News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on October 22, 2013, 08:18:54 PM
i love when this day rolls around - my first show...

Sunday, 10/22/1995  Assembly Hall, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL

Set 1: AC/DC Bag, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, The Sloth, Runaway Jim, Weigh > NICU, Fast Enough for You, It's Ice > Poor Heart > Sample in a Jar, I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome[1], Stash

Set 2: Golgi Apparatus, Possum -> Catapult, The Curtain > Tweezer -> Makisupa Policeman -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Life on Mars?, Uncle Pen, Slave to the Traffic Light > Cavern

Encore: Sweet Adeline, The Squirming Coil

NOOB-ALERT!!!!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gundo

Set 1: AC/DC Bag, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, The Sloth, Runaway Jim, Weigh > NICU, Fast Enough for You, It's Ice > Poor Heart > Sample in a Jar, I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome[1], Stash

Set 2: Golgi Apparatus, Possum -> Catapult, The Curtain > Tweezer -> Makisupa Policeman -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Life on Mars?, Uncle Pen, Slave to the Traffic Light > Cavern

That setlist is b-e-a-utiful.

anthrax

Quote from: PG on October 22, 2013, 08:34:25 PM

NOOB-ALERT!!!!!

man was i a noob that night.  i caught 2 shows on that tour.  if that exact tour happened again, i could easily catch 10 shows without even leaving the midwest!

birdman

Quote from: anthrax on October 23, 2013, 09:28:23 PM

NOOB-ALERT!!!!!

man was i a noob that night.  i caught 2 shows on that tour.  if that exact tour happened again, i could easily catch 10 shows without even leaving the midwest!
The show the night before this was one of the best nights of my life.
Fall 95 was monstrous.
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

If I were my age now.... back in fall 95, I have a feeling things would get awesomely troublesome. I just wouldnt be able to miss a show ever. They were playing so good.
Bring in the dude!

pcr3

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 24, 2013, 02:26:11 AM
If I were my age now.... back in fall 95, I have a feeling things would get awesomely troublesome. I just wouldnt be able to miss a show ever. They were playing so good.

Ha. So true. Nearly failed out of college my junior year partially due to that tour. Took 3 incompletes fall semester...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mbw

2nd show for me, 18 years ago.  Still my favorite attended.  The Phish bl3w my mind.
Everyone talks about the Antelope, but this YEM is the goods.

http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/1995-10-24/you-enjoy-myself

susep

Quote from: pcr3 on October 24, 2013, 08:44:04 AM

Ha. So true. Nearly failed out of college my junior year partially due to that tour. Took 3 incompletes fall semester...

:beers:

Quote from: mbw on October 24, 2013, 09:13:38 AM
2nd show for me, 18 years ago.  Still my favorite attended.  The Phish bl3w my mind.
Everyone talks about the Antelope, but this YEM is the goods.

http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/1995-10-24/you-enjoy-myself

Happy Anniv., sick show!

anthrax

Quote from: birdman on October 24, 2013, 12:35:55 AM

NOOB-ALERT!!!!!

Fall 95 was monstrous.

BM, did you go to the champaign show after nebraska?

birdman

Quote from: anthrax on October 24, 2013, 06:18:29 PM
Quote from: birdman on October 24, 2013, 12:35:55 AM

NOOB-ALERT!!!!!

Fall 95 was monstrous.

BM, did you go to the champaign show after nebraska?
No. Drove back to Nashville for school. Then left for the Detroit and Louisville shows the next weekend.
Paug FTMFW!

Gumbo72203

I'm waiting for when this new band I really dig gets onto a similar roll....  I think they've got what it takes.  They just need to learn to really let go every show and throw down like its their first time performing the songs and last time ever playing together.  :P
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VA $l!m

10/27/1994
University Hall, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA

Set 1: Wilson, Sparkle, Maze, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird -> The Vibration of Life -> Fly Famous Mockingbird > Divided Sky[1], The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Poor Heart, Cavern

Set 2: Julius, Ya Mar, Tweezer > Contact > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Down with Disease, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Slave to the Traffic Light -> Icculus, Tweezer Reprise[2]

[1] All Fall Down signal.
[2] Extended ending.

Notes: Divided Sky contained an All Fall Down signal. Miscommunication within the student-run venue staff led to a premature signaling for the second set to end. Following an extended break to "discuss" the matter with staff, the band returned for an unusually long encore. Tweezer Reprise featured an atypical extended ending.

one of my favorites.
:phish:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

barnesy305

Quote from: VA $l!m on October 27, 2013, 01:26:53 PM
  10/27/1994
University Hall, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA

Set 1: Wilson, Sparkle, Maze, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird -> The Vibration of Life -> Fly Famous Mockingbird > Divided Sky[1], The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Poor Heart, Cavern

Set 2: Julius, Ya Mar, Tweezer > Contact > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Down with Disease, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Slave to the Traffic Light -> Icculus, Tweezer Reprise[2]

[1] All Fall Down signal.
[2] Extended ending.

Notes: Divided Sky contained an All Fall Down signal. Miscommunication within the student-run venue staff led to a premature signaling for the second set to end. Following an extended break to "discuss" the matter with staff, the band returned for an unusually long encore. Tweezer Reprise featured an atypical extended ending.

one of my favorites.
:phish:

It's been a while, I think I need to revisit.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

barnesy305