News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Is there a program that eliminates skips into between tracks?

Started by Fee, June 26, 2008, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fee

Alright now that I'm getting stuff figured out.  Is there a program that eliminates the blip or second skip into between tracks when burning to CD.  I use yahoo musicmatch jukebox to burn and the skip is minimal, but definitely there.  For some reason my windows media player no longer burns for some reason, but this program was even worse for the skips.

Hicks

Mp3s will always have a slight skip between tracks, for .wav (and AAC for itunes) files, nero, roxio and itunes will burn discs without any pause between tracks.  With roxio its called disc at once to get the tracks to transition seemlessly and in itunes I think its in the Preferences>Burning menu that you have to set the space between tracks to zero seconds.  I don't use nero but I know it will burn gaplessly as well. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

nab

Quote from: slslbs on June 26, 2008, 11:12:01 PM
in nero just check "no pause between tracks"

I think this works with mp3 tracks as well when burnt to cd, though I haven't tried burning mp3 tracks to an audio cd for a while.

ClancyWiggum

For burning audio discs I highly recommend the program "burrrn". Google it and give it a try, it's small, simple and awesome. If I'm not mistaken you don't have to do any settings, it burns without skips by default. If you still have skips after burning with that one, I guess the skips are part of the .wav-files. In that case you'd need an editing-software to cut them out.