News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Natural

If you've got the stomach for Russell Brand, he's got a couple new ones up, an hour each.

END THE DRUGS WAR - An addicts'-level view of the war on drugs and different European approaches to it: public injection centers in Switzerland, gov't-supplied methadone in Britain, and prison recovery groups.

And on a more personal note, FROM ADDICTION TO RECOVERY, his love letter to Amy Winehouse.
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

jedifunk

Mile, Mile and a Half

i'm just starting to plan my trip for this time next year, and happen to see this on the flix the other week. nice docu-style about hiking the John Muir Trail.

its a 212 mile hike from Yosemite NP to the peak of the tallest mountain in the continental US, Mt. Whitney. Elevation barely drops below 8000 ft, and goes above 11000 ft about 7 times iirc.

highly recommend this movie
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

sick! looks like an awesome documentary, might watch this tonight.

jedifunk

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 25, 2015, 02:00:23 PM
definitely check it out!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

emay

have always wanted to do that but never seem to take the time to save and plan ahead of time to get it going.

jedifunk

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 25, 2015, 02:06:45 PM
have always wanted to do that but never seem to take the time to save and plan ahead of time to get it going.

honestly... me neither.  thats why i'm starting now. i've gathered so much info that my head feels like  :crazy:
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

justjezmund

Started watching Narcos.  Pablo Escobar VS DEA series on Netflix.  Pretty good, check it out.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mehead

Quote from: justjezmund on August 30, 2015, 07:12:16 PM
Started watching Narcos.  Pablo Escobar VS DEA series on Netflix.  Pretty good, check it out.

Added this to my queue this morning. Looking forward to it.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Hicks

Watched the first episode of Narcos last night, looks like this will be a pretty sweet series. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on August 30, 2015, 10:27:22 PM
Watched the first episode of Narcos last night, looks like this will be a pretty sweet series. 

Finished it today.  It is.

ytowndan

Quote from: mbw on August 30, 2015, 10:37:13 PM

Just watched the first three episodes.  Awesome show so far. 

Is this an ongoing series?  I see there's ten episodes, but is that it?  Like a mini-series, or does it leave some of the story for another season?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: jedifunk on August 25, 2015, 02:05:53 PM
definitely check it out!

just saw this
Yosemite is one of my favorite places on earth (plan to go back soon)
thanks for the rec
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mbw

Quote from: ytowndan on September 01, 2015, 12:17:44 AM
Quote from: mbw on August 30, 2015, 10:37:13 PM

Just watched the first three episodes.  Awesome show so far. 

Is this an ongoing series?  I see there's ten episodes, but is that it?  Like a mini-series, or does it leave some of the story for another season?

i believe it is ongoing.  not to give too much away but the story was not over at the end.

jedifunk

Quote from: slslbs on September 05, 2015, 01:16:21 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on August 25, 2015, 02:05:53 PM
definitely check it out!

just saw this
Yosemite is one of my favorite places on earth (plan to go back soon)
thanks for the rec

yep! hope you enjoy it!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

just finished it - f'n awesome!

thanks again!

good luck on planning your hike - it seems as if it would be life changing
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."