News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What Team You Rootin' For?

Started by August, October 04, 2006, 10:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

August

jephrey

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

Quote from: jephrey on October 09, 2006, 09:50:18 AM
Bears!

da bears look quite legit.  it looks like the road to the super bowl will be thru chi town come january.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

I think we're realizing that even though we've heard that their opponents are weak, the Seahawks are 3-1, Minnesota 3-2, and the Bills 2-3 (although they were expected to be a lot better) the Bears have not only defeated their opponents, but in many cases, crushed them.  Yeah, the Pack and the Lions blow, but there's the any given sunday rule.  This week is the Cardinals.  Now the bears should rip them a new one (the early line is 10.5 points on the road), but you never know.  These guys need an undefeated season.  I know this is a baseball thread, but I can't help it.  You fantasy players better start hookin up Berrian.  ans when the run is on, grab some Thomas Jones cuz hell start getting 100 yard games (I bet he's running a lot against the Cards).  And always bet on the Bears D.

WWWOOOOOOOHOOOO.  I'm finally back to where football is fun to watch. It's only been about 20 years.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

flow00

The Tigers can't be stopped, baby.  :banana: Bring it on Mets!

Caravan2001

Mets fan since '78....season ticket  holder 84-93.....saw 2 games of '86 series including the Buckner game..Gotta believe baby!  Mets, Mets, Mets......waiting to hear if I get tix in the lottery, if not it's scalper city baby and I'm flying back from PDX to rock it....fuck yeah bitch, this is our year (finally!)....

Caravan2001

As far as football is concerned, just give the Bears the trophy (even though I am a true blue Giants fan)...Chicago is on fuego...

DoW

So the story behind the rain out is that Chris Carpenter may start Game 2 instead of Game 3 on normal days rest.  Well, in case ESPN can't do the math, he still only gets 2 starts in the series (if it gets that far) and playing 5 staright days definitely favors the team with the better bullpen which is the Mets.
The Mets need to start scoring early and often and get into St. Louis' bullpen as much as possible.
As much as I hate rain outs, it is nice to know the mets/Cards now play 5 straight days.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

August

bvaz, they are gonna keep Carpenter in the third slot, but that means that we are gonna have to start Perez in Game 4.
no biggee.
a

sls.stormyrider

Strawberry continues to amaze me
from NYT

QuoteIn about three months, Darryl Strawberry has gone from wanting no part of the Mets to throwing out the first pitch for Game 1 of the National League Championship Series. Strawberry had a recent dispute over money with the team that caused him to initially turn down the Mets' invitation to be part of their August celebration honoring the 1986 World Series-winning team. But he resolved the issue and said he was excited about being part of the organization again. "It means a great deal to me, to really tie the bond here, because it was very special for me to play here and win the rookie of the year and win a championship in '86," Strawberry said. "You know, the great years that we all had here, the bond that I have that's really starting to develop back with this organization, it means to me more than anybody could imagine."

great ballplayer in his time, bad head. a waste
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

Quote from: antelope19 on October 04, 2006, 11:38:16 AM
Quote from: august on October 04, 2006, 10:56:55 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on October 04, 2006, 10:55:12 AM
Sorry, its football season!!!!   :-P

that sounds like the Orioles lost to me!
a

Ouch!!!!!  Yup, another dismal season.  So bad that the fans organized and actually walked out of a game in the second inning towards the end of the season to help encourage angelos to sell the team.  However, if I had to choose a team to win it, I would love to see the tigers go all the way!!!!  Restore the roar!!!!!!!

Lookin' good (so far) for those TIGERS!!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

flow00

I'm kinda hoping the Tigers lose at least one game because I have tickets to game 5. And karma for you, Antelope, for rooting for the Tigers.

Caravan2001

Yeah boy, Mets are on the way. Game Two is huge for the Cards, I'm hoping Carp gets rattled early.  He needs to throw a gem to stop the Amazins....I was notified by the Mets today that I made the cut to purchase tickets online Monday for the series, so I am stoked.  They better f-ing make it!

crnl4bn

Manchester United, Real Madrid, & Boca Juniors...
http://db.etree.org/flavaflav

This opportune physical form
Is worth more than a wish-granting gem.
You only gain its like the once.
So hard to get, so easily destroyed,
It's like a lightning bolt in the sky.

Contemplate this, and you will realize
All worldly actions are but winnowed chaff,
And night and day you must
Extract some essence from your life.
I, the yogi, practiced this way;
You, wanting liberation, do the same!