News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 14, 2012, 01:22:11 AM
First Tube

whole story is BS First Tube wasn't debuted until 1999 even I know that

mattstick

PIE-GUY

Quote from: blatboom on September 14, 2012, 11:08:45 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on September 14, 2012, 01:22:11 AM
First Tube

whole story is BS First Tube wasn't debuted until 1999 even I know that

I can't tell if you're being serious.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

PIE-GUY

Ok... Had he started the sentence with "the" it would have made more sense..

The first Tube ever played was played the night in question. Does that clarify?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

Quote from: sophist on September 14, 2012, 10:59:55 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on September 14, 2012, 10:45:14 AM
Quote from: sophist on September 14, 2012, 09:46:21 AM
Really?  The vibe is different in every room.  That's one of those subtle nuances I love about arriving in the show spun.  You instantly pick up energy I otherwise think you wouldn't.  Especially in a bigger venue.  I really like the insanity feeling that follows for me as I walk into a big arena or shed.

Are you trying to tell me how acid and musical environments work together? Lulz.

......but seriously n00b, do you have any idea how many concerts I have seen on acid. Good Lord, I did the late punk skate scene (prior to your Green Day days  :wink: ), so Pixies, Ramones, JFA, DOA, etc.... Then the Rock and Roll metal re-birth with Guns and Roses which bled into the West Coast grunge scene, during which I was funding money to host raves, of which I attended hundreds. And all this while hitting jam band shows and letting that love grow. Oh and I nearly forgot the hundreds of jazz shows I have seen. Basically, all I did for 15 years solid was drop acid and see music.

Come back and see me in ten years and let me know if you remember the vibe at Merriweather Post in 2009 I believe it was.  :tte:     
No.  I'm not trying to tell you how a drug works.  But thanks for getting your panties in a wad, and all defensive. 

I was sincerely asking if you don't remember what the vibe was like the wetlands when you walked in or most rooms, especially the first time you visited the room.  That's all.  And I'm not saying you should remember every moment either.  I think certain ones do stand out.  And with me, and this is just particular to me (so no need to get all high and fucking mighty like you just did), I tend to remember that more.  So that is all I was asking.  It was specific to you, and not a general conversation of how drugs work.

lulz, sarcasm and ribbing.....you understand it.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sophist

apparently, not. 

::goes back to learning::
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on September 14, 2012, 08:53:51 AM
That's way cooler than Darien Lake, 12 years ago today.

I've generally found that people who were on the lawn hated that show, people under the roof thought it was cool.  In retrospect it's everything that I dislike about Fall 2000, but the Reba is good times.

Weirdest choice for a Live Phish release?

I remember reading something around the time of its release where Trey (?) had said, we picked this one because it has the coolest Carini ever... we don't know if the rest of the show is good, but we like the Carini.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 14, 2012, 11:14:14 AM
Ok... Had he started the sentence with "the" it would have made more sense..

The first Tube ever played was played the night in question. Does that clarify?

Clarification = no fun
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

natronzero

Quote from: mattstick on September 14, 2012, 08:53:51 AM
That's way cooler than Darien Lake, 12 years ago today.

I've generally found that people who were on the lawn hated that show, people under the roof thought it was cool.  In retrospect it's everything that I dislike about Fall 2000, but the Reba is good times.

Weirdest choice for a Live Phish release?

I'd probably put it at #3 or so, after Camden 99 and Alpine 00.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

sophist

blatboom

yeah so just a sarcasm meter tune-up for you buddy

blatboom

Alpine 00 is the biggest head scratcher for me by far. I like 9/14/00 up until the end of Crosseyed then it falls off a cliff

rowjimmy