News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2009-06-09 Asheville Civic Center - Asheville, NC - Official Roll Call Thread

Started by rowjimmy, March 25, 2009, 11:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

guyforget

Quote from: mattstick on May 21, 2009, 10:12:11 AM

I'm not so into post-shows either... but that Viperhouse gig was Fall '98, not summer.

see how much i pay attention to post-show music?

:-D

(but i woulda been on the road to Hampton, anyway, after yet another '98 YEM encore)
-AD_

Caravan2001

generally after a Phish show, the last thing I want to see is more music....but Les/Oysterhead in Vegas was cool...and Shockra at the Wetlands after 2/6/93 was epic, as was the PowerJam the night before...but I was a lot younger then  :wink:

WhatstheUse?

I feel like most any show would pale in comparison after just seeing Phish play.
Bring in the dude!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Depends on who it was, where they were playing.

I'd definitely dig on seeing a Flaming Lips show at the Orange Peel after the Asheville show if such a thing were going down (even though it isn't.)

Most hippy bands, however, hells to the noes.

Especially if your name is Steve Kimock or Col. Bruce Hampton.

guyforget

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on May 21, 2009, 01:01:53 PM
Especially if your name is Steve Kimock or Col. Bruce Hampton.

Or Particle, Brother's Past......

I generally can dig on something a little lighter pre-show, acoustic music, bluegrass, etc.  Nothing that requires a lot of paying attention. 

Vegas is different, because its Vegas, and Id never go to Vegas w/out a Phish show or three to see.  I did go to Claypool after Phish in 2000, but green gel definitely helped me achieve the required energy levels that night. 

-AD_

art vandelay

im thinking there will be an afterparty at smokey's after dark.

fauxpaxfauxreal

guyforget

No "heard" about it - its a gay bar.  I dont know if art vandelay is trying to make a joke or whatever...
-AD_

fauxpaxfauxreal

He says "no I'm not".

I think he really wants us all to rage that joint after the show.

guyforget

i just prefer to spend my post-show in a chronic haze in the comfort of my own space

i do like pre-show music, but i dont think that smokey's is open earlier in the day, dont know for sure....

-AD_

gah

Quote from: guyforget on May 27, 2009, 10:53:09 PM
i just prefer to spend my post-show in a chronic haze in the comfort of my own space

i do like pre-show music, but i dont think that smokey's is open earlier in the day, dont know for sure....

sounds about right.

8-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

notkuroda

gah

So anyone know of any cool meeting spots near the venue for this show? I won't be getting down there till about midnight monday, and will likely just get some sleep at that point, but am all about checking out Asheville all day Tuesday, maybe grab some lunch with some paugers, and hit up some bars later.

Also updated list, let me know if I missed anyone:

phg
jmorgan
Sophist
noodle
keeb333
Short Round
mixmasterob
tonybeyondo
fauxpasfauxreal
emayPhishheadMD
guyforget
whyweight3.5
Bobafett
goodabouthood
WhatstheUse?
notkuroda
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

keeb333

I'm planning on arriving in Asheville at or before noon Tuesday.  I don't know the town that well, so I'm also looking for any suggestions near the venue to meet up with you guys. 

Sophist, you know of anywhere man?