

I haven't really gotten much use out of this app so far, mostly because I don't usually like watching long-form videos on a phone/computer/tablet screen.

Well, hopefully that's all about to change since HBO GO now supports AirPlay via Apple TV. Praise jesus! Can't wait to try it out.

Confession: I've never watched The Wire, or Treme, because I didn't get in at the start of those series. And the episode selection of On Demand is never very good. So now, hopefully, I can check that shit out.
Is this still Wombat?

gainesvillegreen

I have enjoyed watching the app on my iPad Retina display much more than I thought I would.
If you can stand subtitles, don't sleep on Profugos (Chile - drug running) or Epitafios (Argentina - serial killer) in the Latin America series section.

Wish they had a few more of their (American) series available, but all in all can't complain.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

UncleEbinezer

We watch HBO GO quite a bit through the Google TV.  They have a much better movie selection than on demand and then all of the older shows is a huge bonus.  I still check on the Sopranos regularly.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 13, 2013, 11:12:12 AM
We watch HBO GO quite a bit through the Google TV.  They have a much better movie selection than on demand and then all of the older shows is a huge bonus.  I still check on the Sopranos regularly.

Yeah, having all of Deadwood at fingers length is awesome.

PIE-GUY

Dude, that's great news!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

I watched the first episode of Bored to Death last night. It was OK -- amusing if not LOL. With the backlog I have of other shows and movies, not sure if I'll continue this. Anyone else watch this show?
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on February 14, 2013, 12:32:44 PM
I watched the first episode of Bored to Death last night. It was OK -- amusing if not LOL. With the backlog I have of other shows and movies, not sure if I'll continue this. Anyone else watch this show?

I watched the first three then dropped it from the DVR list. Wasn't doing it for me.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WillBreathes

Definitely check out the Witness episodes under the Documentary tab.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

kellerb

Quote from: PG on February 14, 2013, 12:38:09 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on February 14, 2013, 12:32:44 PM

I watched the first three then dropped it from the DVR list. Wasn't doing it for me.

So it's not just a clever name

WillBreathes

And where is Carnivale?

barnesy305

ytowndan

Quote from: barnesy305 on February 14, 2013, 10:40:57 PM
Quote from: WillBreathes on February 14, 2013, 10:28:24 PM
And where is Carnivale?

Loved that show.

HBO really fucked them over.  Shows get cancelled all the time.  I get that.  But had HBO told them they were cancelled before that second season finale aired, they could have taken out the last few seconds and it would have been a decent ending for the series.  Five minutes in an editing room. . . that's all HBO had to give them. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: ytowndan on February 15, 2013, 12:44:23 AM
And where is Carnivale?

Loved that show.

HBO really fucked them over.  Shows get cancelled all the time.  I get that.  But had HBO told them they were cancelled before that second season finale aired, they could have taken out the last few seconds and it would have been a decent ending for the series.  Five minutes in an editing room. . . that's all HBO had to give them.

Same with Deadwood.
If you want to go hunting for it, I believe the writer/creator of Carnivale has published the entire arc of the story for Carnivale on the internet. I haven't read it, but I believe it circulates. I also believe there is a vibrant message board community for that show too.

Carnivale is definitely a gaping hole in the selection within the app.

barnesy305

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on February 15, 2013, 11:32:48 AM
Quote from: ytowndan on February 15, 2013, 12:44:23 AM
And where is Carnivale?

Loved that show.

Same with Deadwood.
If you want to go hunting for it, I believe the writer/creator of Carnivale has published the entire arc of the story for Carnivale on the internet. I haven't read it, but I believe it circulates. I also believe there is a vibrant message board community for that show too.

Carnivale is definitely a gaping hole in the selection within the app.

There is a link to that document from the Wikipedia page. Sucks, I loved that show.

WillBreathes

Put on Tales From the Crypt too.