News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

15 years ago I caught my first of 2 fall '97 shows.  Personal highlight was the Mike's Groove.  Also my first Ghost...

Tuesday, 12/02/1997
CoreStates Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA
Set 1: Buried Alive > Down with Disease[1] -> Makisupa Policeman, Chalk Dust Torture, Ghost > Divided Sky, Dirt > Taste, The Star Spangled Banner
Set 2: Mike's Song -> Simple[2] -> Dog Faced Boy -> Ya Mar[3] -> Weekapaug Groove, Bouncing Around the Room, Character Zero
Encore: Ginseng Sullivan > Sample in a Jar
[1] Unfinished.
[2] Trey/Page musical duet.
[3] Fun play on the actual lyrics and a Crosseyed and Painless tease.
Notes: Disease was unfinished. Simple featured a Trey/Page musical duet. Ya Mar included a fun play on the actual lyrics and a Crosseyed and Painless tease. Dog Faced Boy was played for the first time since August 12, 1996 (109 shows).
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

antelope19

I can't believe my first show was 15 years ago this month! Fu** I'm old!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Superfreakie

Quote from: antelope19 on December 02, 2012, 01:21:48 PM

Brother, wait till you pass two decades......then you'll feel old. Interestingly, the cute hippie chicks stay the same age.

On that note, during set break I usually play "spot the hottest chick in the venue" (as I'm generally having trouble composing sentences). Well, the third night of SPAC this summer, in front of BM, PG and myself, had to have been the hottest chick I have ever seen at a Phish show. Leather Indiana Jones hat, super long straight brown hair, what looked like jeans with chaps, upper arm shoulder tat, California tan. I was fucking mesmerized; virgin face but everything about her screamed bad, bad, girl. If I had had a camera, and naturally been able to operate one, I would not have shied away from asking her for a picture.   

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

birdman

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 02, 2012, 02:03:41 PM

Brother, wait till you pass two decades......then you'll feel old. Interestingly, the cute hippie chicks stay the same age.

On that note, during set break I usually play "spot the hottest chick in the venue" (as I'm generally having trouble composing sentences). Well, the third night of SPAC this summer, in front of BM, PG and myself, had to have been the hottest chick I have ever seen at a Phish show. Leather Indiana Jones hat, super long straight brown hair, what looked like jeans with chaps, upper arm shoulder tat, California tan. I was fucking mesmerized; virgin face but everything about her screamed bad, bad, girl. If I had had a camera, and naturally been able to operate one, I would not have shied away from asking her for a picture.   
Creep.
NYE has two set breaks btw. Lots of time for perusing the talent. Be there!
Paug FTMFW!

natronzero

Hard to believe it's been 15 years!
My 3rd show, good Ohio friends, microdots and the most snow I'd ever seen in my life up to that point (which wasn't really that much).
I remember being shocked at how many people around me didn't know "the song after Wolfman's brother".   :-o  Although listening to the recordings now, you can tell the majority of the crowd picks up on it right away.
Also, I don't know why it never shows up in show notes, but there are unmistakable Boogie On teases from Page during the jam in Tube proper.

QuoteSunday, 12/07/1997
Ervin J. Nutter Center, Wright State University, Dayton, OH

Set 1: AC/DC Bag -> Psycho Killer[1] -> Jesus Just Left Chicago[2], My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own > It's Ice -> Swept Away > Steep > It's Ice > Theme From the Bottom, Tube, Tube Jam -> Slave to the Traffic Light

Set 2: Timber (Jerry) > Wolfman's Brother -> Boogie On Reggae Woman > Reba[3], Guyute > Possum[4]

Encore: A Day in the Life

[1] Unfinished.
[2] Rocky Mountain Way tease.
[3] No whistling.
[4] "Charge!" teases.

Performers: Trey Anastasio, Page McConnell, Jon Fishman, Mike Gordon

Notes: Psycho Killer was unfinished. JJLC included a Rocky Mountain Way tease. The jam after Tube was basically a Tube Reprise without the lyrics. Boogie On Reggae Woman was played for the first time since September 13, 1988 (988 shows). Reba did not have the whistling ending. Possum included "Charge!" teases.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

VA $l!m

great visual you created here... mmmmmm
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VA $l!m on December 07, 2012, 01:19:28 PM

great visual you created here... mmmmmm

pretty sure the whole thing was a "visual" his mind created for him. I have no recollection if this.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

Quote from: natronzero on December 07, 2012, 10:55:29 AM
Hard to believe it's been 15 years!
My 3rd show, good Ohio friends, microdots and the most snow I'd ever seen in my life up to that point (which wasn't really that much).
I remember being shocked at how many people around me didn't know "the song after Wolfman's brother".   :-o  Although listening to the recordings now, you can tell the majority of the crowd picks up on it right away.
Also, I don't know why it never shows up in show notes, but there are unmistakable Boogie On teases from Page during the jam in Tube proper.

QuoteSunday, 12/07/1997
Ervin J. Nutter Center, Wright State University, Dayton, OH

Set 1: AC/DC Bag -> Psycho Killer[1] -> Jesus Just Left Chicago[2], My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own > It's Ice -> Swept Away > Steep > It's Ice > Theme From the Bottom, Tube, Tube Jam -> Slave to the Traffic Light

Set 2: Timber (Jerry) > Wolfman's Brother -> Boogie On Reggae Woman > Reba[3], Guyute > Possum[4]

Encore: A Day in the Life

[1] Unfinished.
[2] Rocky Mountain Way tease.
[3] No whistling.
[4] "Charge!" teases.

Performers: Trey Anastasio, Page McConnell, Jon Fishman, Mike Gordon

Notes: Psycho Killer was unfinished. JJLC included a Rocky Mountain Way tease. The jam after Tube was basically a Tube Reprise without the lyrics. Boogie On Reggae Woman was played for the first time since September 13, 1988 (988 shows). Reba did not have the whistling ending. Possum included "Charge!" teases.

We did the 12/6 Saturday and 12/7 Sunday run from college.  The details are very fuzzy from 12/6, but I remember 12/7 like it was yesterday.  What a night!  The venue was a really sweet venue for Phish at the time.  It was way smaller than the Palace the night before.  And I'll never forget how it seemed as though every single person in that place was experiencing the exact same emotions as Phish blew our minds.  The energy created from the beginning of this first set was truly something special.

Nedstruzz

17 years ago today.

Was a junior in high school and drove from Portland, Maine.  Gave my first miracle ticket to some dude and it snowed about a foot when we were in the show. 

Great show.

Saturday, 12/09/1995
Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY

Set 1: Maze, ThemeTheme From the Bottom > NICU > Sloth> Rift, Bouncin'Bouncing Around the Room, Free, Billy Breathes, Dog Faced Boy, Chalk Dust Torture

Set 2: Timber (Jerry), Wilson[1] > Gumbo, You Enjoy Myself[2], Lawn Boy, Slave to the Traffic Light > Crossroads, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Loving Cup

[1] Quotes from talking Beavis and Butthead doll.
[2] Silent jam and theme from Shaft quote. Vocal jam featured quotes from talking Beavis and Butthead doll.

Albany YEM -- 12.09.95

jasonsobel

sing me back home before I die

emay

was listening to 12/11/97 today for the 15th year anniversary. Rowdy show. Great show.  :music:

khalpin

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on December 11, 2012, 10:39:18 PM
was listening to 12/11/97 today for the 15th year anniversary. Rowdy show. Great show.  :music:

pcr3

17 years ago was that awesome Disease from Providence.  I still don't remember how I got back up to Boston after that show.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: pcr3 on December 12, 2012, 05:08:36 PM
I still don't remember how I got back up to Boston after that show.

Car is likely. Train is possible. Airplane is unlikely.
Bring in the dude!

sophist

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 13, 2012, 01:55:37 AM
Quote from: pcr3 on December 12, 2012, 05:08:36 PM
I still don't remember how I got back up to Boston after that show.

Car is likely. Train is possible. Airplane is unlikely.
Def not in Scott's way, which is in the comfort of another man...
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!