News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: natronzero on September 24, 2012, 11:47:31 AM
My last Phish show..
QuoteSeptember 24, 1999
Austin, TX (USA)
South Park Meadows

Set 1: First Tube > Punch You In the Eye, Farmhouse, Water in the Sky, The Moma Dance, Down with Disease, Roggae, Back on the Train, Guyute, Loving Cup

Set 2: Peaches en Regalia > Possum, Wolfman's Brother -> The Lizards, Sand -> Misty Mountain Hop

Encore: Boogie On Reggae Woman > Chalk Dust Torture

A moment of silence for Southpark Meadows, please.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

17 years ago yesterday was my phanniversary, and I walked there from where I was living at the time!  I was in complete and total awe of what was taking place on the stage this night.  At one point, the girl I went to the show with asked me if I was alright.  I literally stood there with my mouth open, not moving, not talking, for the first hour at least.  It is absolutely amazing to think of the impact this single event has had on my life.

Sunday, 10/22/1995
Assembly Hall, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL
Set 1: AC/DC Bag, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, The Sloth, Runaway Jim, Weigh > NICU, Fast Enough for You, It's Ice > Poor Heart > Sample in a Jar, I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome[1], Stash
Set 2: Golgi Apparatus, Possum -> Catapult, The Curtain > Tweezer -> Makisupa Policeman -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Life on Mars?, Uncle Pen, Slave to the Traffic Light > Cavern
Encore: Sweet Adeline, The Squirming Coil

[1] Acoustic.

Notes: I'm Blue I'm Lonesome was performed acoustic and Stash was preceded by a Simpsons signal. During Adeline the band kept rotating the direction they were facing to sing to the entire crowd.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I thought it was a lovely story... And you tell it so well.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 23, 2012, 09:56:57 PM
I thought it was a lovely story... And you tell it so well.

I liked the part where the girl showed up.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

birdman

Hey birdman,

According to what you entered at Phish.net, today is the 20th anniversary of your first Phish show! To help you reminisce about the 20 long years since walking into Boston Garden in 1992, we invite you to visit http://phi.sh/921030 for the setlist and download links.

Friday, 10/30/1992
Boston Garden, Boston, MA
Set 1: Runaway Jim, Maze, Bouncing Around the Room, Rift > Cavern > Vacuum Solo > Cavern, The Squirming Coil > Stash, Sweet Adeline, You Enjoy Myself
Notes: This show was a New Music concert sponsored by WBCN in Boston and included The Levelers, Material Issue, Michael Penn, The Spin Doctors, and a comedy troupe that was booed off stage before their time expired as the impatient crowd clamored for Phish. After Cavern, Trey said that it was his childhood dream to play for the Boston Bruins and this (performing at the Boston Garden) was as close as he would ever get. YEM was preceded by a Simpsons signal.

Long, Strange trip since that night
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on October 30, 2012, 12:31:38 PM
Hey birdman,

According to what you entered at Phish.net, today is the 20th anniversary of your first Phish show! To help you reminisce about the 20 long years since walking into Boston Garden in 1992, we invite you to visit http://phi.sh/921030 for the setlist and download links.

Friday, 10/30/1992
Set 1: Runaway Jim, Maze, Bouncing Around the Room, Rift > Cavern > Vacuum Solo > Cavern, The Squirming Coil > Stash, Sweet Adeline, You Enjoy Myself
Notes: This show was a New Music concert sponsored by WBCN in Boston and included The Levelers, Material Issue, Michael Penn, The Spin Doctors, and a comedy troupe that was booed off stage before their time expired as the impatient crowd clamored for Phish. After Cavern, Trey said that it was his childhood dream to play for the Boston Bruins and this (performing at the Boston Garden) was as close as he would ever get. YEM was preceded by a Simpsons signal.

Noob alert!!

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 30, 2012, 12:36:39 PM
Quote from: birdman on October 30, 2012, 12:31:38 PM
Hey birdman,

Friday, 10/30/1992

Noob alert!!

Which, it should be noted, isn't nearly as exciting as a Boob alert.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

BM is an old fart!!!

Cool first show.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 30, 2012, 01:55:21 PM
BM is an old fart!!!

Cool first show.

Bunch of us old farts in this place...

Also, I think it's funny that BM and I both sat through a Spin Doctors set to see our first Phish shows.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 30, 2012, 03:14:49 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 30, 2012, 01:55:21 PM
BM is an old fart!!!

Cool first show.

Bunch of us old farts in this place...

Also, I think it's funny that BM and I both sat through a Spin Doctors set to see our first Phish shows.

Yeah, you guys aren't too much older than me actually and I used to like the SD back in the 90s.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

gainesvillegreen

Totally spaced my first show was this week 17 years ago:

Sunday
11/12/1995
O'Connell Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Set 1: My Friend, My Friend, Llama, Bouncing Around the Room, Guelah Papyrus, Reba[1], I Didn't Know, Taste That Surrounds, If I Could, Split Open and Melt, Hello My Baby
Set 2: The Curtain > Tweezer > Keyboard Army, Sample in a Jar > Slave to the Traffic Light, Hold Your Head Up > Cracklin' Rosie > Hold Your Head Up, Possum[2] > Tweezer Reprise
Encore: Fire
[1] No whistling.
[2] Simpsons signal and Dixie, Woody Woodpecker theme, and Johnny B. Goode teases.
Notes: Reba did not have the whistling ending. Possum contained a Simpsons signal as well as Dixie, Woody Woodpecker theme, and Johnny B. Goode teases.

It gets missed with Atlanta directly before, and Orlando directly after, but it is all Fall 1995 goodness.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Augustus

Most of us still look the same.