News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: mbw on December 06, 2013, 08:01:52 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on December 06, 2013, 06:42:09 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 06, 2013, 06:01:55 PM
Jennifer Dances also sucks, but surely not the worst song they've written. Reminds me a lot of recent Trey material (Winterqueen, Summer of 89 etc.)

I not much of a fan of Trey's working man/show tune ballads, but every now and then one gets me. Winterqueen has got me. I like the images it conjures in my head.

::anxiously awaiting Seven Below>Winterqueen to open an MSG set::

I don't know about you anymore man.

I'm caught in the throws of the dark arts.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

khalpin

Saturday, 12/09/1995
Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY

Set 1: Maze, Theme From the Bottom > NICU > The Sloth > Rift, Bouncing Around the Room, Free, Billy Breathes, Dog Faced Boy, Chalk Dust Torture

Set 2: Timber (Jerry), Wilson[1] > Gumbo, You Enjoy Myself[2], Lawn Boy, Slave to the Traffic Light > Crossroads, Sweet Adeline

Encore: Loving Cup
I know this show doesn't particularly stand out when measured up to the rest of December 1995, but it's probably my favorite attended show behind the Clifford Ball.  Maybe it was the hellish blizzard that afternoon and the fact that we actually made it to Albany alive.  Between the doppler Maze opener, the band's quirkiness shining through with the Beavis & Butthead Wilson, the Timber second set opener and obviously the YEM. I just had such a great time at this show.

pcr3

Quote from: khalpin on December 09, 2013, 09:35:55 AM
Saturday, 12/09/1995

Set 1: Maze, Theme From the Bottom > NICU > The Sloth > Rift, Bouncing Around the Room, Free, Billy Breathes, Dog Faced Boy, Chalk Dust Torture

Set 2: Timber (Jerry), Wilson[1] > Gumbo, You Enjoy Myself[2], Lawn Boy, Slave to the Traffic Light > Crossroads, Sweet Adeline

I know this show doesn't particularly stand out when measured up to the rest of December 1995, but it's probably my favorite attended show behind the Clifford Ball.  Maybe it was the hellish blizzard that afternoon and the fact that we actually made it to Albany alive.  Between the doppler Maze opener, the band's quirkiness shining through with the Beavis & Butthead Wilson, the Timber second set opener and obviously the YEM. I just had such a great time at this show.

Was going to post almost the exact same thing.  My favorite attended 2 set show.  I'm glad someone else still talks about the Doppler Maze opener.  That really helped the LSD kick in...

Walking out of the Knick after that show to find several feet of snow on the ground to play in was the icing on the cake.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Superfreakie

Quote from: pcr3 on December 09, 2013, 12:47:05 PM
Saturday, 12/09/1995

Was going to post almost the exact same thing.  My favorite attended 2 set show.  I'm glad someone else still talks about the Doppler Maze opener.  That really helped the LSD kick in...

Walking out of the Knick after that show to find several feet of snow on the ground to play in was the icing on the cake.

That December '95 leg was a real winter tour. From what I remember, it snowed at nearly every show, from start to finish. Was really cold on most nights. Driving conditions from show to show were spastic. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

khalpin

Saturday, 12/09/1995

I think it was you that I first heard refer to it as the Doppler Maze.  I always thought of it as the KGB Police Siren.

birdman

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 09, 2013, 12:59:01 PM
Saturday, 12/09/1995

That December '95 leg was a real winter tour. From what I remember, it snowed at nearly every show, from start to finish. Was really cold on most nights. Driving conditions from show to show were spastic.
My guess is the drivers were pretty spastic as well.
Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on December 09, 2013, 01:07:10 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on December 09, 2013, 12:59:01 PM
Saturday, 12/09/1995

My guess is the drivers were pretty spastic as well.

If the universe hadn't kept shifting in and out of focus I'm sure we'd all have been better drivers back then.

Marmar

Shot of Lake Acid lot scene......

How many of ya remember that red bus from 94-95 tours?  :-D
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Marmar on December 10, 2013, 10:08:17 AM

Do not wander on to that bus. It's still out there and on tour quite a bit. 12 Tribes is a brainwashed cult of freaks (though they do provide free first aid as needed, so they're not all bad).

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Superfreakie

WOW!!!!!!!!

That's a shot from one of the favorite nights of my life. I've had a lot of great nights, but the 17th can only be described as immaculate.

Superfreakie

Quote from: PG on December 10, 2013, 10:14:09 AM

Do not wander on to that bus. It's still out there and on tour quite a bit. 12 Tribes is a brainwashed cult of freaks (though they do provide free first aid as needed, so they're not all bad).

I wandered onto the bus in '95, they kicked me off it pretty fast. That's got to say something when you're too weird for the 12 Tribes.

justjezmund

Saw the bus when i was in NYC for NYE in 04.  almost got on, then i realized i didn't want to get raped or mind fucked so i went and saw a shitty band instead. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

sophist

I read that as "free acid" and my first thought, shit, if its free, I will listen to a sales pitch. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul