News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

23 years ago was Amy's Farm... I was not there, but Caravan was... read about it here:

http://backinmyday.net/2011/08/01/8391-amys-farm-auburn-me/
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

bad subject :wink:
had a ticket, should have gone, was experiencing temporary tour burnout, regret
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Augustus

Didn't like the show, but the encore of 08-09-98 is one of my favorite Phish memories.
Rocked backstage and was able to chat at length with Trey.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Augustus on August 09, 2014, 03:58:52 PM
Didn't like the show, but the encore of 08-09-98 is one of my favorite Phish memories.
Rocked backstage and was able to chat at length with Trey.

very cool!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mattstick

pcr3

Ten years ago yesterday was the only time I ever went to a show with my girlfriend (now wife) and the only time I ever left early.

She had not partaken in the grass in about 4 years when she decided to have some brownie before the show.  Unfortunately, she liked the way it tasted and had 1.5 brownies instead of the 1/2 I recommended.  A couple of quotes from the night:

GF: These brownies are laced.
Me: Yup, with pot.
GF: No, there is something else.  I can feel it.
Me: Nope.  Hey Riff (GF's best friend who made the brownies)...did you lace the brownies?
Riff:  Uhh...yeah...with pot.
Me: So there you go.

GF (during 1st set): I TOTALLY get why people would want to go and experience this every night and drive all around chasing the band.  It's just doing nothing for me right now.  Like...NOTHING.

She tossed her proverbial cookies on my feet once they started up ASIHTOS, and I took her out to the treed area around Great Woods.  The Piper sounded good from out there, and she was much better sitting at a picnic table away from the fray.

Perhaps the best part of the night was that she and I had just moved in together a week before, and I didn't know the area at all and she was pretty out there.  It was an adventure finding home after the show...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd

Thanks for sharing pcr, my wife had a similar experience the last time she indulged in edibles.  She decided to feed her munchie cravings with more cookies.  I kept warning her but she would forget 5 minutes later and be digging into them again.  It was pretty funny to watch unfold but she said it was unpleasant after awhile.  That was in the Spring and she hasn't tried them since.  It's kind of too bad since she really enjoyed them the few times before.  Moderation is key with those.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 11, 2014, 09:44:25 AM
Thanks for sharing pcr, my wife had a similar experience the last time she indulged in edibles.  She decided to feed her munchie cravings with more cookies.  I kept warning her but she would forget 5 minutes later and be digging into them again.  It was pretty funny to watch unfold but she said it was unpleasant after awhile.  That was in the Spring and she hasn't tried them since.  It's kind of too bad since she really enjoyed them the few times before.  Moderation is key with those.

Same story on my end. Her friend made them too tasty. Sadly, that was the sole time she has gotten high since we met. I ate 2 for the show... 8-)
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on August 11, 2014, 10:26:49 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 11, 2014, 09:44:25 AM

Same story on my end. Her friend made them too tasty. Sadly, that was the sole time she has gotten high since we met. I ate 2 for the show... 8-)

Our moderation may be on a different scale my friend.  :evil:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sophist

I kinda feel like without the exact dosage, it's moot.  It's like people talking about just eating a ten strip instead of the mic amount.  Not to deter from the story, but not knowing if it was 100mg versus 400mg of THC, doesn't really add the factor of just how fucking hard your gf (now wife) was tripping face.  And I know lot purchased goods aren't going to be exact, nor do I expect most people who concoct edibles to do the math to know dosage.  So strong is a pretty variable term. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Igbo

Perhaps RJ could share his Tequila-juana story. One of my all-time faves.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on August 11, 2014, 11:58:43 AM
Perhaps RJ could share his Tequila-juana story. One of my all-time faves.
"That never happened," he said, to the public forum, before quickly walking away and disappearing behind a closed door.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: sophist on August 11, 2014, 11:24:42 AM
I kinda feel like without the exact dosage, it's moot.  It's like people talking about just eating a ten strip instead of the mic amount.  Not to deter from the story, but not knowing if it was 100mg versus 400mg of THC, doesn't really add the factor of just how fucking hard your gf (now wife) was tripping face.  And I know lot purchased goods aren't going to be exact, nor do I expect most people who concoct edibles to do the math to know dosage.  So strong is a pretty variable term.

The tolerance and size of the person plays a part when dealing with THC levels in edibles as well.

And RJ, let's have it.

whatapiper

16 years ago today....

8-11-1998
Star Lake, PA

Set 1: Trench Town Rock > Julius, Wolfman's Brother -> Time Loves a Hero, Bittersweet Motel, Reba, The Sloth, Ginseng Sullivan, Fee > Maze, Sample in a Jar

Set 2: Runaway Jim, Meat > Limb By Limb, When the Circus Comes > Down with Disease

Encore: Wilson > Golgi Apparatus

My 25th show and 7th up to that point in the summer, good stuff.  Was late getting to the show for whatever reason and walked in during the intro to Trench Town Rock.  Loved the show then and now, one of the best summers of my life.  The cherry on top was my decent pavilion seat and the fact were still  heading to Vernon Downs and The Lemonwheel thereafter. To be 18 again!  I'd do many things to be able to experience that summer over again with my now 34 year old frame of mind. 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong