News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Random YouTube Blowout

Started by redrum, August 04, 2007, 06:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

Try Speedstick!  It's not expensive! :lol:
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

rowjimmy

Genius. Bill Cosby wrote that, right?

blatboom

if you saw oklahoma state's head coach go off on the media for writing a hit piece against one of his players a few weeks ago, you'll love this:

[youtube=425,350][/youtube]

bluecaravan521

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

mbw

this monkey f*cks these tigers up

blatboom

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on October 17, 2007, 10:16:56 PM

this monkey f*cks these tigers up

:lol: owned!

alcoholandcoffeebeans

heh, made me laugh.....
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

ytowndan

I somehow knew that was coming.  Yet I still laughed.   :-D
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

alcoholandcoffeebeans

:-D

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

alcoholandcoffeebeans

*NEW RYAN ADAMS VIDEO*
Embedding disabled by request of owner.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pd-Z1zjlf8g

here's the link to the youtube. page.

kinda odd video... but sweet song, nontheless.

Marmar

just cuz I wanted to fuck with everyone.....

seriously....listen to it as many times in a row as you want......

the pitch keeps getting higher.......and higher.......and higher.......and high  :mrgreen:

Wait a day and then try it again ;)

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

Ok I don't really get that last one.
But, naturally it sucked me into youtube and I found this one. It's NSFW but has mild Radiohead content.

Marmar

listen to the two tones.....notice they climb higher and higher?

play it again, and it picks up where your ears left off, and keeps climbing higher.......

BUT- take the clip and put it on a seamless loop, and it's the same 2 tones over and over again that never "change" pitch. I forget the exact name, but it's "something-or-other's paradox"....

NOTE- it does NOT work on all people....it took me a few times of letting myself go before my ears were able to be tricked......

It works off the fact that our brains, when hearing 2 closely related tones in unison, naturally expects the next tone to be higher than the previous tone.....some speculate that the illusion is caused by the interference pattern generated between the 2 tones tricking our ears into shifting the tones due to the implied semi-tones from the interference pattern generated by the 2 frequencies.....

Go ahead and test it, the first 2 notes played are EXACTLY the same as the last 2 played......
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

redrum

Quote from: Marmar on November 06, 2007, 05:44:29 PM
listen to the two tones.....notice they climb higher and higher?

play it again, and it picks up where your ears left off, and keeps climbing higher.......

BUT- take the clip and put it on a seamless loop, and it's the same 2 tones over and over again that never "change" pitch. I forget the exact name, but it's "something-or-other's paradox"....

NOTE- it does NOT work on all people....it took me a few times of letting myself go before my ears were able to be tricked......

It works off the fact that our brains, when hearing 2 closely related tones in unison, naturally expects the next tone to be higher than the previous tone.....some speculate that the illusion is caused by the interference pattern generated between the 2 tones tricking our ears into shifting the tones due to the implied semi-tones from the interference pattern generated by the 2 frequencies.....

Go ahead and test it, the first 2 notes played are EXACTLY the same as the last 2 played......

i listend to the first 2 notes > muted my speakers > then put them back on for the replay.
..cool stuff mar.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.