News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

free-ware Apple DVD Burner

Started by ucusty, July 09, 2008, 08:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ucusty

I've had an Imac for about a year and I have to say I miss NERO. Haven't really burned many cd/dvds. Is there any similar thing out there for mac, for free of course   

mattstick

Well Nero isn't free either.  But if you were going to buy or steal something make it Toast.

ucusty

well nero came free with my sony d/l burner that doesnt work with mac....
what about free cd/dvd cover makers for the slim jewel boxes????

ucusty

broke down and bought toast....   its ok...   dvd shrink and nero were better especially for the money

jephrey

as far as I know, there are more options with dvdshrink, but I've had good success with toast because I burn movie only anyhow, and it sometimes doesn't need to compress, and when it does, it just evenly does it.  For me it's great.  I also use toast to go flac > apple lossless which is a very nice feature if you store all your stuff losslessly in itunes.  I've used toast for a long time and although I didn't like the previous version that much, I like the newest.  You can even do simple editing and authoring if you want.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.