News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

I always thought they were pretty harmless, just way out there. 
I used to find it interesting to watch them in their circles dancing around outside the bus.  They seemed so peaceful.  To each their own, I say.

I love it that SF was kicked off the bus.  :wtu:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

birdman

I've been on the peacemaker before...want to say island tour 98. Had a long discussion/argument with
of their members. The anthropologist in me was interested in what they had to say.Talked of family, culture, work, and spirituality. Actually pretty enlightening but my brain was too strong for them to erase
Paug FTMFW!

sunrisevt

Yeah, that's been my take from listening to & observing 12 Tribes kids on lot over the years.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Marmar

The only thing I took away from my encounters with them is this:

The world is full of fR34k5 who would like nothing more than for you to join them.....If I were a violent person, they would be my first targets....for sighting in, of course.........The sheep trying to convert wolves to sheep.....

I lost a good buddy to the bus back in 94.....I haven't heard from him since that fateful night he got on the bus in Buffalo.....rumor has it that he's still roaming around with em.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mattstick

I think the real brainwashing starts after tour when they get you to a desert in New Mexico, have you burn your possessions and renounce your loved ones.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on December 10, 2013, 11:40:36 AM

I think the real brainwashing starts after tour when they get you to a desert in New Mexico, have you burn your possessions and renounce your loved ones.

this is the part that gets me...
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

I think I was given a pamphlet of theirs in Atlanta 2003. It was pretty amusing.
Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 10, 2013, 10:50:18 AM

I exposed myself following a diatribe about moral behavior.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

birdman

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 10, 2013, 11:53:39 AM

I exposed myself following a diatribe about virtuous behavior.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
well played
Paug FTMFW!

Superfreakie

Quote from: birdman on December 10, 2013, 11:56:00 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on December 10, 2013, 11:53:39 AM

I exposed myself following a diatribe about virtuous behavior.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
well played

yeah, I thought you'd like that one. I was trippin' balls.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

barnesy305

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

hahah me and my friend were just talking about 12 tribes the other night, I remember those people got that big ass bus parked out from MSG all 4 nights in NYC for like 09 run or something. I couldnt believe they got NYC to let them park there.

that lake placid shot is gold!
I remember that lot quite well from when they had snoedown there in 07

PIE-GUY

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on December 10, 2013, 01:34:58 PM
hahah me and my friend were just talking about 12 tribes the other night, I remember those people got that big ass bus parked out from MSG all 4 nights in NYC for like 09 run or something. I couldnt believe they got NYC to let them park there.

that lake placid shot is gold!
I remember that lot quite well from when they had snoedown there in 07

They get a permit for that parking with the whole "first aid" angle.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

Yeah... If it's all "Free love and burritos until tour's over; now do stoop labor on a soybean farm for the test of your life. Your family is evil because they oppose our way," I can't go for that. Wow-oh, no can do.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.