News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: ytowndan on September 18, 2013, 07:10:09 PM
I finally decided to check out Orange is the New Black.  I've only seen the first episode so far, but I'm diggin' it.

We're about halfway through the season and I definitely dig it.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 18, 2013, 07:36:12 PM
I finally decided to check out Orange is the New Black.  I've only seen the first episode so far, but I'm diggin' it.

i liked it.  getting to see Donna Pinciotti's tits in the first 10 seconds helped.
turns out she is only gonna be in like one more episode though.

ytowndan

Quote from: mbw on September 18, 2013, 07:38:49 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 18, 2013, 07:36:12 PM

i liked it.  getting to see Donna Pinciotti's tits in the first 10 seconds helped.
turns out she is only gonna be in like one more episode though.

I thought that was her.  Had to pause it part way through and hop over to IMDB cause it was bugging me.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: JustJezmund on September 18, 2013, 09:58:03 AM

Pretty cool DOC on the NYC nightclub.  Wish I could have experienced this spot.

I saw this on the big screen when it played at SXSW when it came out. The animation was cool, for sure. As for the club itself, I lost my mind just a couple of times in that place. It was special.  Not like any other music venue I've ever been to. The stage and the area with any type of good view of the stage took up less than 20% of the space... Especially if you include the downstairs lounge. It was really a place to gather with friends and hang out with great music playing but not 100% the focus.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

I finished the season this past weekend. It was good tv. Reminded me a lot of weeds first season, which was also really good.  Unfortunately weeds jumped the shark after a couple of seasons. Let's hope this one gets better with time. 

Hicks

Quote from: PG on September 18, 2013, 10:58:54 PM

I finished the season this past weekend. It was good tv. Reminded me a lot of weeds first season, which was also really good.  Unfortunately weeds jumped the shark after a couple of seasons. Let's hope this one gets better with time.

Yep, when Nancy burned her house down the show went with it and was coasting the rest of the time.

As for Orange is the New Black, we've watched the first two episodes and I've fallen asleep both times. 

Which is more of a commentary on me being tired all the time than the quality of the show itself. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on September 18, 2013, 11:52:04 PM
Quote from: PG on September 18, 2013, 10:58:54 PM

Yep, when Nancy burned her house down the show went with it and was coasting the rest of the time.

As for Orange is the New Black, we've watched the first two episodes and I've fallen asleep both times. 

Which is more of a commentary on me being tired all the time than the quality of the show itself.

To be honest, my initial hesitation with this show was because of Weeds.  I didn't want to get into another show that might have that same fate.  But, for now at least, I'm glad I decided to give it a shot.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

WillBreathes

I really liked Orange is the New Black.  Watched it in three days while staying home sick.  There are slow moments... the entire chicken episode was a piece of crap filler me thinks.... but the finale is stupendous.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

justjezmund

Quote from: WillBreathes on September 19, 2013, 08:18:55 AM
but the finale is stupendous.

holy shit yeah it is.  Just finished it and itching for season 2.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Poster Nutbag

The Acid House!!

This consists of three short stories that will nearly kill you, especially if taken in the stoner mood. The scenes in these are nearly cult worthy!! The plot of the first story is absolutely epic and watching what happen to this dude from beginning to end is just devastatingly hilarious and topped with some very touching scenes like the reason he gets booted from his home. The second one is great too!! The dancing in the mirror..  :crazy:  It's all shot in the Scottish slums, subtitles are included, but they're speaking english, all in all it is just too much!! This is a must see B- classic.
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

PIE-GUY

I've been digging into Spaced... The bbc show that launched the careers of Edgar wright, simon pegg, and nick frost... The guys who did Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc. 

It hilarious.... Highly suggested viewing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaced

rowjimmy

Quote from: PG on October 01, 2013, 04:52:03 AM
I've been digging into Spaced... The bbc show that launched the careers of Edgar wright, simon pegg, and nick frost... The guys who did Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, etc. 

2nd'd.

zimbra

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 01, 2013, 05:50:20 AM
Quote from: PG on October 01, 2013, 04:52:03 AM

2nd'd.

Awesome news for me.  I've watched way too many TV shows, when I hear a recommendation of one I haven't it gets me all excited and weird feeling.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

past month have watched
some x files
heroes
orngae is the new black
breaking bad
aqua teen
code monkeys
drive
side effects
nightmare before christmas