News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Netflix Recommendation Thread

Started by McGrupp, June 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

just picked up Netflix again for the 1st time in prob. 5 years.
-Can any1 suggest what major original netflix content/series i missed and should def. check out?
1st thing i started watching was Daredvil. seems solid so far.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ytowndan

Quote from: VA $l!m on December 23, 2017, 05:48:46 PM
-Can any1 suggest what major original netflix content/series i missed and should def. check out?

All of the Marvel series are really good, with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage being my favorites. 

In the hour-long drama department, I'd suggest Mindhunter and Ozark.  House of Cards was really cool, but who knows what's up with that now, given Kevin Spacey's situation.  Orange is the New Black is pretty good too, but it's starting to show signs of being around too long.  The first few years are great, though.

In the sci-fi area, I'd suggest checking out Stranger Things if you're in the mood for 80s nostalgia, and definitely check out Travelers for a well done time travel drama. 

My two favorite comedies from them so far are Master of None and G.L.O.W.  Schitts's Creek, even though it's not a Netflix original, is hilarious and worth your time, too.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VA $l!m

Quote from: ytowndan on December 23, 2017, 06:26:26 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on December 23, 2017, 05:48:46 PM

All of the Marvel series are really good, with Jessica Jones and Luke Cage being my favorites. 

In the hour-long drama department, I'd suggest Mindhunter and Ozark.  House of Cards was really cool, but who knows what's up with that now, given Kevin Spacey's situation.  Orange is the New Black is pretty good too, but it's starting to show signs of being around too long.  The first few years are great, though.

In the sci-fi area, I'd suggest checking out Stranger Things if you're in the mood for 80s nostalgia, and definitely check out Travelers for a well done time travel drama. 

My two favorite comedies from them so far are Master of None and G.L.O.W.  Schitts's Creek, even though it's not a Netflix original, is hilarious and worth your time, too.
awesome thanks man. look slike i got some serious binging to do. i figured why not since its dead of winter and all my cable shows just ended.

mbw

I will give a shout to Black Mirror, Narcos, and The Killing.

VA $l!m

Quote from: mbw on December 23, 2017, 08:32:37 PM
cool, was lookin @ Narcos fo sure

emay

emay

Quote from: emay on December 24, 2017, 01:37:29 PM
DARK is good

Just finished this and it was a mind fuck. Good series. If you liked stranger things you would enjoy this.

tet

the wife and I just started binging on The Crown - great fucking show, the acting & production quality are both top-notch. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jam>

New Dave Chapelle's up. They're great!

Also season 4 of Peaky Blinders.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: tet on January 05, 2018, 12:43:37 PM
the wife and I just started binging on The Crown - great fucking show, the acting & production quality are both top-notch.

Agreed and although I could usually care less about the monarchy, there was so much crazy shit going on that I never knew about.
I was teasing my wife when she first started it and as I'd pass through whatever room she was watching it in, I'd notice the crazy affairs and partying so I got hooked.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Quote from: mbw on December 23, 2017, 08:32:37 PM

The Killing was really good.

Currently halfway into season 2 of Longmire.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

Not on Netflix, but if you liked The Crown you'd probably like Victoria.  Or maybe not, my wife loves British shit so I watch a lot of it.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/shows/victoria/

mistercharlie

Quote from: jam> on January 05, 2018, 12:55:46 PM

I watched the first one Wednesday night and the other one just now. They're both great, I highly recommend at least the first one. The second might take a different kind of mind to appreciate, but it's still hilarious.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

LOVED them! Dude dove fearlessly into hot-topic, current affairs with hilarious results.
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 05, 2018, 07:36:39 PM

LOVED them! Dude dove fearlessly into hot-topic, current affairs with hilarious results.

Did the first tonight, gonna cue up the next one.
I had to wipe the tears of laughter multiple times.
One of a kind for sure.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.