News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 26, 2013, 01:18:18 PM
15 years ago... about the time those Island shows were announced, no?
couldnt have been much more than a month ahead of time if i recall.
just insane the amount of buzz, and it was about to be on like Donkey Kong wearing Sean JOhn in Bogaton.

good times....good times.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

birdman

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 26, 2013, 09:02:24 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on February 26, 2013, 01:18:18 PM
15 years ago... about the time those Island shows were announced, no?
couldnt have been much more than a month ahead of time if i recall.
just insane the amount of buzz, and it was about to be on like Donkey Kong wearing Sean JOhn in Bogaton.

good times....good times.

Waited in line at Tower Records for tickets to the RI shows. My first shows as a non student and a parent. Epic shows all around.
Paug FTMFW!

antelope19

I can't believe it was 10 years ago this week that a bunch of us did the NJ, Philly and Greensboro shows.  We had so much fun!

Monday, 02/24/2003
Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, NJ

Set 1: Down with Disease, Corinna, Wolfman's Brother > Limb By Limb, Everyday I Have the Blues[1], The Thrill is Gone[1], Rock Me Baby[1]

Set 2: Halley's Comet > Harry Hood > Heavy Things, Twist, All of These Dreams, Waves > Sample in a Jar > Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Farmhouse

[1] Phish debut; B.B. King.

Notes: The last three songs of the first set were Phish concert debuts that featured a guest appearance by B.B. King.

Tuesday, 02/25/2003
First Union Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Julius, Talk, 46 Days, Taste, Frankie Says, Slave to the Traffic Light, Water in the Sky, Walls of the Cave

Set 2: AC/DC Bag, Cities, Theme From the Bottom[1] > Runaway Jim > Thunderhead > Sparkle, Pebbles and Marbles

Encore: The Squirming Coil > Character Zero

[1] Unfinished.

Notes: Talk was played for the first time since August 6, 1998 (167 shows). Theme was unfinished.

Saturday, 03/01/2003
Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC

Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, The Moma Dance, Foam, Lawn Boy, Character Zero > Divided Sky, Mountains in the Mist, Waves > Sample in a Jar

Set 2: Rock and Roll > Wilson > Piper[1] > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Wolfman's Brother -> Boogie On Reggae Woman, Wading in the Velvet Sea > Run Like an Antelope, Carolina

Encore: First Tube > You Enjoy Myself[2] -> Proud Mary[3]

[1] A portion of the jam was based around the chords to Oye Como Va.
[2] Oye Como Va and Another One Bites the Dust teases. Daniel Saw the Stone tease in vocal jam.
[3] a cappella.

Notes: Instead of emerging from behind the piano with his own microphone for Lawn Boy, Page came front stage and used Trey's microphone and stand. The move prompted a raucous response from the crowd. A portion of the Piper jam was based around the chords to Oye Como Va. Trey subsequently teased Oye Como Va, as well as Another One Bites the Dust, during YEM. Carolina was played for the first time since November 18, 1998 (144 shows). The YEM vocal jam included a Daniel Saw the Stone tease. Proud Mary was performed a cappella (including renderings of the musical breaks) to conclude the vocal jam. Only one other version of Proud Mary is known – a full-band version at the first ever Phish show on December 2, 1983 (1,361 shows).
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

barnesy305

antelope19

Quote from: barnesy305 on February 28, 2013, 12:48:14 PM
Ah, the Greensboro show...

yeah, dude.  So many solid versions played that night..... Piper, YEM, Waves, etc.....

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: antelope19 on February 28, 2013, 11:32:33 AM
I can't believe it was 10 years ago this week that a bunch of us did the NJ, Philly and Greensboro shows.  We had so much fun!

Monday, 02/24/2003
Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, NJ

Set 1: Down with Disease, Corinna, Wolfman's Brother > Limb By Limb, Everyday I Have the Blues[1], The Thrill is Gone[1], Rock Me Baby[1]

Set 2: Halley's Comet > Harry Hood > Heavy Things, Twist, All of These Dreams, Waves > Sample in a Jar > Chalk Dust Torture

Encore: Farmhouse

[1] Phish debut; B.B. King.

Notes: The last three songs of the first set were Phish concert debuts that featured a guest appearance by B.B. King.

Tuesday, 02/25/2003
First Union Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Julius, Talk, 46 Days, Taste, Frankie Says, Slave to the Traffic Light, Water in the Sky, Walls of the Cave

Set 2: AC/DC Bag, Cities, Theme From the Bottom[1] > Runaway Jim > Thunderhead > Sparkle, Pebbles and Marbles

Encore: The Squirming Coil > Character Zero

[1] Unfinished.

Notes: Talk was played for the first time since August 6, 1998 (167 shows). Theme was unfinished.

Saturday, 03/01/2003
Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC

Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, The Moma Dance, Foam, Lawn Boy, Character Zero > Divided Sky, Mountains in the Mist, Waves > Sample in a Jar

Set 2: Rock and Roll > Wilson > Piper[1] > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Wolfman's Brother -> Boogie On Reggae Woman, Wading in the Velvet Sea > Run Like an Antelope, Carolina

Encore: First Tube > You Enjoy Myself[2] -> Proud Mary[3]

[1] A portion of the jam was based around the chords to Oye Como Va.
[2] Oye Como Va and Another One Bites the Dust teases. Daniel Saw the Stone tease in vocal jam.
[3] a cappella.

Notes: Instead of emerging from behind the piano with his own microphone for Lawn Boy, Page came front stage and used Trey's microphone and stand. The move prompted a raucous response from the crowd. A portion of the Piper jam was based around the chords to Oye Como Va. Trey subsequently teased Oye Como Va, as well as Another One Bites the Dust, during YEM. Carolina was played for the first time since November 18, 1998 (144 shows). The YEM vocal jam included a Daniel Saw the Stone tease. Proud Mary was performed a cappella (including renderings of the musical breaks) to conclude the vocal jam. Only one other version of Proud Mary is known – a full-band version at the first ever Phish show on December 2, 1983 (1,361 shows).

Good run.
When you got to Greensboro, did you in anyway kick yourself for not going to Uniondale?
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

antelope19

Nah.  I was just pumped to be catching the tour ender that night.  Maybe a little bummed, but iirc, I had to get back and work for a couple of days in between Philly/NJ and Greensboro

ETA: Most of all, I was just pumped to be seeing  :phish: shows again

khalpin

I took a trip down to Raleigh to visit a friend and go to Greensboro.  My only 2.0 show.  I remember hanging out and watching the live setlist updates on phish.net on the 28th and the sound of jaws hitting the floor while seeing Destiny show up. 

Augustus

I was up doing blow since the 26th and convinced the buddy that I was with to come with me to Nassau.
I tried to explain to him how HUGE of a bustout Destiny was, but he didn't get it.

sophist

I just envision lines that require waterpark size tubes to yack up.   

"you gonna hit that or throw a black diamond sign at the top of it?"
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Augustus

rowjimmy

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.