News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Central Vermont's getting the shit kicked out if it, à la 2011's Tropical Storm Irene. The capital city's emergency services are relocated away from their HQ because of the flooding. Some hill towns might be islands by this afternoon.

Eta I'm in the Adirondacks but my old man reports that one of the three roads to our place is washed out. The state highway that connects to that road and one other route up our hill is probably going to wash out in several locations.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Damn, that sucks.

Also, sucks because the wife and I are taking a staycation next week, but in order to not have my company contact me to do any work (as they are know to do when I'm off) I told them I was going to VT. Now I'm going to have to monitor the situation to see if my fib is still viable.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Quote from: sunrisevt on July 11, 2023, 09:53:52 AMCentral Vermont's getting the shit kicked out if it, à la 2011's Tropical Storm Irene. The capital city's emergency services are relocated away from their HQ because of the flooding. Some hill towns might be islands by this afternoon.

Eta I'm in the Adirondacks but my old man reports that one of the three roads to our place is washed out. The state highway that connects to that road and one other route up our hill is probably going to wash out in several locations.

We were THIS close to Coventry Part 2!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 11, 2023, 02:18:21 PMDamn, that sucks.

Also, sucks because the wife and I are taking a staycation next week, but in order to not have my company contact me to do any work (as they are know to do when I'm off) I told them I was going to VT. Now I'm going to have to monitor the situation to see if my fib is still viable.

😂

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Hicks on July 11, 2023, 03:45:05 PMWe were THIS close to Coventry Part 2!

You shut your whore mouth.

Buffalo Budd

Just brutal sunrise.
Sorry to hear.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

khalpin

Hate to hear that, Kelley.  I know that storm years ago devastated the state.  Hope the impact doesn't turn out that bad.

sunrisevt

I'm pretty sure 2023 will go in the books as the wettest Vermont summer on record. Just absolutely drenched. My vegetable garden's a wash. Lawns are swamps. Hayfields aren't getting cut b/c tractors can't maneuver. My old man joked that we should have planted rice.

Shit's nuts, I tell yas.

PIE-GUY

Today was the 36th consecutive 100+ day in Austin. Previous record was 27 in 2011. Tuesday, August 22nd is the first day on the forecast that May break the streak. That's the last day on the current ten-day forecast. 

And I work outside. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

At this time I will refrain from pointing out that you live in Texas on purpose and simply commiserate. Sounds terrible. Our weather here blows but not like that.

sls.stormyrider

Last weekend, we had a sudden storm with a microburst. This pic was taken down the block from me. Trees down everywhere. We had no power for a day and a half, which wasn't so bad. Clean up is still going on, and a tropical storm is heading our way.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

Jeebus, glad you're ok.
My sister's place got walloped last week--a few big trees came down right near their house. Weird thing though, they're only a half hour away from me and it didn't even rain at my place that day.

Buffalo Budd

So my friend texted me from Ingonish, Cape Breton where we are headed for a ski trip next month and said they've gotten 5 feet of snow in the last 3 days and it's still falling.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.