News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: PG on December 10, 2013, 03:02:55 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on December 10, 2013, 01:34:58 PM
hahah me and my friend were just talking about 12 tribes the other night, I remember those people got that big ass bus parked out from MSG all 4 nights in NYC for like 09 run or something. I couldnt believe they got NYC to let them park there.

that lake placid shot is gold!
I remember that lot quite well from when they had snoedown there in 07

They get a permit for that parking with the whole "first aid" angle.

ahhh i see i see,

I also read that the higher ups in that organization are owners of some high end skyscrapper construction companies in NY or something. Thats where most of their funding comes from or I guess how they make money....? I dunno the whole logistics on it but sounds kinda strange.

rowjimmy

Always steered clear of those guys.

Sweet bus, though.

susep

18 years ago tonight rocked CCCC in Portland ME.  kind of a rough show in that had stayed up all night the night before studying for an Anthropology Final then boogied on down I-95 with some friends to catch the show.  I was in/out of it after drinking, puffing pretty much the whole time.  I definitely remember more of set 1 then set 2.  I'm sure people around me were thinking I was on H or something because I literally couldn't stay awake.  Fishman was a machine.   

mehead

Quote from: susep on December 11, 2013, 09:26:53 AM
18 years ago tonight rocked CCCC in Portland ME.  kind of a rough show in that had stayed up all night the night before studying for an Anthropology Final then boogied on down I-95 with some friends to catch the show.  I was in/out of it after drinking, puffing pretty much the whole time.  I definitely remember more of set 1 then set 2.  I'm sure people around me were thinking I was on H or something because I literally couldn't stay awake.  Fishman was a machine.   

I laughed my ass off during the whole Dog Log gag.  I also remember so many people around me had no idea who Warren was. 
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

susep

Quote from: mehead on December 11, 2013, 09:33:30 AM
Quote from: susep on December 11, 2013, 09:26:53 AM

I laughed my ass off during the whole Dog Log gag.  I also remember so many people around me had no idea who Warren was.

I thought the Elvis reference was funny too.

antelope19

12/11/99 Spectrum FTW

One of my all-time favorite attended shows.  Crowd Energy was through the roof that night and the playing was equally good. 

Saturday, 12/11/1999 First Union Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Harry Hood > Mike's Song > Simple > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, When the Circus Comes, Scent of a Mule, Cavern

Set 2: Boogie On Reggae Woman, Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley[1] -> Ghost -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease
Encore: Possum[2]
[1] No vocal jam.
[2] All Fall Down signal.
Teases:
· AC/DC Bag tease in Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley
Notes: Sneakin' Sally began with an AC/DC Bag tease and did not contain a vocal jam. Possum included an All Fall Down signal.

Listen here: http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/1999-12-11
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mehead

Quote from: antelope19 on December 11, 2013, 10:56:22 AM
12/11/99 Spectrum FTW

One of my all-time favorite attended shows.  Crowd Energy was through the roof that night and the playing was equally good. 

Set 1: Harry Hood > Mike's Song > Simple > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, When the Circus Comes, Scent of a Mule, Cavern

Set 2: Boogie On Reggae Woman, Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley[1] -> Ghost -> Also Sprach Zarathustra > Down with Disease
[1] No vocal jam.
Teases:
Notes: Sneakin' Sally began with an AC/DC Bag tease and did not contain a vocal jam. Possum included an All Fall Down signal.

one of my favs too...spun hard and remember looking for my face after weekapaug
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

barnesy305

Quote from: mehead on December 11, 2013, 11:24:03 AM
12/11/99 Spectrum FTW

[1] No vocal jam.
Teases:

Same here, that weekend was awesome. We met Ginger Lynn that weekend. I remember the setbreak wave was unbelievable.

antelope19

Quote from: barnesy305 on December 11, 2013, 12:26:15 PM
12/11/99 Spectrum FTW

[1] No vocal jam.
Teases:

Same here, that weekend was awesome. We met Ginger Lynn that weekend. I remember the setbreak wave was unbelievable.

Yep.  The pre-show wave wasn't too shabby either.  People were freaking pumped to be there.  If you listen to the auds, the crowd loves the hood, and IIRC, people were lighting off fireworks inside when the lights went down.   

justjezmund

Quote from: antelope19 on December 11, 2013, 12:29:59 PM
12/11/99 Spectrum FTW

[1] No vocal jam.
Teases:

Yep.  The pre-show wave wasn't too shabby either.  People were freaking pumped to be there.  If you listen to the auds, the crowd loves the hood, and IIRC, people were lighting off fireworks inside when the lights went down.   

confirmation of how much neely dosed himself that night.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

antelope19

Quote from: justjezmund on December 11, 2013, 12:34:33 PM
12/11/99 Spectrum FTW

[1] No vocal jam.
Teases:

LOL, no.  I had sworn off the stuff at shows at that point.  I believe they were just little bottle rockets or whatever, but you can hear a few pops during the hood that are def. not the typical balloon sounds.   

justjezmund

Quote from: antelope19 on December 11, 2013, 12:36:35 PM
12/11/99 Spectrum FTW

[1] No vocal jam.
Teases:

LOL, no.  I had sworn off the stuff at shows at that point.

i got nothing, yeah that show rules. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

sophist

Quote from: antelope19 on December 11, 2013, 12:36:35 PM
12/11/99 Spectrum FTW

[1] No vocal jam.
Teases:

LOL, no.  I had sworn off the stuff at shows at that point.  I believe they were just little bottle rockets or whatever, but you can hear a few pops during the hood that are def. not the typical balloon sounds.

Promises WTU, Grupp, and I will never make for $500, Alex. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: sophist on December 11, 2013, 01:40:58 PM

Promises WTU, Grupp, and I will never make for $500, Alex.

There's probably a few others you could add to that list.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.