News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

A friend of mine who was there just figured FLeezer meant "fucking lame Tweezer", I blew his mind recently when I told him it was the "Finger Lakes Tweezer".

PIE-GUY

Everyone knows the jam. What you may not know is this night was one of the greatest "trips" of my life. It was after this show that Wendel first stated our long-running life motto: "it'll work out. It always does. It has to."
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

runawayjimbo

Twenty years ago I caught my first show. Still in pretty regular rotation for me today. Got it all cued up and ready to relive the day that completely changed the way I look at the world.

Also my first Show Club pick (remember Show Club?!?).

06/24/1995
The Mann Center for the Performing Arts, Philadelphia, PA

Set 1: Fee[1] > Rift, Spock's Brain, Julius, Glide, Mound, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, The Squirming Coil

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Halley's Comet > David Bowie, Lifeboy, Suzy Greenberg, Harry Hood, Acoustic Army, Sweet Adeline, Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Bold As Love

[1] Trey sang verses through megaphone.

Teases:
· Lifeboy tease in Suzy Greenberg

Notes: Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone. Suzy contained a Lifeboy tease from Trey. After Acoustic Army, Trey thanked the crowd for being so quiet. The band then proceeded to don surgical masks for Adeline. The masks were provided by a fan in the front – Trey thanked him for the "hats." The encore was preceded by Random Note and Simpsons signals.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

pcr3

Quote from: runawayjimbo on June 24, 2015, 08:08:49 AM
Twenty years ago I caught my first show. Still in pretty regular rotation for me today. Got it all cued up and ready to relive the day that completely changed the way I look at the world.

06/24/1995

Set 1: Fee[1] > Rift, Spock's Brain, Julius, Glide, Mound, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, The Squirming Coil

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Halley's Comet > David Bowie, Lifeboy, Suzy Greenberg, Harry Hood, Acoustic Army, Sweet Adeline, Golgi Apparatus

Teases:

Notes: Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone. Suzy contained a Lifeboy tease from Trey. After Acoustic Army, Trey thanked the crowd for being so quiet. The band then proceeded to don surgical masks for Adeline. The masks were provided by a fan in the front – Trey thanked him for the "hats." The encore was preceded by Random Note and Simpsons signals.

And 20 years ago today, I skipped the local Phish show to drive down to DC for nights of  :syf: at RFK.  The second night would end up being my last Dead show.  Here's the first night:

06/24/95 (Sat)  Robert F. Kennedy Stadium - Washington, DC
Set 1: Jack Straw, Althea, Little Red Rooster, Friend Of The Devil, El Paso (1), So Many Roads, Promised Land

Set 2: Iko Iko, Way To Go Home, Saint Of Circumstance > New Speedway Boogie > That Would Be Something > Drums > Space > Days Between, One More Saturday Night, E: Black Muddy River

Comment: (1) Weir on acoustic. Hornsby played the entire show
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

rowjimmy

Quote from: pcr3 on June 24, 2015, 11:44:45 AM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on June 24, 2015, 08:08:49 AM

06/24/1995

Teases:

And 20 years ago today, I skipped the local Phish show to drive down to DC for nights of  :syf: at RFK.  The second night would end up being my last Dead show.  Here's the first night:

06/24/95 (Sat)  Robert F. Kennedy Stadium - Washington, DC
Set 1: Jack Straw, Althea, Little Red Rooster, Friend Of The Devil, El Paso (1), So Many Roads, Promised Land

Set 2: Iko Iko, Way To Go Home, Saint Of Circumstance > New Speedway Boogie > That Would Be Something > Drums > Space > Days Between, One More Saturday Night, E: Black Muddy River

Comment: (1) Weir on acoustic. Hornsby played the entire show

I haven't been able to properly write about those two RFK shows. While not my final shows, RFK is special to me. I haven been listening to them for the past couple days and they have some solid playing and some sad blundering. I can still remember being blown away that Jerry gave us Black Muddy River, a song I'd thought was shelved forever and never to be played for me. I feel that Bruce pushed Jerry at these shows and the performances are stronger than a lot of the summer shows because of it.

The 6/25 show was worth it for the Shakedown (16min) alone. Also Jerry playing with Dylan while I was on the floor up front in the Phil Zone.

rowjimmy

I can't really focus on work anyway (Chicago) so I muscled through a post on those RFK shows.

http://rowjimmy.net/?p=1670

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 25, 2015, 05:42:09 PM
I can't really focus on work anyway (Chicago) so I muscled through a post on those RFK shows.

http://rowjimmy.net/?p=1670

Cool stuff, rj.

It's crazy to me to think that after these shows, I hit Great Woods and Sugarbush the following weekend. I have no idea how I traveled to any of these shows or where I stayed. Your memory is impressive.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

Buffalo Budd

Thanks a bunch for sharing RJ, that was a great read.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jasonsobel

My first show was 20 years ago today.  :phish:

Set 1 festured the long awaited return of Camel Walk.
Set 2 got out there, but not as out there as some of the other Tweezers from Summer '95 (i.e. Mud Island or the Fleezer).
On the whole, an awesome first show, and one that I listen to often (especially since the AKG 391 recording surfaced - http://db.etree.org/shn/124108 - major thanks to Lenny for that digging that one up).  I haven't seen Ha Ha Ha since.

edit to add: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=580694

Sunday, 07/02/1995
Summer Stage at Sugarbush, North Fayston, VT

Set 1: Sample in a Jar > Divided Sky, Gumbo, The Curtain > Julius, Camel Walk, Reba[1], I Didn't Know, Rift, While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Set 2: Runaway Jim -> Makisupa Policeman -> Scent of a Mule, Tweezer -> Ha Ha Ha > Sleeping Monkey, Acoustic Army, Slave to the Traffic Light
Encore: Halley's Comet > Tweezer Reprise

[1] No whistling.

Notes: This was a benefit show for the King Street Youth Center. The band brought back Camel Walk, which hadn't been played since February 24, 1989 (757 shows). Reba did not have the whistling ending and Trey announced during Makisupa that this was "4:20.... Day."
sing me back home before I die

PIE-GUY

Hands down my favorite show ever by any band. 7/2/95. Sugarbush. That's the truth.

pcr3

Quote from: PGLHAH on July 02, 2015, 07:01:20 PM
Hands down my favorite show ever by any band. 7/2/95. Sugarbush. That's the truth.

Wow, really?

I'm gonna have to give this a re-listen. I remember liking the second night better after that weekend, and I haven't listened to either very much since.

antelope19

A favorite of mine as well. Some of my first tapes. I wore them out
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

23 years I have been seeing  :phish: as of today. I'm fucking old.

emay

a year since Randall's CDT!
Still have that show on CD in my car and bump that jam on the reg. Good stuff.
cant believe tour starts in a week  :crazy: here's to more randall's cdt style jams!

antelope19

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 13, 2015, 06:31:42 PM
a year since Randall's CDT!
Still have that show on CD in my car and bump that jam on the reg. Good stuff.
cant believe tour starts in a week  :crazy: here's to more randall's cdt style jams!

:shakehead:

really.....last summer?  :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment