News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcr3

Quote from: runawayjimbo on June 24, 2014, 09:02:38 AM
My first show 19 years ago today. Show Club'd

These two shows should get me nice and amp'd to see them back at the Mann again. Or lead to massive disappointment, you know, whatever.

Quote from: mbw on June 19, 2014, 05:36:19 PM
fuck i'm old.

Saturday, 06/24/1995
The Mann Center for the Performing Arts, Philadelphia, PA
Set 1: Fee[1] > Rift, Spock's Brain, Julius, Glide, Mound, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, The Squirming Coil
Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Halley's Comet > David Bowie, Lifeboy, Suzy Greenberg, Harry Hood, Acoustic Army, Sweet Adeline, Golgi Apparatus
Encore: Bold As Love
[1] Trey sang verses through megaphone.

Nice. I skipped the Mann shows that weekend to head down to RFK for my last two Dead shows. Not sure if I made the right call.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

antelope19

Quote from: pcr3 on June 24, 2014, 10:15:38 AM

These two shows should get me nice and amp'd to see them back at the Mann again. Or lead to massive disappointment, you know, whatever.

fuck i'm old.

Saturday, 06/24/1995
Set 1: Fee[1] > Rift, Spock's Brain, Julius, Glide, Mound, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, The Squirming Coil
Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Halley's Comet > David Bowie, Lifeboy, Suzy Greenberg, Harry Hood, Acoustic Army, Sweet Adeline, Golgi Apparatus

Nice. I skipped the Mann shows that weekend to head down to RFK for my last two Dead shows. Not sure if I made the right call.

As someone who never saw the dead, I'd say you made the right call. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

birdman

Quote from: antelope19 on June 24, 2014, 10:29:58 AM

fuck i'm old.

Saturday, 06/24/1995

I disagree. I was at the Mann. Major fail on your part. AND you never redeemed yourself from your previous "experience" at the Mann. :shakehead:
Paug FTMFW!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on June 24, 2014, 12:23:39 PM

fuck i'm old.

Saturday, 06/24/1995

STFU Neely!  I disagree. I was at the Mann. Major fail on your part. AND you never redeemed yourself from your previous "experience" at the Mann. :shakehead:

FYP.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

pcr3

fuck i'm old.

Saturday, 06/24/1995

I disagree. I was at the Mann. Major fail on your part. AND you never redeemed yourself from your previous "experience" at the Mann. :shakehead:

:-D  Good point.

However, like pieguy last fall in Woosta, I am going to exorcise those demons by attending a show there this summer.  Staying on topic, my return to the Mann will coincide with the 20th anniversary of my first show.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

mistercharlie

20 years ago today I witnessed the Run Like a Diseased Antelope! Only 13 at the time, but I knew that that was a special thing that happened there. Unlike the year prior at my first show where I was too young and naive to appreciate the Murat Gin as it happened.

The Reba isn't half bad either.

Friday, 06/24/1994   
Murat Theatre, Indianapolis, IN
Soundcheck: Funky Bitch (this soundcheck is incomplete)
Set 1: Divided Sky, Wilson[1], It's Ice > Fee[2] > All Things Reconsidered, The Sloth > Paul and Silas > Horn > Reba[3], Sweet Adeline[4], Sample in a Jar
Set 2: Demand > Run Like an Antelope, Halley's Comet > The Curtain > McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Simple -> Sanity > Llama, Dog Faced Boy[5], Poor Heart[5], Cavern[6], Carolina[4], Down with Disease
Encore: Rocky Top
[1] Simpsons signal.
[2] Trey sang verses through megaphone.
[3] No whistling.
[4] Without microphones.
[5] Acoustic; without microphones.
[6] Older, alternate lyrics. Acoustic; without microphones.
Teases:
· Down with Disease jam in Run Like an Antelope
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 24, 2014, 03:06:31 PM
20 years ago today I witnessed the Run Like a Diseased Antelope! Only 13 at the time, but I knew that that was a special thing that happened there. Unlike the year prior at my first show where I was too young and naive to appreciate the Murat Gin as it happened.

The Reba isn't half bad either.

Friday, 06/24/1994   
Murat Theatre, Indianapolis, IN
Soundcheck: Funky Bitch (this soundcheck is incomplete)
Set 1: Divided Sky, Wilson[1], It's Ice > Fee[2] > All Things Reconsidered, The Sloth > Paul and Silas > Horn > Reba[3], Sweet Adeline[4], Sample in a Jar
Set 2: Demand > Run Like an Antelope, Halley's Comet > The Curtain > McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters > Simple -> Sanity > Llama, Dog Faced Boy[5], Poor Heart[5], Cavern[6], Carolina[4], Down with Disease
Encore: Rocky Top
[1] Simpsons signal.
[2] Trey sang verses through megaphone.
[3] No whistling.
[4] Without microphones.
[5] Acoustic; without microphones.
[6] Older, alternate lyrics. Acoustic; without microphones.
Teases:
· Down with Disease jam in Run Like an Antelope

listening to this one right now.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

fuck i'm old.

Saturday, 06/24/1995

We saw Jerry sit in with Dylan.
We saw Black Muddy River.

I'm happy with my choice that weekend.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 24, 2014, 07:25:52 PM

fuck i'm old.

Saturday, 06/24/1995

and Bruuuuuuuuuce.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mehead

fuck i'm old.

I did the same.  You made the right choice.
Saturday, 06/24/1995

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

blatboom

6/24/00 is like my 2nd favorite show I saw

pcr3

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 24, 2014, 07:38:25 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 24, 2014, 07:25:52 PM

fuck i'm old.

Saturday, 06/24/1995

and Bruuuuuuuuuce.

On second thought, I'm happy I made the decision. I also had Great Woods and Sugarbush ahead of me the following week, so that factored into it. First night Great Woods was another pcr3 lot disaster though...

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

I'm gonna save it for 6/30. It's not that great a story, but it gives insight into why I was a bit scared to go to Great Woods for a few years.