News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/01 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 02, 2009, 01:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: redrum on August 02, 2009, 02:20:32 AM
ESTHER

:-o

:beers:
sounded unreal....
that's all i needed to see.

glad you and mbird are having a blast!!! :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sprobeck

Wow what a great show!! The First Tube was probably the most energetic  :phish: performance I've seen. Sleeping Monkey was also cool because I was wanting Fishman to have a moment. The Harry Hood was a bit lackluster towards the end I thought--would have liked them to crank it up a bit more. The band felt really far away at that time.  There were so many highlights though--more than Thursday.  Really glad I went. Still had a mess getting in--took me 45 minutes after I got to RR to park and walk in.  Only 20 minutes back to my car afterwards which is better than an hour!!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

Superfreakie

Quote from: sprobeck on August 02, 2009, 02:49:58 AM
Wow what a great show!! The First Tube was probably the most energetic  :phish: performance I've seen. Sleeping Monkey was also cool because I was wanting Fishman to have a moment. The Harry Hood was a bit lackluster towards the end I thought--would have liked them to crank it up a bit more. The band felt really far away at that time.  There were so many highlights though--more than Thursday.  Really glad I went. Still had a mess getting in--took me 45 minutes after I got to RR to park and walk in.  Only 20 minutes back to my car afterwards which is better than an hour!!

Right now I would walk two hours to see if a show if that what it would take. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sprobeck

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 02, 2009, 03:06:29 AM
Quote from: sprobeck on August 02, 2009, 02:49:58 AM

Right now I would walk two hours to see if a show if that what it would take. 

That's chill.  I'm just looking forward to The Gorge when I can catch a shuttle to AND FROM the show to my car.
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

justjezmund

ahh i get back to a pc finally after a nice night of drink, and no one left in the after party. well it is 330 oh well see ya tomorrow i guess peace
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

redrum

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on August 02, 2009, 02:44:27 AM

thanks.
this place just has a certain vibe to it.
the mountain air is pure and clean, the locals here are mad chill, and the venue staff has been overly friendly.
the first 3 days here couldn't have been better to us..

can't wait to share some pics with you guys.
i've been dying to post, but our connection here won't let me upload.

either way they'll be nice and warmed up by the time chicago rolls around.
you guys are gonna tear it in half!

:rawk:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

shoreline99

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on August 02, 2009, 02:44:27 AM
Quote from: redrum on August 02, 2009, 02:20:32 AM
ESTHER

:-o

:beers:
sounded unreal....
that's all i needed to see.

QFMFT

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

okelnard

Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM

You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

And that's why we do it... :clap:  It may sound crappy at times (I don't watch the video at all, it would induce seizures or nausea) but when it is strong, you can get a real feel for the jams... Last night was no exception. :beerbang:

3.0 is starting to soar. 

Some nice bust outs (First Curtain With since it was encore of the "last show ever") and some sweet Type II jamming.  Yeah, I'd walk a few hours there and back for a show within a hundred miles of the 3rd coast...
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

mistercharlie

Just wakeing up to another tasty recording from Taylorc.
Last night was a blast. First good stream we've had so far this leg of the tour.
And another quote was added to my sig during the festivities:
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
I'm getting ready for work now, but I'll see you all for tonight same Robo-Sharting Time, same Robo-Sharting thread.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"

rickjamesstjames

Last night's stream was better quality than my old tapes.
Unquestionably, the future is here.
Quote from: phan003 on June 24, 2007, 10:57:21 PM
sweet lecture.  I suppose he should dose the fucker too?  :roll:

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

I'm in a coffee shop. The only interweb in this beachy town as, for some reason, my blackberry is not interwebbing at all.  :frustrated: so, although we were partying and I wouldn't have been on the setlist hread I had no setlist access until just now aside from a post-set-one call from Slim who was stoked and rattled off some of set one to me "Curtain With!!!"
then, late night I get a text "sik sik sik!!"

this morning, I get "best show of this year. hicks guyforget and me called most of the 2nd set. I called Esther"

holy crap, what a sick looking show. Cannot wait to hear it. 

Danastasio1

Awesome, can't wait to give last night's show a listen.  Off to bt.etree....

:phish:
'94 Again Please