News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

oldschool discussion

Started by VA $l!m, April 30, 2005, 01:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

hey now. just thought i'd put something up here and see if i could spark any discussion or activity.
 i think there is possibility here for this being a great resource for this site.
that being said, i'm interested at this point to hear ANY comments or ideas about mail-trading shows/tours/years for those of us lacking a high-speed connection.
 i personally would be interested in seeing a mail-trade tree/vine/whatever started here w/ posts as to what we can make available to the public, etc.

unfortunately, i might not be the best equiped to start things out at this point , b/c if you have read my other posts , you know that i have lost the majority of my catalog of shows in a move and i am personally at a literal ground 0 as far as capability of circulating shows at this point.

HOWEVER, i will make the offer at this point, --that if anyone wants to help me get things off the ground in regards to this forum...i promise to post every show i get on this forum w/b+P offers,etc.
--and i personally am going to have plenty of free time in the near future to deal with a large amount of effort and logistics...
SO let's do something to help share the abundance of great phish music that is out there , and maybe the world will be a better place(or something ). :D  

_______comments?, question?, thoughts?---feel free to post or PM me about anything--thanx, VAslim.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

jedifunk

sweet, good to see this happening.  i am willing to help you get things going by sending you a couple of DVDs worth of stuff.  take a look @ my list and let me know.  it might take me a week or so to get them to you, what with project 98 going on & my hectic life, but i can & will get them to you.

let me know.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

nice jedi, thanx for the quick response!
is it kosher to pm you a technological question or two i have, or should i just post?

--anyone else keep the suggestions coming in , i know there is a demand out there. :)

(btw 10 more posts for you , and it'll be1000--does that make you a jedifunkmaster or something?)

VA $l!m

If i start getting offers to help start somewhere, i would also like to hear requests for where to start/ shows people want , etc...
 Personally, i think a good place to start , seeing as this could be a large undertaking, might just be some of the more popular tours (or shows), i.e.fall97, --just an idea...
 --Again, feel free to pm me suggestions and comments if you don't feel like posting.

jedifunk

VAslim-  feel free to PM me or post here whichever you prefer.  like i said take a look @ my list and we'll go from there.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

allright, beautiful!
thanx everybody that has either posted or pm'd me today!
i guess right now i gotta wait for etree to get back up so i can browse some lists.
  In general things might start out a little slow w/ this, but given some time i will have some shows to post and things will get rolling...  you gotta start these things somewhere.
everybody keep in touch w/ ideas & requests ...and i'll post if i have need for any specific shows/whatnot.
peace
happy may day!  8)

jedifunk

word, while your waiting for the DB to come back, i'll give you a quick list of what i've got.

-all of fall97
-all of summer98
-all of the us tours in 99
-a good portion of 2000
-and now as of late, some of the better shows from: nov94, summer95, fall95

hope that helps

btw, i love your new avatar VAslim
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

cool, i don't really need a list then,
if i'm choosing to start somewhere it's going to be fall97-summer98
i think i got the island tour lined up w/ someone already, so fall97 or summer 98...
hopefully 'itsnot' or somebody can help me w/ whichever one your not helping me with.
 as i told him i got a burner that burns dvds but i havent used it at all so i'm a little wary about the whole burning of audiodvds ---i just dont neccesarily understand the logistics of the software yet.
sorry-rookie here...but i'm just going to assume that if i can burn videos that it's possible to burn audiodvds also????
anyway, give me a few until i can figure out which tour i need...holla back.

p.s.-the avatar thing is funny b/c being computer challenged as i am, icouldn't quite get the resolution of the detail from my drawing on the scan...but i guess that's why your the graphic designer and i'm the painting major.hehe. :D

jedifunk

mmm, i feel a colaboration coming on ;)

also, i'm not sure you quite understand the dvd thing (or maybe i dont understand what you'd like to do).  i would burn you DATA DVDs, not audio.  you would receive 3-4 shows in shn/flac format per DVD.  then you can do what you want with them.  i dont think burning audio DVDs is a good thing since many people dont have dvd players in their cars and stuff.

also, if i remember correctly fall97 was 21 or 22 shows long so that would be between about 8 DVDs.   i could probably do that in a week or two (sorry limited time in my life -also got project 98 to worry about).  perhaps itsnot could split the tour with me, 4 DVDs from each of us.

just let me know what you would like.

(btw, this is post 1000!!! woohoo!  did i win a prize? probably not ;) )
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Itsnotanexperience

i could honestly use either one your skills for the cover
of my next demo cd.........funk, you've got 4 of my tracks
already - there are three more coming to........7 for the Cd.....
i'd kill for some of your mad skills on the cover..........

slim - i pm'd you my flac/shn list......

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunkmmm, i feel a colaboration coming on ;)

also, i'm not sure you quite understand the dvd thing (or maybe i dont understand what you'd like to do).  i would burn you DATA DVDs, not audio.  you would receive 3-4 shows in shn/flac format per DVD.  then you can do what you want with them.  i dont think burning audio DVDs is a good thing since many people dont have dvd players in their cars and stuff.

also, if i remember correctly fall97 was 21 or 22 shows long so that would be between about 8 DVDs.   i could probably do that in a week or two (sorry limited time in my life -also got project 98 to worry about).  perhaps itsnot could split the tour with me, 4 DVDs from each of us.

(btw, this is post 1000!!! woohoo!  did i win a prize? probably not ;) )

okay, this sounds good, the collabo--project 'snailmailfall97'...
and yeah its me , i'm talking about datadvds i guess, (audiodvds no)--semantics;it's all greek to me , sorry, i now understand the diff.--i just am trying to make sure i can burn the datadvds  w/ my machine.
((maybe my title should be changed to 'oleschoolslim'--ha!))
anyway...

1000postsjedi---your a week4-gaud!

jedifunk

VAslim- what the hell are u doing in Neb?  life is crazy but Neb?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

itsnot-  let me know what you're looking for & i'll try to whip something up for ya.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

Quote from: jedifunkVAslim- what the hell are u doing in Neb?  life is crazy but Neb?

i was waiting  for someone to ask...
long story.
 short version= i'm regrouping (financially/spiritually/etc.)>my parents moved back here about a year ago/so they're helping me out...i was born in omaha about 31 years ago/grew up on the east coast(mostly VA) though; ...and long island > nebraska is about as major of a culture shock as it gets , but i've moved around alot, so no biggie.
 It's actually not as bad as it sounds(neb -that is), when i look out my window i just pretend it's where i lived in denver(looks the same w/out the mountains, sort of). 8)

VA $l!m

okay, jedi , looking over its not's list---the only holes in his fall97list are 11-16/17, 12-5, & 12-9 i think.
so it probably would be good to make sure i get those from you... otherwise maybe you guys could talk and divy up some of the other ones...and if we need more help w/ the load , i'm sure someone else could help also.
 as soon as you figure out which shows you can do for me , let me know details about what type of blank dvds i should buy(since i've never bought any before), and mailing info...i could probably get something off to you tues. if i get all the info i need.

and itsnot maybe i could send you some illustrations if your interested--got a subject/topic?