News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mets fans?

Started by Gumbo72203, May 06, 2007, 08:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

rowjimmy

That's just wrong.
Animated poop, fine.
but a two-foot floater?

August

The worst thing you can do in baseball is to load up the bases in the bottom of the 9th and walk in the winning run.
The only thing worse than that is to give up a 4-0 lead only to load up the bases in the bottom of the ninth and walk in the winning run.

Cubs=

a

jephrey

See my previous post...  You see the cubs logo on the side of the short turd?

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

antelope19

Quote from: August on May 14, 2007, 10:10:22 PM
The worst thing you can do in baseball is to load up the bases in the bottom of the 9th and walk in the winning run.
The only thing worse than that is to give up a 4-0 lead only to load up the bases in the bottom of the ninth and walk in the winning run.

Cubs=

a

Did you see the O's Red sox game 2 nights ago?   :frustrated:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

August

Big time choke!
That hurts!
I'll be at the game tonight to witness the pwnage.
a

jephrey

QuoteThe worst thing you can do in baseball is to load up the bases in the bottom of the 9th and walk in the winning run.

Oh, there's worse.  Like losing 10 to 1.  :wink:

J

Gumbo72203

yeah.....   i dont fuckin get it.  Were dealin with injuries now too.  Alou, El Duque, Beltran. 

i dont know... i really dont get us sometimes.  It seems as if theres the slightest hint of a blowout from the other side, we just completely give up.  Every game where we we've given up only 1 run or so but the other team scores at least 4 has been something like 5/6-1.  Its annoying, but whatever, everyone loses.

my big beef with this team right now is that up until recently, if we got more hits than the other team, we lost.  but if we got less, we won.  I dont know... our pitchers have been complete crap lately.  Maine fucked up today for the first real time; Glavine wasn't normal last time at all, whatsoever.  And Pelfrey, well...  good riddance.  Sorry kid, you fucked us over; admit you're not ready.  Its all good tho.

Reyes is the shit, and we're a game and a half down.  Beat.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

August

Quote from: jephrey on May 15, 2007, 10:52:42 PM
Oh, there's worse.  Like losing 10 to 1.  :wink:

J

I literally PRAYED that the Cubs would win last night.
You can thank me whenever.  :-)

Getting blown out at home is fun, though.
I got SHITTY and was out pretty late doing some CRAZY-ASS SHIT!\
My vagueness is a cloak.
If the cops don't come looking for me today or tomorrow, i might be in the clear.....
a

jephrey

Can't wait to see the next two.  Honestly, at the end, I was more watching the bulls keep it alive...

Good day for chicago sports.

J

DoW

people don;t still get caught up in the actual scores, do they?
if the mets have a 4 game series and win 3 games by one run and lose the 4th by 15 runs, I am still happy.  at the end of the year, it is about wins and losses.
the only part I hate about losing 10-1 is that your bullpen gets used more than you'd like.

if the mets were going to lose, this is the game I wanted them to lose.  I have Zambrano on my fantasy team.

whenever there is mention of a bses loaded walk int he bottom of the 9th, I still have painful memories about 1999 games 6 of the NLCS.  granted, it was the 10th inning.  but to win games 4 and 5 (5 being such an awesome game) and to fight back from a 5-0 deficit in Game 6.  to lose on a bases loaded walk sucks and send the hated Braves to the World series taboot.

damn you Kenny Rogers.

ok.  back to topic.  the Cubs suck.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

jephrey

Still, by the end of the year, the Cubs will have more wins than the Mets.  I'm sure of it.

J

DoW

Quote from: jephrey on May 16, 2007, 09:09:53 AM
Still, by the end of the year, the Cubs will have more wins than the Mets.  I'm sure of it.

J
ummm. yeah. see.  I have a problem with that.  see.  ummm.  yeah.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

antelope19

Quote from: jephrey on May 16, 2007, 09:09:53 AM

J

Where can I get some of that good sh#$ you're smokin'?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jephrey

At least I have a lot of Cub fans to back me up here.

Last night, the Cubs won without the hottest hitter in the league.  How about another tonight?

J