News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

10 years ago right now I was very drunk catching up with BM for the first time in years. I remember asking if he thought I should set an alarm and he just laughed. "Are you kidding? We're seeing phish tomorrow!"

Sure enough, we both popped out of bed at about 8am with zero hangover and 100% adrenaline just knowing we were headed to Hampton first phish show since Coventry.

I threw on my "I Love Pie" shirt and the rest is history.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 06, 2019, 12:50:41 AM
10 years ago right now I was very drunk catching up with BM for the first time in years. I remember asking if he thought I should set an alarm and he just laughed. "Are you kidding? We're seeing phish tomorrow!"

Sure enough, we both popped out of bed at about 8am with zero hangover and 100% adrenaline just knowing we were headed to Hampton first phish show since Coventry.

I threw on my "I Love Pie" shirt and the rest is history.

:clap:
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

I cannot believe that it's been 10 years since RJ invented Live Setlist Thread-ing! Oh, and some band has been back together for 10 years today also...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

Proof you can see my "I Love Pie" shirt from a mile away...

WhatstheUse?

wow, really hard to believe it's been 10 years.  What a blast it's been. I'm so damn happy that seeing Phish became a part of my life. :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

VDB

Phish has been reunited for longer than the amount of time that passed from when I first saw them to their reunion. Makes me feel both old and n00by at once.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

My brain is trying to wrap itself around the ten years of 3.0 vs. the ten of 1990-2000.

Hicks

Going with the "we're old" tangent, check this out.

The period of time between 1981 and today is now longer than the period of time between 1945 and 1981. That means we are now further away from 1981 in time than we were from the end of WWII back in 1981.

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

birdman

Quote from: Hicks on March 06, 2019, 06:16:57 PM

The period of time between 1981 and today is now longer than the period of time between 1945 and 1981. That means we are now further away from 1981 in time than we were from the end of WWII back in 1981.

who you calling old, grandpa hicks? Ive been 34 for the last 10 years
Paug FTMFW!

Hicks

Quote from: birdman on March 06, 2019, 06:31:07 PM
Quote from: Hicks on March 06, 2019, 06:16:57 PM

who you calling old, grandpa hicks? Ive been 34 for the last 10 years

But how old were in 1981? You know, right after WWII ended. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 06, 2019, 10:15:25 AM

I can't like this enough.  :clap:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 06, 2019, 08:35:18 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 06, 2019, 10:15:25 AM

I can't like this enough.  :clap:

Pretty sure I'm 3 dudes to the right.

Also, Hicks, take that math shit right on outa here.

ph92

Phish makes me happy. I'm glad they're back and playing pretty damn well.

When I started listening to them in early 04 I was sure I was never gonna get to actually see them.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 06, 2019, 05:33:17 PM
My brain is trying to wrap itself around the ten years of 3.0 vs. the ten of 1990-2000.

This is the real brain buster. I'd suggest not thinking about all that too much... it just doesn't... add up in the same way lol.
Bring in the dude!